St. Michael's Crusades

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sephiroth030

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:29 pm
St. Micheals Crusades.

In China a school house was full of little christian kids learning about Christ that day. The Empress had ordered every christian who confesses their faith killed. The soldiers bursted into the school house and made the kids line up in a line.. they laid the crusifex that was on the wall, on the ground.
They told the little kids, if they walked on the cross they could go free. This would mean denying their faith, denying Christ, losing everything they once believed in, and walking on Christs broken body. But if they wanted to - they could walk around the cross, and be shot by the soldiers who are at gun point to the little kids. So the first one went, paused, and walked across the cross. Everyone saw the little kid run out of the school, then the next 5 did the same. All the soldiers were laughing as they watched the little children deny their faith, the soldiers laughed at their victory. Then the 6th child was shoved by a soldier to the cross to make her decision. She knelt down, and all the laughter stopped. The soldiers starred on at what was going to happen. Tears were rolling down her cheeks, and she stepped to the side of Jesus' broken body, and walked to the side of him. Little kids screamed as gun shots went off.....

At the end of the day, 101 children laid around the cross of Jesus. 101 confessed there faiths. 101 souls who entered Paradise that day.

101 unnamed children, that must never be forgotten.

They are St. Micheals Crusades  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:05 pm
.... cry I can't think of anything to say.  

Duroonsia

Duroonsia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:14 pm
What is there to say to this?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:56 pm
I'd like to see any sources, because I can't find any wikipedia or google on this topic.  

stopthebanningplease

Tarrou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:25 am
I can't find any supporting documentation for this story either. My guess is that it's a (probably) fictionalized account of Christian persecution during the Boxer Rebellion, which, while real enough, was nowhere near as organized as an imperial decree to kill all professing Christians. The Boxer Rebellion was a peasant-led anti-foreign uprising; Christians were killed simply because they either were foreigners or because they were Chinese who had embraced a 'foreign' religion, not because the Empress Dowager had told them to kill Christians specifically (indeed, Cixi, while going along with the rebellion, was in no way the instigator or leader of the uprising).

And historicity aside, I have trouble with the idea that we should celebrate the deaths of 101 children for any reason, ever. This story is emotionally manipulative in the extreme and more a testament to the sort of bloody-yet-maudlin stories that get passed off as 'inspirational' than to Christian faith.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:49 pm
dang dude chill it's just a story I found, you don't have to get all butt hurt over it  

sephiroth030

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff