Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
I have found the english dub.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chessbless

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:38 am
yes, yes, I know I'm supossed to post in the anime section but I just wanted this to gain a attantion.

[links removed by admin]

Light's voice: Meh
Ryuk's voice: Thumbs up!!!

[Edit by RionaDaidouji: Please don't post links to streaming and/or downloading sites for the Death Note anime or manga]  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:49 am
I found the dub on the Adult Swim website last night. Pretty good.  

Marijeinu

Orange Noise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:32 pm
I like it, the voice actors all seem pretty good. The only problem I saw was that the attempts to synch up the voices with the lip synching resulted in a lot of awkward pauses or meaningless lines. Overall, not a bad dub, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:39 pm
Sicilian Dragon
I like it, the voice actors all seem pretty good. The only problem I saw was that the attempts to synch up the voices with the lip synching resulted in a lot of awkward pauses or meaningless lines. Overall, not a bad dub, though.

Yeah, you get that with most dubs.
It didn't seem as bad for this one, though.

Marijeinu

lildemisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:39 am
from ep. one it seems pretty good....BUT the jury is still out....we ahve yet to hear L and Misa. lol....but i really like Raito's....lights....voice. he sounds a lil bit too old but i would rather him sound too old then too young.

so as long as they dont mess up L and Misa...i'd call it a sucsses...sorry if i spelled anything wrong it's like 4 am  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:50 am
That wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. :3 I quite like Ryuk's voice, and his laugh is pretty damn good. xD

Light's is okay but it sounds really lame sometimes. Like when he said 'Death note? Like a notebook of death?' I laughed. xDD He needs to work on his maniacal laugh, too. His mum sounded like 19, though. o_O;

caffeine add!ction

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:05 am
Light was okay, but I got used to his voice. He needs to work on his evil voice, but it's probably awkward to be the English dub of a kid with a god complex. I think as the series progresses he'll get better.
Ryuk...not great, but I loved when he said "Juicy." And his laugh was alright.

Lildemisa is right, we haven't heard L's or Misa's voice yet, so nothing's permanent right now. I actually think Light sounded young, but it's better than the trailer voice.

So, for now, I think Viz did a decent job.

[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games