Submit

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 pm
Oh no! Eydis gasped in fear once spotting him.
The Kalona had done something to the stallion! She made him...COLORFUL!
Oh. Right, he had always been that way!

Eydis rushed towards her knight as quickly as she could, her eyes a little wet from all of the rush and intensity she had just been through.

"Quetzal, Quetzal," she said, her voice shaking, slightly panicking. "Are you okay? Tell me you're okay. Did you defeat her? What happened? Did she hurt you? Oh, I've been so worried! Tell me you're okay!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:30 pm
Was she... was she crying?

But she wasn't hurt, or at least, not visible to Quetzal's eye. Perhaps she had just been scared, and that's what provoked the tears on?

"I am fine, all save but my pride, Lady Eydis." he said solemnly. It was time to confess his cowardice. "I did not defeat her, but instead managed to escape her cruel attacks. I am a sorry excuse for a knight."

Hanging his head, he wasn't sure of what else to say. What did one say after failing their purpose, their goal that they strove for?

"But I am very glad to see that both of you are alright." he nodded, finally assured that they were indeed untouched by the evil being that had attacked them.

Paco felt his own ears flatten as he heard the confessions of his mentor. It was unlike Quetz to back down from a battle, but Paco didn't blame him for a minute. He had been brave in simply standing up to that green brute, and Paco'd never hold it against him to have fled when the moment showed itself.

"I think you did mighty fine, all things considering, amigo." He said thoughtfully, nodding his smaller head. "What do you think, Lady Eydis?"

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:37 pm
A 'sorry excuse for a knight'? How ridiculous! Eydis knew that he was far from that!

"You are still a knight in my eyes, and a brave one at that," said Eydis with a smile, her tears fading away. "You're goal was to protect me, was it not? And I am I now safe? I am, you have accomplished your goal. Sure, the dragon may still be alive, but it is not always a knight's mission to kill. Its to protect and make sure that all are safe, and that is exactly what you have accomplished. You are far from a sorry excuse for a knight, you are the best knight I could ever dream of meeting."

Eydis nodded and smiled sweetly as she spoke. She wasn't sure where all those words had come from, but she knew them to be true. Perhaps the most truthful words she had ever stated.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:52 pm
Surprised eyes looked up and met with the gentle eyes of the mare's. Once again, it was hard for him to fathom receiving such kind words from another, when life had thrown both scoffs and slander at Paco and him for so long. True, he'd admit to himself as being a bit.. eccentric, and most of the time Paco was the only one phased by others' words, but Lady Eydis had looked past appearances, past faults, and found the true knight within.

Feeling much better about his actions, the stallion once again puffed out his chest and stood proudly. "You know... you're right, m'Lady. I have completed my task! Oh ho, Paco! We've done it!"

Excited, he stomped one foot on the ground, then winced yet again, remembering his bitten shoulder.

Paco beamed happily towards the female in their troupe, thrilled with what she had to say about his partner. He believed every word, and it excited him to no end to know someone else felt the same way about it. And such eloquent words! Paco knew he himself could never have phrased it so nicely! Such a scary incident had turned out splendidly in the end!  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:30 pm
For a moment she celebrated, but she couldn't help but feel distracted.

"Are you all right?" she asked, noticing him wincing from stomping his hoof. "Did the Kalona injure you?"

Quetzal seemed to be okay, she hoped that any injury he had would be a minor battle wound and nothing that isn't recoverable! She would hate to see Quetzal be in pain from throwing himself to save her. She knew it was a knight's duty, but she wouldn't be able to resist the feeling of guilt that would be brought to her!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:08 pm
He nodded, then gestured to his shoulder. "Tis only a flesh wound, m'Lady." He said, very matter-of-factly. "I would have been far worse off had you or Paco been injured... or worse. A knight is expendable, while a Lady and his Squire are not."

He tried to put on a smile and ignore the annoying pain in his shoulder. In time, it would indeed go away. It just stung like a brute now since it was so fresh. "I think it's far time we got you back to your resting place, Lady Eydis... this was far more of an adventure I think ANY of us were expecting!"

Paco nodded, still remaining quiet. It wasn't his place to interrupt their conversation, though when Quetz brought up the subject of returning Eydis back to her home, he couldn't help but feel a wave of sadness come over him. Although they had only been together for such a short time, Paco had grown attached to the sweet mare who seemed to dote on him like no one else had. Perhaps they could go on more grand adventures later on, if this one hadn't scared Lady Eydis too terribly.  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:25 pm
"I'm very glad that we were able to have this adventure," said Eydis with a smile, pushing aside her worries for Quetzal's small injury. She paused for a moment, she didn't want her time with the two to end so soon. "I could only hope that we could meet again to go on more adventures with you."

"I could show you back to my home, but its nothing all that exciting, nothing exciting at all really. Although I do live near to the beach, its very beautiful out there. I could listen to the waves hit against the shore, its such a beautiful area," she said. "Would you like it if I showed you?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:36 pm
Bowing slightly, he nodded his head.

"I'd be honored to follow you to the ends of the earth, m'Lady. A knight's duty is never over until the Lady is satisfied."

He had never been to the beaches in this land before. Hopefully they wouldn't be filled with sea serpents and the like... the trio had had their fill of monsters for that day and didn't need the assistance of any more. "Just lead the way, and my little amigo and I shall be more than happy to follow. Right, Paco?"

"Right, Quetz!" the short buffalo happily answered. He was glad things weren't coming to an end just yet. More time with new friends was always a good thing, a good thing indeed.

Straightening himself up, the stout creature readjusted his pancho and sombrero, and was ready for the trip.

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:49 am
"I'll lead the way then. Its over by where the land meets with the water," she said, not realizing how obvious her statement was. "Its really nice there. There's the water, and the sand and the skies all in one. A beautiful view. The beach is actually the place where I arrived to these lands, its my home."

Eydis began traveling in the direction. She didn't want to depart from Quetzal and Paco, she wanted to make their adventure last, an ongoing adventure together. Perhaps if she walked slowly she would be able to make for more time with them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:30 pm
He nodded, listening to her directions. He himself never traveled near the waters often, but wasn't exactly against it, either. Swimming was not his specialty, but where the Lady Eydis directed them, he would follow.

"And there are no serpents, no monsters... no evil beings that lurk around the salty sea?" he asked, curious. He'd heard stories as a colt about water dragons and beasts of the sea, so imagining them existing in real life was not far-fetched for this particular stallion.

Paco happily clomped along, listening to the two Soquili speak to one another. He was content to being a listener, as he always had been, and it was especially more interesting this time around now that there was a second voice in the conversation, and not just Quetzal's monologue. He liked the beach, feeling the sand under his hooves, the salty breeze in his face. He couldn't wait!  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:56 pm
"Sea monsters?" she asked back. She knew exactly what he was talking about, but she didn't want to confirm his beliefs. After all, there were Kelpis and MerSoquili in the ocean! She didn't want to make him worried about her safety, but lying wasn't right either...was it? "No sea monsters. I mean yes. Yes sea monsters. But no not really! Just sea animals! Like Kelpis! They're harmless! Usually. Sea monsters? Noooooo.....yes."

Eydis stopped herself before she dug herself too deep in a hole of contradicting confusion. She hoped that Quetzal wouldn't have a problem going to the beach still, even though there are Kelpies out there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:03 pm
Eyes widening, he stopped in his trot, staring at the flowered mare.

"Kelpi....? What are Kelpi?"

They didn't sound like ferocious creatures, but then again.... looks could be deceiving, as Quetzal had learned over his years of traveling. If it involved danger, he wasn't scared of them. Just cautious, as a knight very well should be!

Unintentionally mimicking his comrade, the tiny buffalo's eyes widened at the mention of sea monsters. He had accounted Quetzal's chatter towards his over-active imagination, but never for once really thought they existed! Oh, no.... would their plans of the beach be RUINED?  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:24 pm
"Kelpi? Kelpi are...these uh, Soquili that are in the water and stuff," said Eydis. She wasn't too srue how to describe them. She didn't know any Kelpi really well. She couldn't remember any real communication with them. "I don't know much about them. I don't think they are evil. They are pretty though, I've seen a few over them swim in the ocean at night."

An idea came to her. If the Kelpis weren't evil...

"Maybe we could find one!?" suggested Eydis, filled with excitement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Biting his lip, Quetzal mused over that mental image. A Soquili that lived under the water? But how did they survive, without anything to breathe? Or did they breathe water, just as he and Eydis breathed the air around them?

"These Kelpi sound... adventurous." he concluded, his mind racing. Sure, they'd just survived a near-death experience, but who said adventures couldn't be strung together, one right after the other? "I say we go find ourselves a Kelpi and INVESTIGATE!"

Paco was more hesitant than his colorful friend, and couldn't even begin to imagine what or why a horse would live under the water when it was perfectly sensible and logical to live on land. He opened his mouth to interject a protest, but quickly found himself closing it, as Quetzal had resolved for the group to continue on. Sometimes, it just wasn't worth trying to make a point to the stubborn stallion.  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:36 pm
"Oh! An investigation! This is going to be fun!" said Eydis, suddenly filled with excitement. She rushed around in a tiny circle of joy and happiness, she couldn't wait to meet a Kelpi! They'd have to be very lucky to meet one - but Eydis felt lucky already today. In just one day she had made two great new friends, an attractive knight who and his sidekick, both of whom have saved her from a few short adventures already! "Now, how will we call to these Kelpi to make them come? Just call out a random name and hope its the name of a Kelpi that can come to us?"  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff