Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salburg Cathedral - The Official Gust Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Atelier, Ar tonelico, Mana Khemia & Gust Games Guild 

Tags: Atelier, Ar tonelico, Mana Khemia, Gust, alchemist 

Reply Salburg Cathedral - The Official Atelier and Ar tonelico Guild
Nell's Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gore Magala

Eternal Abomination

14,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:50 pm
My sister moved back in with me and my mother the other day and brought her 360. I think I need a Fable 2 intervention now. ;x  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm
I haven't played Fable, but I've seen a lot of banners advertising it on places like GameSpot.
What's it like?  

Palsa-San
Crew

Gore Magala

Eternal Abomination

14,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:02 pm
It's one of those action RPGs. It's pretty funny at times. They did some fine tuning on the fighting from the first one, much smoother. It's pretty unique in a few aspects, but it's the same as most others. Take and finish missions, get new equipment, that sort of thing. It's a ton of fun though. The whole Good/Evil thing does kind of hinder me from time to time. Sometimes you just want to slap the Town Crier when he keeps following you. =x

I'm not really good at describing gameplay though. XD I probably should be, as many games as I've played though my life, but sadly, I'm not.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:31 pm
My computer just got hit with a virus.
It's the kind that disables all of your firewalls and doesn't allow you to run virus removal software.
I managed to run the virus removal software while in 'Safe Mode' and it removed the threat.
However, my computer is still not working right.
When I try to launch AVG it tells me that it's not a Microsoft Win32 compatible application, or something like that.
I've somehow managed to get Windows Firewall back, but it hasn't helped.
As for internet, my computer can no longer read the wireless hardware, and I've tried refreshing it by unplugging it for 20 seconds, still doesn't work.
The other problem is the fact that it corrupted my restore points, so I'm stuck with it this way.
Everything else seems to be in working order, and all of my graphics, audio, games, text documents, etc. are located on a hard drive, so everything there seems to be fine.
But I wont be able to upload or download much for awhile, since I'll have to use a flash drive and the family computer.
I hate it, I can barely afford Cross Edge, and this sort of thing happens.
I'll probably have to get another computer, in the meantime, I'll try to logon when I can.

Also, I wont be able to make any guild ID's for the time being.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 am
Oh my goodness. >__<;

I'm very fortunate to avoid any massive viral attacks (and related attackers), but getting hit by one brutally hurts (yours in particular looks pretty rough and tough). >__O;;

I remember helping a family member fix their system too and it was a hassle as the free (I'm grateful though! I'm not sure if I'd want to do real manual removal anymore haha..) removal software took quite a bit of time.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:28 pm
That's true, and I hope you don't have to.

Ok, here's a brief update on my situation.
I eradicated the worm in Safe Mode using Microsoft's virus removal tool from the dreaded 'April 1st' virus preparation.
After restarting my computer in normal mode, I found that my wireless driver would no longer read a connection, I managed to fix this by modifying my systems registry, so I can now use the internet once again. ^_^
Daemon Tools was also corrupted, I reinstalled it, and it is now working again.
Windows Firewall and Windows Defender were not working, I managed to fix them.
As for AVG, when I tried to run the application, I received the following message: "is not a valid Win32 application".
I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall, failed.
I redownloaded it online, installation failed.
So I decided to try Avast out, I haven't restarted yet, but I get the same error message.
Basically, everything is back in functioning order, but I'm still working on the antivirus problem.

So the ID card requests are back in order. ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:01 am
That's great progress~! =D
I'm happy to hear that you're back in working order!

I hope you can find a workable solution to your antivirus problem though.. that's pretty essential protection for a PC. ^^;

So you were inflicted with the over-hyped (but still dangerous) April 1st worm then? :O Do you have a idea where the worm started infiltrating your system from?  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:45 pm
Asashikka
That's great progress~! =D
I'm happy to hear that you're back in working order!

I hope you can find a workable solution to your antivirus problem though.. that's pretty essential protection for a PC. ^^;

So you were inflicted with the over-hyped (but still dangerous) April 1st worm then? :O Do you have a idea where the worm started infiltrating your system from?

No, not the April 1st worm, I used the software I got to prepare against the April 1st worm.
But my computer is still infected, so I'll have to erase her OS and start from scratch.
Fortunately, I have everything on an external hard drive.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:43 pm
Ah, I see~ at least that little preventive measure you prepared earlier eased the pain a bit. ^^;

I should invest in a external hard drive someday.. storing many things on my video ipod won't always come and save me if I ended up facing a crisis haha.

What is your computer's name again? ='D  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:59 pm
RIE.
Though her full name is very. . . long.

My old CTX PC had around 4 GB. my old HP computer had 25 GB. My current computer has 250 GB. my external hard drive has 500 GB.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:12 am
That's a big jump from the HP to your current computer~!

My oldest computer only had 3GB (it was a hand-me-down) and thanks to my tinkering, I evidently murdered that one. XD; the OS wouldn't load properly and the wallpaper froze upon loading haha ;;.

The second one had a improvement: 13GB (another hand-me-down). Despite that, I still made pretty nice pictures. Eventually, four years ago (?), I finally got a new PC (that is not a hand-me-down) with 180GB, I believe.

Currently, I'm using a laptop I got a year ago~ I miss my desktop PC though (it's still here, just used by my sister now), it was soo much faster. =|
Vista is pretty slow on my laptop, so I'm not entirely satisfied with normal usage overall. I'm waiting for Windows 7 to come out along with people's testimonials on whether I should upgrade or not.

As for names.. I forgot the name I've given to my laptop. ^^;
I should check again... and probably give it a lengthy name as well if the current name is not what I'm thinking it is.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:40 pm
Vista has some nice features, but it can also be a real nuisance.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:43 am
For productivity's sake, Vista is hindering much of my regular functions. XD;

Some functions just load far too slow than XP. Sure, the security is stronger, but the speed took a toll. ;__;  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 pm
User Account Control is an utter joke.
It wont even allow you to save a text file, because after all, 'You' might be a possible threat. burning_eyes
You have to disable it in order to do anything on your computer.
The slowness is usually caused by the Windows Aero theme.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 am
The Windows Aero theme doesn't seem to strain my resources than the new infrastructure of Vista. =| Aeros is mostly dependent on graphics card anyway (but might consider turning if off for MMORPGS).

UAC is a huge annoyance as well! Even on notepad? Wow.
For me, it was my applications, many which are free or re-installed.

I turned it off completely because it hinders all of my daily activities. =  
Salburg Cathedral - The Official Atelier and Ar tonelico Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games