Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:01 pm
User Image

Dusk was approaching, and the crippling heat of the day was finally melting away. Dark paws traveled across the cooling sand, a male lion that had been on his journey for days. Where was he going? He didn't quite know. A rogue, with no real place to call home. However, something further out in the dunes seemed to call to him. A strange feeling, an urge to move toward it. Soon, he hoped, he would reach his destination. Wherever that might be.

"Walk faster, Sphinx." A voice chirped, from the raptor perched upon the lion's mane just at the base of his neck. "I'm hungry, and we need to find something to drink."

"Then go look for some..." Sphinx groaned, casting a glare toward the bird from the corner of his eye. "I could use the break from your persistent complaining." He turned his attention forward once more, squinting against what sunlight remained. He was thirsty, too. As much as he hated to admit that his companion was right, they needed to find water soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:28 am
User Image

Woow, what an interesting turn. First, Ziwa has found herself within a huge family, of 17, including her. Then she'd ran off and was on her own, and then.. she was being taken in by a lioness. And that lioness was headed to where her pridelands would be with their group. And vultures! ooh the vultures.

However, now what she saw wasn't a vulture. The pup slid down the dunes she was slowly growing used t. It was a liooon. Wait! That might be a vulture. There, on his back. Wait! What if the vulture was attacking the lion?! "HEY MISTER! I'LL SAVE YOU. " The pup shouted somewhere from behind the lion, then charged over, looking alarmed. "There'savultureonyourbackandtheirnotniceand--! " She paused, skidding to a halt a few feet away and stared at the bird. "Heey. You're not a vulture! Vultures are ugly. " She made a distastefull face, sticking her tongue out slightly.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:52 am
Sphinx's thoughts of sustenance were suddenly interrupted by someone shouting close by. Startled, seeing as everything around him had been silent, and he'd assumed uninhabited, he quickly wheeled around to see just who it was.

Horus, on the other hand, quickly flapped from his perch and rose several feet into the air. "What's going on!?" He shouted, once he was sure he was out of striking range.

"Relax, it's just a little pup." Sphinx snapped, lowering his head a bit as she approached as though trying to meet her level. Head tilted to one side slightly. What on earth was a young one doing out in the desert alone? Were they closer to some area of civilization than they had thought? The lion stared at Ziwa as she chattered on, looking up to Horus once the small creature had finished speaking. He gave the bird a smirk, "She thought you were a vulture, Horus."

Horus seemed only to capture the last words of the pup, and as he reclaimed his perch on Sphinx's back he stuck his beak in the air and puffed out his chest. "At least she realized her mistake, once she got glimpse of my beauty."

Rolling his eyes, Sphinx returned his attention to Ziwa, leaning closer and lowering his voice as he spoke to her. "Don't be fooled, he can be just as annoying as a vulture at times."

"I heard that!" The bird squawked, fluttering his wings irritably.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:01 am
Ziwa tilted her head, slightly confused. What were they arguing about? Ooh. Maybe this guy wasn't a vulture. Maybe he was.. "A spy! " She gasped, perking her ears in surprise. "Are you a spy for the vultures? " She demanded, after Sphinx saing he could be like a vulture sometimes. "If you are, I'm telling miss Johari! " She said loudly, folding he ears back. "You do look better than vultures, tho. " She'd give him that, though still looking slightly suspicious.

However, now she looked at the lion. "Is he a spy? " Yup. Like the bird couldn't hear her. But waaait. This bird was one of those birdies that hunted. Why would a hunting bird team up with ugly, stinky scavengers like vultures? "Ooh. I get it. " She said quickly, putting a paw on her chin and pondering. "Nevermind, "

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:11 am
"I am not a spy!" Horus proclaimed, beating his wings in the air angrily. "I wouldn't be helping any vultures!" He reached out to snatch one of Sphinx's ears in his beak.

The lion flinched, and pawed at his ear to shoo Horus away. "Hey!" He growled, "What're you biting me for!?" With his question, Sphinx flopped over into the sand, rolling over to force the bird to take to the sky. "Get off!"

"You started it!" He yelled, circling over them quickly before landing next to one of Sphinx's massive forepaws.

"Stupid bird." Sphinx grunted, ears pressed back against his skull. "I'd eat him, but I'm sure he'd give me indigestion."

Horus huffed, fluffing out his feathers, he knew Sphinx was lying.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:18 am
She blinked her red-brown eyes at the little display. That was a silly bird, bighting a lion. She laughed a bit at Sphinx's comment though. She looked up at the bird for a bit, then decided it'd be best to ask the lion. Mr. Birdie might wanna calm down a bit first.

"What're ya doing out here? s'not safe. Well. If you go too much further, " She said, folding her ears back. "Because of the vultures. They're mean. " She sneered slightly, looking around as if their name had some taboo and they'd come if she said it. "I'm Ziwa! " She announced, wagging her tail. "And birdie is Horus? "

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 am
Johari had been a little concerned when Ziwa disappeared from her sights, but knowing it would be easy to spot the young one amidst the sea of golden sands she didn't waste time fretting over it, and set out to find her quickly.

Her paws carried her across the sands, having grown accustomed to the shifting steps rather quickly after living in an area where one always had to be careful and light footed when navigating the heavily vegetated parts. There was grace there in her stride, though it was quick and with purpose. Surely in a few weeks that grace would make way for awkwardness when the cubs began to grow heavy.

She followed the scent, pausing as she crested a dune, spotting the pup in the distance as well as her still fresh tracks. She was talking to a lion and bird, both seeming harmless enough, maybe some members Kainda managed to find on her journey?

The queen-cat was careful in her steps as she made her way down the dune, towards the two and the adopted pup.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:41 am
Lifting himself to his feet, Sphinx gave a light shake to free his fur of any remaining sand. To the pup's question of their presence, he had no answer. Luckily, she'd continued and he could avoid answering. He hoped, anyway. Nothing would make him feel any more foolish than to tell a child he was basically wandering lost in the desert looking for a place that may or may not exist, let alone not know what even that was if it were out there. Sphinx followed her gaze as she looked about for possible vulture eavesdroppers, but the skies were clear. Aside from the brightening stars, of course. Then, the young one introduced herself, and Sphinx gave a nod in reply. "Ziwa." He repeated. "Yes, and I am Sphinx."

Then, he caught sight of movement from where the pup had come. Ears perked, Sphinx lifted his head to examine the creature in the distance. A lioness. He slowly grew tense as she approached, unsure on if he'd stepped into a hostile pride's territory. That, he knew, would not be something he'd have wanted to do. He cast a glance down to the young Ziwa, an air of concern unable to be hidden in his voice. "One you know?"

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:49 am
"Hi Sphinx! " She wagged her tail, then blinked as he seemed to look at something. "Hey, I'm over.. " She paused, shutting up as the lion spoke, then tilted her head at first. What was he talking about? The pup turned around, soon too recognizing a moving shape. "Yea!! " She exclaimed, perking her ears.

Had Johari seen them yet? Well, no time to make sure. "JOHARI! LOOK! I FOUND A LION! " She shouted, standing slightly on her hind paws and waving with her front ones, juust in case Johari hadn't seen them yet. But with Johari's presence, Ziwa seemed to remember something, and turned her head to look back at Sphinx. "Johari and Muroki and the others are trying to get rid of the vultures. "

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:58 am
Well that eliminated the question of weather or not Ziwa was in any trouble. Johari didn't slow down until a yard away, at which point she strolled to a stop beside the pup, leaning down to place a lick on the back of her head in approval.

"Thank you, Ziwa, but you shouldn't wander off like that this close to dark. I was worried you might be lost." She gently corrected, then looked to the strangers with discreet apology. "Good evening... I'm Johari, of the Dawn Walkers. Have you come in search of something or someone, and might I have your names...?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:56 pm
Well, that was a relief. Sphinx gave a deep sigh, relaxing as he discovered that this was apparently a friend of Ziwa's. As the young one turned her attention back to him, his head inclined to one side gently as he leaned down toward her level to hear. "I see..." He replied quietly, rising again once the lioness had reached them. When Johari had offered her introduction, Sphinx lowered his head briefly in a nod. "Sphinx, and Horus." He said, gesturing toward the bird with a paw.

"Dawn Walkers?" Horus chirped, peering up to Johari curiously. "Never heard of them before." Not that he knew of all of the prides to begin with, but he could certainly pretend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:48 am
Ugh, why did she always have to do that? With a grumpy snort, Ziwa pulled away and batted at her forehead repeatedly until convinced the 'lion-drool' was off. This left her fur rather messy but hey! It fit her. "The spy does not know what we are! " She said in amusement, though she didn't really think Horus was a spy anymore. It was just fun to call him that.

"So, what're ya doing here? " She said loudly, imitating a 'authority' voice, though she wasn't really high posted. She just liked to pretend she was.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:31 am
Sphinx and Horus was it? Johari didn't know much about the naming traditions of the Egyptians, but the two actually rather sounded as if they belonged here. She couldn't help the thought.

"We're a forgotten pride, I suppose. We've come back to revive and reclaim it, Muroki and a group of our friends, at least some of the others are of the old blood. We're hoping to recreate it with both old and new."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 pm
"I'm not a spy! How many times must I tell you!?" Horus squawked angrily, fluffed out in annoyance. Such rudeness, and here he thought Sphinx was the only one that was ignorant of the respect this avian demanded.

Sphinx had sat back into the sand, observing the trio, Horus gaining a sharp glare in result to his shouting. The bird fell silent again, preening his feathers irritably just for something to do. Then, Ziwa asked that question again. He figured that ignoring the question twice in a row would be nearly impossible, so he offered an answer.

"I can't explain it..." He started, "It feels like something pulling me this way. We've been traveling for a long while..." Had it been days ago? Weeks? Sphinx wasn't sure. It had felt an eternity that he'd been wandering alone, without another mammal's company, even before they had begun their journey. "I've been following the setting sun, in hopes of being guided... To wherever it is I'm expected to be." As he grew silent, he turned his gaze to Johari. A curiosity sparked in him. Could it be this pride? Was he destined to finally find a land to call home? The question lingered on his tongue for several moments, as he fought with himself over the idea of asking such a thing. "May... May we come with you?" He studied Johari for a reaction, perhaps for an unspoken answer. Inwardly, he was afraid of being rejected, but he did his best not to show it.

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am
"Spy is your nickname now! " Ziwa said defensively, though this was an idea she'd came up with exactly one second ago. She huffed, looking reproachfully at the bird, before perkind her ears at what Sphinx said. He wanted to come? "Sure! " she piped up, then remembered it wasn't her call, and coughed slightly, folding her ears abck and looking importantly regal, as if she had meant to say that. "Just, okay it with Johari first, " The pup waved her paw matter-of-factly at the lioness, eyes closed to highlight her awesome formal look for the moment, before she grinned meekly again.

She found a lioon~! And the lion could help with the vulture problem Johari had talked 'bout!

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff