Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] The Dawn Walker and the Flyer (Tafari x Angaa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:44 pm
User Image

The colorful bird soared through the sky, gliding proudly over the humid desert. Alas, Tafari had found what he was looking for as he spotted a bright blue glimmer from below. The oasis was in sight, he was approaching his destination. He had heard about a clan that reformed itself, the Tuait'tekem lands, also known as the Dawn Walkers. They weren't at the oasis, but he was told that the oasis was a sign to look for when finding the lands.
Tafari swooped down low towards one of the oasis to get a quick drink. He landed down to the ground swiftly, in a smooth gliding motion and stopped promptly at the water hole of the oasis. He dipped his head down, opened his beak slightly and took a small sip of the water. The water was pretty warm, but it was to be expected in these hot desert lands.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:20 pm
Angaa was sure she had spotted something ahead of her, and the female increased her pace and pounced through the sandy grounds. She hadn't gotten fully used to her now grown body, but already she was loving the taller atmosphere and her stronger muscles. Everything wasn't so small anymore, and she was highly proud of that!

After a few more moments of speed running, the female stopped herself at a very peculiar sight. A bird was many feet in front of her, and his coloring was incredibly beautiful. When she was a cub, Angaa had watched the birds fly above her in the sky, but she never had seen one up close! Hopefully she wouldn't startle the creature.. and she inched forward in a respectable manner.

"Goodness, I thought I saw something fall from the sky before! I am glad to see you are alright." The female spoke as she moved herself to the side of the bird, and she smiled delightfully towards his reaction to her.

Tweekend

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:58 pm
Tafari nearly leapt off and flew away as a first reaction of shock, but was able to settle himself down enough to react somewhat cooly. He turned his head to the voice and wasn't sure if he should be delighted or afraid to see a young lioness before him. Hopefully she wouldn't eat him, he hated having to deal with that.

The lioness seemed friendly enough. She even stated that she was glad to see that he was alright. Alright from what? He shrugged, unsure, not understand the lioness's logic. Was she concerned the landing had hurt him? That would be too polite, or naive. He supposed she was young, she did have an excuse.

"I wasn't falling you see, I was landing. Its what we birds do, when, we, you know, stop flying. We land. Not fall," he corrected. "Are you one of those lions, or lionesses shall I say, from that Tuait'tekem lands? The Dawn Walkers, I believe they are called?"

He tilted his head, taking small steps closer to her, both curious and excited to hear what she had to say.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Nodding at the frisky bird's information, Angaa decided not to dwell too much on the logic, and to politely agree with the truth in his statement. She didn't know anything about flying anyways, so if anything, this bird was the expert! "Well, I am glad that your landing was a smooth one." She then added, before kindly nodding to him.

The female then brought herself to a more comfortable stance as she listened to the birds questions, and she felt special for a moment that so many questions were on her!

"I am indeed from these lands, my mother brought my brother and I here not too long ago. I have grown on these sands, and continue to grow as time passes. I really love it here, my mother even thinks I was meant to be born to live here." Her coloring kept her nice and cool under the dreadful heat, and she felt special in her blending coloration. "Is this your first time here? It really is a lovely place once you get used to the heat."

Smiling at the colorful bird, she dug a paw into the sand while pondering her own questions. "And what brings you to this destination, ah.." with a quick stop, she realized she didn't even know his name yet! "My name is Angaa, by the way. What is yours, kind bird?" The situation was a bit weird at first, since she had never conversed with a bird before. But new experiences always brought excitement, and the female was happy to adhere to such!

Tweekend

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:13 pm
"Tafari, my name is Tafari," he said with a gentle nod. "And yes, I'm a first timer to these lands, a bit intrigued to find out all about them. But at the moment, I'm even more intrigued to hear all about you."

The young lioness seemed mature for age, or at least more down-to-earth (perhaps because she was a land creature) than any other child that he had met before. The way she spoke was a more sophisticated language than he had heard from any child before.

"What exactly do you mean when you say that you were 'meant' to live here?" he asked, quite interested in hearing the girl's explanation. Tafari loved hearing new stories about others, knowing information about other creatures. He also loved to talk about others, become involved in their lives as their life stories unfold.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:59 pm
Her ears flicked at his words, and she was utterly confused. Still remaining composed physically, she gently blinked before thinking too much on the bird's words. Why did he want to know about her so badly? Maybe he was a curious fellow??

"It is very nice to meet you, Tafari." she then added, before speaking out more. "But I must ask.. what would you like to know? I really am not that interesting.." If anything, Tafari probably had vast tales, of places he had seen, or other creatures he had run in to. "I am not used to be the center of attention like this."

At his last question, she smiled comfortably. "The sun feels comfortable to me, and when my family was traveling and finding a place to live, no other place felt as wonderful as this. I spend a lot of my time taking care of my brother, and sometimes I feel like the sun gives me good like. It makes me bright and full of energy." With a pause, she glanced back at Tafari's eyes. "What about you? Is there a place you love?"

Tweekend

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:59 pm
"Ah, I see," said Tafari, understanding what Angaa was saying, having been able to relate to her himself. "I feel a similar way about the sky. There is something about flying through the skies that excites me so much. It's exhilarating and thrilling, the feel of independence and power. Its so wonderful."

He paused, thinking she may not relate to him on the thrill of being able to fly. Afterall, she wasn't able to fly. Feeling it was best to change the subject, he continued on.

"Tell me, what makes these lands so special? There is supposedly a lot of culture here that made me intrigued to visit, but I don't know much about the area," he explained. "Perhaps you could explain it to me? Or maybe even show me around?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:27 pm
"I can imagine that flying is a wonderful thing." she then commented, while smiling kindly at the bird. She could never specifically relate, but in her dreams she could fly, and that was realistic enough. "Don't you ever get nervous that you may run into another bird? For some reason.. I find that as frightening!" She giggled lightly at herself, but then brought her eyes back on the bird.

"I am actually still learning myself.. my mother and brother and I are still new to this area. I have only seen some of the other lions, and I hope to meet them soon." For some reason, she was shy when it came to meeting other lions. "But I would be more then happy to show you around! This place is very peaceful and relaxing, and I am sure you will notice that from the atmosphere."

Walking a few steps away from the bird, she signaled that they should start moving towards the left side. "This way leads us back towards where many dwell, so you can see some of the landscape better. We can just.. walk and talk!"

Tweekend

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:14 pm
"I don't have to worry about crashing with another bird usually, unless we are not paying attention. In most cases, we'd be able to fly higher or lower to avoid hitting them," explained Tafari. "And I would love for you to show me around, although I probably would be flying slowly beside you. I'm quite a slow walker."

Tafari began to flutter his wings, lifting his body off the ground as he fluttered in the air beside Angaa.

"Lead on," he said, doing his best to fly in place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:36 pm
Angaa smiled when she noticed the bird now next to her, and she kept her pace swift so that his flight was more manageable. "Its not too far from here, so we should be there in no time. There is a pleasant oasis with lots of palm trees for shade. Some rest in that spot because there is so much shade from the sun, and it is much cooler then open areas." With a light nod, she kept herself moving on the sand, and her paws tickled from its warm feeling.

"So, where do you plan to go after this land? Did you come from anywhere specific?" She was interested to hear if he had a reasoning, or if he was just a traveler. "You are the first traveler I have ever seen, since many are too lazy or afraid to dwell into the desert. That means you must be brave!" She giggled to him lightly before bringing her eyes back on the landscape in front of them.

Tweekend

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:19 pm
"Oh, the shade sounds nice, it is a bit hot out here in the open desert," said Tafari in agreement. He usually didn't get hot unless he stood in one place for too long of a time. When soaring through the skies, the wind flow back against him or with him, creating a nice breeze even under a hot sun.

"Not sure where I will go next, where ever the adventures and the winds bring me. I just love to travel," explained Tafari. "I come from my home, of course. Nowhere well known, a small nest in a tree in the middle of unclaimed territory. My mother used to come home and tell me about great places and had amazing stories to tell. Her words always intrigued me, made me interested in traveling about, finding new places and people in the world, learning my own stories to tell."

"And me? Brave? I'd hardly think so. More interested than brave," he said, laughing a bit through his small beak.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:03 pm
"Follow the wind.." she then commented, with a warm grin. "The wind would be a good game of tag, leading someone on for many miles. I can see why you enjoy its fast moving pace. Unfortunately, we don't get much wind here, unless a storm rolls through. So you may be stuck here for awhile unless you are willed yourself." She giggled to herself, while staring up at the blue sky. "The weather had been so calm lately, that we all hope for some wind these days."

Though.. calm meant peaceful, and no one could complain about that. "Your mother sounds like an interesting storyteller. I love when my mother does such for me, stories always intrigue me to go out and do more." She strived to be like her mother, and beyond. It was a hard but fun goal!

"Ah well, interested.. interesting. Both words work." She then added, with a friendly nod.

Tweekend

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff