Submit

abortion is wrong!
  yes
  nope
  it depends...
View Results

missymisa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Ok, so in my point of veiw abortion is murder. Even though the baby is not fully formed, and it has not been born yet, it's still taking away a life.
If this still does not convince you, then why is it that when someone kills a pregnant lady they charge the person who did it with a double homicide? Why would they say that it was 2 murders and not just one....the baby is not born yet....
Now, say a girl were to get raped, then later finds out she was pregnant. I would then be in favor of the abortion if she so chooses because she didn't have sex at will, she was raped. I mean, if you think about it, how difficult would it be on the child, when he/she grows up then his/her mother having to tell him/her that they are the result of rape, that they are the child of her rapist. That's really hard on them, and could possibly scar him/her emotionally forever.
If a girl goes and has sex then gets pregnant, that's her fault. She screwed up, made a mistake, whatever you want to call it, it was willful and she has to face the consequenses of her actions. Those are my thoughts, what are yours?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:54 pm
Firstly, it's spelled "Murder"

Secondly, legally, no, abortion is not murder.. Feti are not given personhood, and becuase of this, thye cannt be "murdered" as law defines "murder" as the illegal killing of a person with the intent to commit a crime.

However, by this logic, the Holocaust was not murder either. Jews were not people in Nazi Germany. therefore, their slaughter was not murder, just killing.

Yes, abortion is wrong, I would agree. But legal definitions, pointless and counter-productive as they may be, say that it isn't murder.  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:59 pm
In my opinion, yes, abortion is wrong. Think about it, the only thing that seperates us from them is time. We are just older than them. And if you disagree then how 'bout this. That's like saying "I think we should kill my sister because she's younger than me." See? The only thing that seperates us from them is time. So, yes, it is wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:35 pm
divineseraph

Secondly, legally, no, abortion is not murder.. Feti are not given personhood, and becuase of this, thye cannt be "murdered" as law defines "murder" as the illegal killing of a person with the intent to commit a crime.

However, by this logic, the Holocaust was not murder either. Jews were not people in Nazi Germany. therefore, their slaughter was not murder, just killing.

Yes, abortion is wrong, I would agree. But legal definitions, pointless and counter-productive as they may be, say that it isn't murder.

I'm not speaking in terms of it being legal or not. I'm saying that it's morally wrong, And yes there have been cases where some guy goes and kills some pregnant lady and they have charged him with 2 accounts of murder/manslaughter whatever you want call it...the government is screwed up anyway.....I suppose it's hopeless  

missymisa

kaleinh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:37 pm
etchedspirit
Ok, so in my point of veiw abortion is murder. Even though the baby is not fully formed, and it has not been born yet, it's still taking away a life.

In my point of view, taking groceries out of the store after you buy them is stealing. Even though you've already paid for them and the store won't mind you taking them, it's still stealing.

You cannot say "I think X is Y, even though every shred of unbiased evidence suggests it isn't" and expect to be taken seriously.

Quote:
If this still does not convince you, then why is it that when someone kills a pregnant lady they charge the person who did it with a double homicide? Why would they say that it was 2 murders and not just one....the baby is not born yet....

Because the mother could have thought it WAS a baby. Part of the justice system is getting justice for the victim; if the victim believes her child is a person already, then taking it from her would be, in her eyes, murder.

Plus, the justice system is headed by rightwing neoconservatives because of the Bush administration. ^-^

Quote:
Now, say a girl were to get raped, then later finds out she was pregnant. I would then be in favor of the abortion if she so chooses because she didn't have sex at will, she was raped. I mean, if you think about it, how difficult would it be on the child, when he/she grows up then his/her mother having to tell him/her that they are the result of rape, that they are the child of her rapist. That's really hard on them, and could possibly scar him/her emotionally forever.

Lots of children deal with having horrible fathers; why would it be any different? Do you advocate murder for children whos' parents beat them?

Quote:
If a girl goes and has sex then gets pregnant, that's her fault. She screwed up, made a mistake, whatever you want to call it, it was willful and she has to face the consequenses of her actions. Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

And this is where we see the REAL point of pro-"life" legislation; anti-sex legislation. Forcing women to take their babies to term is really nothing more than a punishment for sex.

Why do you assume that all women who get abortions have "screwed up" or "made a mistake"? My mother got an abortion on one of her children, AFTER getting married. What if the condom breaks? Is it still a "mistake"?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:38 pm
etchedspirit
divineseraph

I'm not speaking in terms of it being legal or not. I'm saying that it's morally wrong, And yes there have been cases where some guy goes and kills some pregnant lady and they have charged him with 2 accounts of murder/manslaughter whatever you want call it...the government is screwed up anyway.....I suppose it's hopeless

Don't be silly
If you don't like how the government works
change it!  

lordstar

Kralegna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:13 am
Even if you were pregnant from being raped, abortion is still killing a person outright! At the very least give the helpless soul a chance!! It may seem tough on you, but what about baby? Does it have a choice to be born or not? NO! At least give it up for adoption so he/she has a chance to live and choose his/her life! It may be a few months of agony for you, but it may possibly be an eternity in hell for the baby! Can you really truthfully call yourself a Christian if you have an abortion, no matter how you became pregnant?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:51 am
I think life is measured by investment
and with no investment in life one is not or no longer living
there may be a chance for life but until the possible life in question makes its own commitment to life separate from the will of another being it is not alive. Where we start measuring I cannot say.  

lordstar

kaleinh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:20 pm
Kralegna
Even if you were pregnant from being raped, abortion is still killing a person outright! At the very least give the helpless soul a chance!!

A fetus does not have a soul. Please see nephesh.

Quote:
It may seem tough on you, but what about baby?

Fetus.

Quote:
Does it have a choice to be born or not? NO!

As is only right! Before it is born, it is using its host's resources without giving anything back; this is CLEAR exploitation of the host. As such, that host has the express right to remove this parasite, whether or not it can survive outside her body.

Quote:
At least give it up for adoption so he/she has a chance to live and choose his/her life!

In our current times, it is most beneficial to the species to either stop having young or kill off everyone over 50ish; we are using too many resources and the planet can no longer take it, we are becoming too overcrowded and the world politics show it.

Which would you prefer?

Quote:
It may be a few months of agony for you, but it may possibly be an eternity in hell for the baby!

Let's look at this.
If:
Fetus has no soul - Fetus could care less, fetus ends up nowhere and never knows about it.
Fetus has a soul - fetus has not yet sinned, and in addition is below the age of accountability. Ergo, it goes straight to heaven.

Indeed, using logic, we can say that fetii are MORE likely to get to heaven if we abort them.

Quote:
Can you really truthfully call yourself a Christian if you have an abortion, no matter how you became pregnant?

Yup. ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:05 pm
Christians go to hevaen, right? Let's kill all of them so they get to Jesus faster! Yay genocide! Yay God's work!  

divineseraph

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:39 pm
divineseraph
Christians go to hevaen, right? Let's kill all of them so they get to Jesus faster! Yay genocide! Yay God's work!

o_O

Now where did I put the punch mix?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm
divineseraph

I could use a complex system of theology to show that this would be sinful if done on already-born Christians, but instead, I'm going to say:

Okay. ^-^ Have fun with that.  

kaleinh

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:02 am
kaleinh
divineseraph

I could use a complex system of theology to show that this would be sinful if done on already-born Christians, but instead, I'm going to say:

Okay. ^-^ Have fun with that.

The same system goes for feti as well, then.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 am
divineseraph

uh...no

On another note...A fetus is still living whether it is born or not, it's still alive and it's still a life  

missymisa

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:13 pm
etchedspirit
divineseraph

uh...no

On another note...A fetus is still living whether it is born or not, it's still alive and it's still a life

yes but the argument is what to do with a parasite and technically that’s what a fetus is.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff