NO!
View Results

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:54 pm
How many of you vote in the arena?
Now how many of you vote on how the avi actually looks for what it is trying to be?
Now how many of you just vote on price.
If you think that it is just not right to vote on price and actually on the way it looks then post here, i have seen many people bring price into the arena and it is for looks not price is it not?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:14 pm
I vote in the arena.

If the avatar is a cosplay off something else then I just look at the avatar itself and not at the items or its value.

But if the avatar is has a color theme or a "just me" submission then I tend to bring in what items it has and if those items are just your everyday or more valuable sort.

[+Tear+Glasses+]

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:09 pm
yet again it is value and it should just be looks not value  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:42 pm
I vote in the arena, I am in the arena now. domokun

i agree... if they say "just me" or "my avi," we should respect them because that is their avi. after all.  

bchan03

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:04 pm
the price of an avi plays a HUGE role in what it looks like whether or not you agree . . . if it's got a low price odds are it's a very common look since most people can have it, as the price goes up on the avi so does the rarity . . . since the more expensive items are harder to get . . . although it is possible to have a "cheap" avi that is capable of standing a great chance in the arena it is rare . . . it is more common for those with a lot of gold to win due to the fact they can make an avi that is completely unique which is what typically wins . . . and even in the real world the more unique an item the more expensive . . .

think of it this way some one enters a car competion has a civic with a body kit rims and paint job, in that same competion someone else enters a completely restored rebuilt 67 mustang, custom interior rims paint job etc. which would win . . . the civic may look great however the greater priced one (which also is the one that has more than likely been built to a higher standard) is the one that will attract more attention and in the end win . . .

is it fair? no. however in the real world the competition would be seperated into categories allowing more even competition (the civic and mustang would more than likely never be competition to each other). . . here it is not so, it's not truly fair, but the best is still intended to win . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:50 pm
Thank you you see my point  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:05 pm
you just have to learn to deal with it . . . car enthusiasts know many cars that are more often used as a status icon such as lambos, bugatti veyron, bentley gt, etc. however they are built to a degree that far exceeds the normal car they were meant to run and hard . . . but very few of those cars well ever truly know it's limits due to it being a status icon . . . the angelic sash, nm scarf, angelic halo, ninja headband even . . . are all very useful items when used correctly but most of the time it's a status icon . . . it's sad to see these very well made items and cars basically go to waste as a status symbol . . . but it well often be the case . . . and most people will praise it due to the value . . . while some will be saddened by it's misuse . . . you simply have to learn to deal with it . . . and deal with the fact those items will quite often help win contests just because people praise it . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm
yawns  

Jade link

Astarte Dindel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:49 pm
I vote when I'm bored, if it's a cosplay I usually skip it because I don't know many mangas or animes. But I'm purely for the look of it, you can make cheap stuff look good! And, that takes more skill than making the expensive stuff look good cause it just does.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:14 pm
How many of you vote in the arena? not me
Now how many of you vote on how the avi actually looks for what it is trying to be? idk
Now how many of you just vote on price. naw
If you think that it is just not right to vote on price and actually on the way it looks then post here, i have seen many people bring price into the arena and it is for looks not price is it not? its not for price people just what to c if u could make a chacacter for anime and stuff  

aka-alreadydead

10,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Conventioneer 300

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:15 pm

I vote often.
I vote on four things: looks, originality, if it is a joke outfit then how funny/clever it is, and if it is a cosplay how accurate it is comes into play.
Things that I don't put much or any importance on: description, cost, avatar art
I hate the avatars that look like crap and try to win based off a long story or poem in the description or some nicely done avatar art of some artist that had enough skill to make it look decent. The humorous avatars also shouldn't rely on the humor just being in the description and the avatar being made with some visual aftermath look (like a joke about a guy and a monkey and raman may have been funny, but your avatar with a momo and holding raman is not.) A good example of a humorous avatar would be one where the avatar itself is the joke, like the old "ghost in the shell" avatar that won one week a while back.

The only time I factor cost into my vote is on an already bad looking outfit, because an outfit that not only looks like the same old bad slop made of entirely free items or costing less than the entry fee just now not only looks bad, but looks like the person who entered it was being ridiculously lazy too that they spared neither thought nor time for something they then would pay 1k to submit and expect people to vote upon. (The worst ones then have a plea for 10s to win and give them the prize gold for a kiki kitty or halo quest or something in their description.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:18 pm
thank you, more peole are understanding where i am coming from, this gives me hope that the arena can be changed from what it is now to a more fair contest  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

skatebordr99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:19 pm
i submitted once... i thoght it was good..... people said it was terrible  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:30 pm
i understeand that peopl ehave difgferent opinions but should it matter about the price  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kAthEL_15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:55 pm
aREnas?? question  
®

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash