[PRV] ...souvenirs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:41 am
As soon as he could, Narindima'moyo sought out his mother to speak with her alone, away from the small pride - and from the new siblings he'd come home to. That was a very weird thing for him to get his head around, having more brothers and sisters all of a sudden! What would his other brothers and sisters, his littermates, think about it? It was delightful, yet slightly overwhelming.

That wasn't why he wanted to speak to his mother, though; he'd left his friend, Angua, waiting for him at the edge of the swamp with Baphomet, and he didn't want to keep them waiting there all day! That would be terribly rude.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:45 am
"Slow down!" Asali laughed, catching up to her son and taking a moment to rub affectionately against him. He was so much bigger than she was now! Somethign to do with his father, no doubt. "Take some pity on your poor old mother, hmm? I chase children enough as it is!"

Her eyes sparkled with merriment, giving her away as a liar. She wasn't old, not at all! Or if she was, she didn't feel it. In a way, she hoped she never would.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:50 am
"Sorry, Mother," Nari rumbled, gently bumping heads with her. His mother wasn't old! She looked just the same as ever, every bit as beautiful as when he'd first opened his eyes and seen her. Though he wasn't quite the momma's boy that Juu was, he knew full well that they had the most wonderful mother in the world.

"It's just that, umm...I made a friend, you see, and she's come with me! And I told her to wait for me, and I don't want to keep her there all day. I want you to meet her! Won't you come with me, please?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:55 am
Oh yes...even with a new name, he was still her Nyoe! So excitable, and always thinking of others. It must have been difficult for him at times, away from his family - he'd probably worried as much as she had!

"Come then and show me to your friend," Asali said with another light laugh. "And tell me about her on the way! And yourself as well - you've been gone for so long. I've missed you, you know."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:05 pm
"Missed me?" Nari teased, "Even with all those new brothers and sisters of mine running around?" He started the walk towards the borders, always keeping one eye on his mother. When had she gotten so small? When had he gotten so big?

"Her name's Angua," He supplied readily, "And she used to be a princess! Of the, umm..." Oh dear! What was that again? "Oh! The Kusini'Mwezi. She has this friend, Baphomet - he's a klipspringer! Isn't that weird? I always thought everyone just ate those!"

"He's really kind of nice, though. He helps her along, because she's blind."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:09 pm
"Former?" the Queen asked curiously. It was certainly something she needed to know! If this 'Angua' had been driven out for some reason, perhaps she wasn't the sort of lioness one would want in their pride. Nyoe - Nari! she reminded herself - obviously liked her, but he always had been a trusting sort.

"Well," she said, "Kikawaida did have that genet who was always hanging around with her. Unusual, but not impossible, I suppose."

So she was blind? Interesting...had she been expelled from her pride on account of her disability? Such traditions did hold in some prides.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:13 pm
"She wanted to explore," he explained, nodding. "They don't send their children out to find their names. I don't think anyone I met did! They all thought I was the weird one."

"Oh!" Mention of Kikawaida brought to mind his childhood friend. "Is Kina here, Mother? Or has she gone out too? I haven't seen her in so long! And I didn't see her mother..."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:19 pm
"Kinamasi has gone," she confirmed, "I sent her not long after I sent all of you. So I suppose soon enough we'll know whether or not she'll be returning to us."

"Ah, Kikawaida..." Asali's paws slowed for a moment as she thought of the lioness who'd mothered Kinamasi. "She has gone, and will not be returning. She and her mate broke the sacred laws, and took the taint of that with them."

"Admirable," she allowed, "But that doesn't correct the wrong. Still, I am glad I wasn't forced to take action against them."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:24 pm
"Oh," Nari said quietly, taking his eyes off his mother for a moment to gaze ahead in thought. She was right, of course, but that didn't make it any less unfortunate. Or any less depressing. Now he really wondered whether or not Kinamasi would return...maybe she'd find her family, and decide to stay with them instead of coming back. It would be a terrible decision to have to make, to choose between home and family.

They spent the rest of the walk in silence, until they neared the outskirts of the swamp, and Nari called out, "Angua! Baph! I'm back, and I've brought my mother, so you can meet her!"

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games