Reply The FlyFF Addicts Hideout
Blade > Billposter? NO!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Project Wii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:39 am
Alot of people say that you shouldn't make a Billposter becouse of their damage, and as I can see, it's very high. Not only that, Billposters have done the highest damage. And they can get 100% attack speed, and with stonehand they stun you ALL the time. And when you get to level 80, you get asal.

But the thing is, all this awesomness is completly BULLSHIT people say. They say that the you shouldn't make one and instead make a Blade, becouse Blades do more damage. (No, they don't!) Blades suck at PvP too, it's easy to kill them - Just stun them.

So honestly, WHICH one of those two is the best?

Currently questing Dark Halo & Mythrill Armor.

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:03 pm
bp is better, i'm making a dex bp and it got 41 levels in 4 or 5 days. (btw, my knight owns the crap outa blades higher than it)  

HB Thorburn
Crew

Questionable Prophet

Holden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:03 pm
Asal.

The end.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:05 pm
Bps kill blades. Everyone know's that lol.  

DreamEat3r

ItsElegance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 pm
It really depends on the player; in Aibatt one of the better PVPing blades back before V9 came out was RieFu, and he/she (I'm pretty sure it was a guy playing a girl character) had over 20K HP for sieges. Not only was RieFu able to tank two average Asalraalaikums, but she dealt damage back fast enough that she was able to kill the BPs attacking her. A properly built blade can withstand a full action slot of Sonic Hands and a follow-up Asal so long as the player is smart. Otherwise, yes, the BP would win.

Before V9, blades had a considerable advantage against BPs, what with death crit along with the Angels Axes and 90 set. Since V9 got rid of knockbacks and the like, yes, BPs now have a tremendous advantage over blades, but go up against a decent PVPer and not everything is so clear cut.

As for BPs dealing high damage, that isn't particularly true as they get into the 1XX levels. In fact, even if they used a full STR build for leveling, they'd take forever to kill a single Popcrank while a similarly built blade will plow through a few Pops in that same time span.

A BP hitting over 2xxK on a mob may be the highest damage compared to what other classes are capable of, but mind you, the people who do such damage also build for it, meaning they buy the best statted gears and restat their builds to include INT or use Intirets. These are not LEVELING builds, moreover, you won't see a BP running up and casting Asal on every mob just to level; the MP cost and cooldown is ridiculous.

Do blades do more damage in PVE? Yes. Go look at any 90+ blade and see for yourself. Blades (and Jesters lol) are able to solo CW at 9X if they have a knight providing pain dealer. BPs cannot (having the highest DPS means nothing if you're dealing out only moderate damage; blades have high DPS AND deal trememdous damage). Since I haven't dueled any blades since V9 came out, I won't make any comments about PVP just yet, but it'd be foolish to underestimate them.

Finally, it seems a majority of your post is very BP-centric; from 7-8X, BPs start to realize their true potential in terms of power, but from 1XX and on, their power diminishes when compared to other classes. There's no shame in having pride in a particular class. I LOVE my BP; I spent countless hours leveling it and a significant amount of money (both real and virtual) to perfect my build and get the best possible gears. However, to put down another class just to promote your own is being extremely short-sighted and somewhat ignorant as blades have only gotten better since V6(ish).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:38 am
*ribbit* Serously *ribbit*. Forget blades and BPs *ribbit*. Noone deals more damage then FS RM! *ribbit*  

Vinrenn

Project Wii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:52 am
ItsElegance
It really depends on the player; in Aibatt one of the better PVPing blades back before V9 came out was RieFu, and he/she (I'm pretty sure it was a guy playing a girl character) had over 20K HP for sieges. Not only was RieFu able to tank two average Asalraalaikums, but she dealt damage back fast enough that she was able to kill the BPs attacking her. A properly built blade can withstand a full action slot of Sonic Hands and a follow-up Asal so long as the player is smart. Otherwise, yes, the BP would win.

Before V9, blades had a considerable advantage against BPs, what with death crit along with the Angels Axes and 90 set. Since V9 got rid of knockbacks and the like, yes, BPs now have a tremendous advantage over blades, but go up against a decent PVPer and not everything is so clear cut.

As for BPs dealing high damage, that isn't particularly true as they get into the 1XX levels. In fact, even if they used a full STR build for leveling, they'd take forever to kill a single Popcrank while a similarly built blade will plow through a few Pops in that same time span.

A BP hitting over 2xxK on a mob may be the highest damage compared to what other classes are capable of, but mind you, the people who do such damage also build for it, meaning they buy the best statted gears and restat their builds to include INT or use Intirets. These are not LEVELING builds, moreover, you won't see a BP running up and casting Asal on every mob just to level; the MP cost and cooldown is ridiculous.

Do blades do more damage in PVE? Yes. Go look at any 90+ blade and see for yourself. Blades (and Jesters lol) are able to solo CW at 9X if they have a knight providing pain dealer. BPs cannot (having the highest DPS means nothing if you're dealing out only moderate damage; blades have high DPS AND deal trememdous damage). Since I haven't dueled any blades since V9 came out, I won't make any comments about PVP just yet, but it'd be foolish to underestimate them.

Finally, it seems a majority of your post is very BP-centric; from 7-8X, BPs start to realize their true potential in terms of power, but from 1XX and on, their power diminishes when compared to other classes. There's no shame in having pride in a particular class. I LOVE my BP; I spent countless hours leveling it and a significant amount of money (both real and virtual) to perfect my build and get the best possible gears. However, to put down another class just to promote your own is being extremely short-sighted and somewhat ignorant as blades have only gotten better since V6(ish).

No, Blades was still the worst ones at PvP even in v7.

And this too, no. BP's do little more damage, believe this.

Once again, no.

The only thing that makes blades worth to make is that they don't need to buff yourself all the time.

Currently questing Oculus Magica.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:20 pm
There's no reason to believe you since you've provided little information in the way of proving your statements. Just take a look at a video posted on Flyffworld:

http://flyffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64136

Without HC or upcuts, that blade is hitting anywhere from 4K+ to 6K+ on Captain Glaphans. No matter what you say, a level 94 BP with similar equipments and RM buffs would only hit around 3K+ to 4K+.  

ItsElegance

Edgar Polanski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:29 pm
ItsElegance
There's no reason to believe you since you've provided little information in the way of proving your statements. Just take a look at a video posted on Flyffworld:

http://flyffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64136

Without HC or upcuts, that blade is hitting anywhere from 4K+ to 6K+ on Captain Glaphans. No matter what you say, a level 94 BP with similar equipments and RM buffs would only hit around 3K+ to 4K+.

PWND. I think ItsElegance won the debate.
Idc which class is better. Just shut up and play the goddamn game.
I like my knight, but I got a blade too, and I'm making a BP.
Why? BECAUSE ITS FUN.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:01 am
Agree. There are alot of factors to tell of which of the two is better.

Each classes have their pros and cons and i believe that you already know as you level up your characters.

Though im Bp its cool to see a 105+ Blade doing 7K crits at a very high speed biggrin  

JohnEisenhauer

Vinrenn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:23 am
One question about blades. Does the damage of the two weapons get added? Or does each one cause it's own damage? Or is the offhand weapon only 50% damage of the main hand?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:34 am
Vinrenn
One question about blades. Does the damage of the two weapons get added? Or does each one cause it's own damage? Or is the offhand weapon only 50% damage of the main hand?

Since I've only been able to experiment with blades, it's somewhat a combination of damage being added and each weapon striking on its own. The attack pattern of blades involve striking with one hand first, then both hands, then one hand again, so for example, if you reference the link I posted, you see that blade hitting around 4XXX, then followed up by a much higher damage ranging anywhere from 5-6XXX (non-critical) the next hit, then the damage drops down again. So, I guess to answer your question, yes, the damage of the weapons gets added together, but during the melee motion where the blade uses both hands to attack.  

ItsElegance

Kaisuo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:38 am
Depends what level bracket really.
Bps have always been the best at PvP (PVP =/= SIEGE)

And yes blades are an excellent siege class, both are quite good at pvp.
Bps do not do more damage, nor do they kill faster than blades.
And Sepios had over 35k hp in siege (Blade), and no bp could take him out with one asal.

Bps are extremely powerful, and better than blades at pvp but do not deal out more damage pvm nor PvP wise - A bp can hit 30k asals once every 15 seconds whereas a blade can chain together numerous 8k+ crits.

Bps do not hit 50k crits without h/c like a blade does, lol.
You obviously have no idea what the ******** you're talking about.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:36 am
ItsElegance
Vinrenn

Since I've only been able to experiment with blades, it's somewhat a combination of damage being added and each weapon striking on its own. The attack pattern of blades involve striking with one hand first, then both hands, then one hand again, so for example, if you reference the link I posted, you see that blade hitting around 4XXX, then followed up by a much higher damage ranging anywhere from 5-6XXX (non-critical) the next hit, then the damage drops down again. So, I guess to answer your question, yes, the damage of the weapons gets added together, but during the melee motion where the blade uses both hands to attack.
*ribbit*

Thx 4 the info. Do you have a similar vid of a BP around lv94? I would like to see a BP in the same pvm situation (leveling at glaphs). But i think he would do around 3-4k dmg without crit and HC, with similar equipment? *ribbit*

Vinrenn

ItsElegance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:54 pm
Vinrenn
ItsElegance
Vinrenn

*ribbit*

Thx 4 the info. Do you have a similar vid of a BP around lv94? I would like to see a BP in the same pvm situation (leveling at glaphs). But i think he would do around 3-4k dmg without crit and HC, with similar equipment? *ribbit*

Sorry, I don't. Keep in mind however, the figures I provided in my example may not be spot on...

Assuming that the BP had the exact same equipments that the Blade had in the video, you still have to factor in the damage dealt by the 2nd highly refined fire Angels Axe. If you look closely at the video, the aura produced by the weapons is amber in color, indicating that the weapons are +9 or 10. The amount of fire surrounding the blades indicate the element refinement is at least +8. Also, since the blade is 94 and Captain Glaphans are 104, you have to factor in damage reduction due to level difference as well. So if the BP is in the same situation, my guess is that 3 to 4K damage would actually be along the higher end of the damage spectrum.  
The FlyFF Addicts Hideout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games