Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
is huntin wrong?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Duckslayer74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:20 pm
some ppl hav told me it is rong to hunt so i thot id c wat all yall think.

i dont c noin rong with it i go huntin every now and then. i like huntin dove the most all thoh 1 girl didnt like the idea and sorta cursed at me well add wat u think  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm
Hunting is not wrong, just as long as you eat what you kill.....If It's just for sport then I think it's wrong, because your killing living things just fro the heck of it.
Indians and all the earlier tribes and civilizations and stuff, hunted but they only did it to have food, they would use the skin as clothing, they used the smaller bones as needles. Nothing was wasted really.
God put animals on this earth so that we could have food and stuff  

missymisa

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:06 pm
I would actually condone hunting for everyone who eats meat, at least once. And that doesn't mean wander around the woods once. I mean, they must actually shoot, kill, gut, skin and prepare an animal.

I feel that if one cannot morally do something with their hands, they have no right to have it done by someone else's hand.

Basically, if we eat meat, we are therefore responsible for the killing of an animal for our sustinence. I think we should be ABLE to kill and prepare our own food. Logically, wether we kill it or a butcher does, an animal dies. So, if you feel bad about killing an animal yourself, you have no right to eat an animal someone else has killed.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:01 pm
divineseraph
I would actually condone hunting for everyone who eats meat, at least once. And that doesn't mean wander around the woods once. I mean, they must actually shoot, kill, gut, skin and prepare an animal.

I feel that if one cannot morally do something with their hands, they have no right to have it done by someone else's hand.

Basically, if we eat meat, we are therefore responsible for the killing of an animal for our sustinence. I think we should be ABLE to kill and prepare our own food. Logically, wether we kill it or a butcher does, an animal dies. So, if you feel bad about killing an animal yourself, you have no right to eat an animal someone else has killed.
I really like the way you put that. I'm vegan because I definitely could never kill or abuse one of God's creations.  

suki owl

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:32 pm
[ s u k i ~ s h i n e ]
divineseraph

I really like the way you put that. I'm vegan because I definitely could never kill or abuse one of God's creations.

I must tell you, I do eat meat. But I think that it's hypocritical for people to complain about hunters if they eat meat themselves, or give saddened "Awww"'s when they see an alligator eating a wildebeast or spider eating a butterfly.

I must admit that I feel a twinge when thinking of gutting an animal. However, I understand that this is the process that a butcher does, so by my hand or not, it's still just meat. I plan on going hunting next season and dressing the carcass in order to prove to myself that I am no hypocrit, that I can reap what I sow.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:46 pm
But at least you go through the process of it. Most people eat meat and they just go to the grocery store and partake in it and don't even care how it was made and the process of killing the animal. Honestly, I feel like I'm going to hurl just thinking about it. If anything people should purchase meat locally at a coop or something because that supports the economy. When people eat store bought meat they not only get meat with pesticides, antibiotics, and who knows what else, they support the mass production and slaughter of animals and then mass waste of it. That's not what God intended. One of my uncles hunt deer for the sport and to have their heads stuffed and put on his wall....If anything makes me sick, it's that. I personally believe God originally intended for man to eat the plants and fruit of the earth, but with the fall of Adam everything became corrupted and then animal sacrifices were also needed. But if people will not waste the meat and they need it to sustain themselves then I won't look down on them or anything.  

suki owl

Adelwulf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:24 am
I don't think there is anything wrong with hunting. So long as you eat what you kill, that is. We are omnivores, and I don't see why we should apologise for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:06 am
I have 2 major beefs (pardon the pun) with hunting...

First off, most people do it for sport. Regardless of them eating what they kill, it's still for sport. They enjoy killing helpless creatures with weapons that said creatures have no defense against, and they're there for the thrill of chasing them down, stalking them, and ultimately, killing them. That is the "sport" of hunting. And I find that wrong morally. Read the next point as to why, however.

Secondly, hunting is wasteful. Very wasteful these days. Even if you consume 100% of the animal you kill. Touching back on the first point, I will wholeheartedly agree that hunting is fine if it's for food, AND - here's the catch - there's NO OTHER WAY TO GET FOOD. In the time of the Indians, and the Pilgrims, before we had supermarkets, people needed to hunt to get meat. It was a way of life. Killing for pleasure most certainly happened, but there was also a genuine need for meat. These days, however, there is not. Your local supermarket buys beef for people like you to buy and consume - if you don't, it will rot and be thrown away, wasted. When you hunt these days, even if you eat 100% of the animal you kill, you're letting other animal that died for you to eat at the supermarket go bad, which is very wasteful. There is no viable reason to hunt in my opinion since food is quite readily available. If they kept live cows in the back of the market and butchered them to order, it would be totally different, but the fact is that Americans waste quite a lot of beef as it is that is slaughtered for people to eat, and goes bad before it's purchased at the store. Every hunter killing for his/her own food supply in today's world is only increasing that number and wasting perfectly good food.

I don't view vegetarians in the same light, either, as they are choosing to not eat meat - they aren't seeking other sources for it while the original source continues to overproduce. So yea, I have a problem with people who have a lust for killing things. With today's readily available fresh meat in every supermarket across the nation, there's no need to hunt. Thus, people who do it are deluding themselves that they do it for food - they do it because they enjoy killing. Plain and simple. They use the food value as justification to continue their killing spree, and waste food in the process.  

PhaseBurn

IRL Gaian

Baskar RuneScythe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:49 pm
99% of my diet is meat. I raise a bunch of birds (chickens, ducks, geese, pheasant, quail, button quail and pigeons) and most of them are livestock, except about 50 of em. However, for some things I do go to the store. Quite frankly, I can't afford a cow or two. They're a bit expensive. However, my family (my parents live next door) and I are saving up for a few pigs. Mmmm, yum.

As for me personally, I don't mind gutting smaller animals, but when it comes to deer, I just can't take it. My father however... well, I'm glad he's the one that got the pest control license and not me. You know deer are a pest when you have 3 dozen of them going through your yard eating just about everything in their path. Quite a nuisance when you're trying to grow new paw paw tree's. (A type of fruit tree - we have 1300 of em) Now I have enough deer in my freezers to last until next April. YUMMMMMM smile Don't worry, my father is only allowed to kill a pre-specified amount. However with it being hunting season... smile

When I was young we were really tight for money. I remember one night my father went out and when he came back, he had brought a deer with him. One of those things. Either starve and lose your home or go out and illegally kill an animal. When you're hungry, you'll eat anything. Before the deer incident, we ate most of our pets. I'm grateful my parents didn't tell me what we ate, otherwise who knows how it would have gone down. We ate our OLD goats, our cats and our dog. Actually, dog isn't that bad, I've had it a few other times.

Ramble concluded.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:21 pm
there is nothing wrong with hunting for food, God made us the caretakers of earth, and in being so, we may take a life of something like a deer, to eat. as long as we don't take more than we need, and he hunt to get food... if its just for the trophy, then yes, it is wrong.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:04 pm
Hunting for a living I don't think is wrong. God put created the earth for our use. The animals are here to eat and work for us. the plants provide air and food. However, if you hunt for sport, or just to kill for whatever, I think that's wrong. God also charged us to take care of the earth, and hunting for sport is not doing so.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:36 am
divineseraph

I don't think that's really fair. Aside from any personal moral issues, there's also the issue that it's downright disgusting.  

Mein Kulturkampf

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff