Submit

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:05 pm
He did have a point. Eydis wouldn't be able to defend herself, and by going would make herself be very vulnerable to harm or danger. But would that stop her? That was the question she had a difficulty answering -- at first. Until she acted on her impulse.

"I swear to you, I would not be harmed! Under your protection, how would that be possible? You are the bravest of heroes," she said sweetly. "Just for one adventure, please?"

She could hardly believe that she was nearly begging. As a princess, it wasn't something she prefered to do, but something she knew needed to be done in order to get what she wants at times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:20 pm
The excitement and hope in her voice was more than enough. Feeling his willpower crumbling, he finally nodded his head, his curls bouncing against his shoulder. "If my Lady asks it, then her request shall be granted."

He gave her a curt nod, and began his walk, without any warning. "But should we find ourselves in an unhappy situation, you are to place yourself above all things and go for safety. Is that agreed?"

A knight was far less valuable than royalty, and he was more than willing to lay his and Paco's lives on the line for this beautiful, yet adventurous maiden. It impressed him that she was so eager to join in his adventures, and he was happy to have along another member of the typical entourage of two.

Paco looked at his partner quizzically, but simply shrugged his shoulders. He had no problem at all, accepting a new member to their group for the time being. Worry about her... yes, he would do that, just as he knew Quetzal would be. But Paco knew Quetz was smart... he knew what he was doing!

"M'lady." he bowed, mimicking Quetzal's motions from earlier as he allowed her to walk before him. Hopefully she would find amusement with their travels, instead of a simple boring trot. Either way, Paco was having fun, and that's what counted in the end for him!

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:43 am
"Of course, safety will always come first," she said with a wide grin. She repeated the motion back to Quetzal and Paco and then started to follow after them. Her smile wouldn't fade away, she was much too excited!

She began to think about what they might come across on their adventure. Would there be physical obstacles to cross through? Evil monsters? Kalonas? A journey off to a far away land? Crossing waters and mountains to seek a treasure? Eydis's imagination wandered, fascinating her with whimsical ideas about the outcome of the adventure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:15 pm
Hmmm.... what would entertain a Lady, yet keep her out of danger? Quetzal pondered the though as his long legs continued to trot in any general direction he felt like going in. Battles were far too dangerous for the gentler sex, but a mere accomplishment would seem rather humdrum, to perform in front of royalty herself. And, despite the need for his knightly humbleness, Quetzal wanted to impress. Very badly, in fact.

Paco tagged along behind the both of them as best he could, bringing up the rear of the troupe. What Quetzal had in mind, he hadn't the slightest idea, but hopefully it would be less "exciting" as what the mare had run into earlier. Anything that would keep the three of them out of harm's way was suitable for him!  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:52 pm
Eydis knew that Quetzal knew exactly what he was doing and where he was leading them. What adventures had he gone through before? What was he doing in his exciting life up to the point where he met Eydis? There was so much left to be discovered about him!

"Isn't it funny how we both come from two different lands, yet are now adventuring together in a land that is unfamiliar to the both of us?" she commented, as if it was more a general statement than an actual question. "Tell me about your homeland."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 pm
Her distinct difference in appearance compared to other mares had assured the steed that she was no normal mare; hearing her speak of coming from a foreign land only confirmed the suspicion.

"Paco and I... we come from a land far south from here. Where amigos and amigas all speak very differently from the two leggers here, and have very different customs. Like the knighthood and quests!" He smiled, nodding his head as he continued to walk, only glancing back for a moment or two to ensure his troop was following behind.

"And you, Princess Eydis? What of your land?"

Waddling along, Paco nodded silently, but cheerfully. He very much missed their former homeland, but Quetz insisted on this journey, and on a journey Paco went. His favorite game back home was trampling the pinatas to get the yummy sweets from them. But that was before Quetz... because Quetzal seemed rather against the idea of bashing in a colorful horse shaped object so one could eat the sweet insides. Oh well.  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:59 pm
"I come from an island, actually," said Eydis. "It is that land that I am the princess of. We too have our own customs. The island started to flood during a terrible storm and I became lost and separated from my home. I don't remember quite how, I got here, the water carried me. I suspect kind sea creatures helped me. I'm not sure."

The memories of her arrival to this land were all black and hazy, nothing of that time made any sense to her. She missed her homeland, but she wasn't sure if she'd want to return to stay. She'd love to see her family again, but she had grown accustomed to these new lands. If she ever somehow managed to return, it would only be for a short visit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:05 pm
Ah, so she was foreign, like he and Paco were!

"What a delightful coincidence, m'Lady." he smiled, nodding his head in her general direction. He, of course, had genuine concern over the fact she confessed to be homeless in a strange land, but he would take her under his proverbial wing, and would assist her as best he could. He was determined, and as a knight, devoted to protecting those who needed protection. "Though I must say, that had to have been such a frightening experience! You are far more braver than I took you for, if I might say."

Paco listened with wide eyes as she told her tale of coming to this land they now walked upon. Sea creatures? Paco had never been around the ocean himself... he wondered what powerful creature could exist in the murky waters that was strong enough to lift an adult horse!  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:46 pm
"Oh, I'm not brave," she admitted with a grin. Eydis had found herself in several situations where she may be looked at as brave by some, but by most, she was being looked at as stupid. Even Eydis knew some of her attempts at bravery made her look like a fool. Her first encounter with Kalonas, trying to influence goodness to the evil children...that was one mistake she'd never make again! "You are the brave one, you are the hero afterall."

Eydis gave a confident nod, assuring Quetzal that this was a definite fact.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:48 pm
The stallion's cheeks flushed at the compliment, and he shook his head, turning back around to continue their journey. He had never been complimented like that before, and wasn't sure how exactly to take the words. They made him feel proud, but being prideful was a sin, and knights were to never sin! Perhaps there was a good kind of pride he wasn't aware of?

Either way, he simply smiled and continued trotting, unsure of how he was supposed to respond.

Paco could sense his companion's uneasiness, and couldn't help but grin. Never before had the duo encountered someone so... thankful, and sweet, so it was a big change for them. Typically, the person they helped or saved tend to yell at Quetz for some reason or another, and the colorful stallion just ignored the words like water off a duck's bath. But not these words... they were coming from an exotic mare, and Paco knew Quetzal had never really dealt with the female kind of his species until now. Too busy fighting dragons and other dangerous fiends, of course!

"It is alright, Lady Eydis," Paco said, nodding, "I'm not very brave, so you don't have to be either. That's Quetzal's job!"

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:08 pm
"Indeed, Paco," said Eydis in agreement. "And Quetzal does his job wonderfully, with all the qualities of a hero. He has the braveness, the selflessness, the determination, the charm, the looks, the..."

Her voice trailed off quickly at the sound of a noise, sounded like something brushing against a bush. She turned her head to the direction, but nothing was there. Though she could have sword than for a moment, just one instant, she saw something quickly disappear.

She turned sharply back to Quetzal and Paco.

"I thought I heard something," she apologized.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:15 pm
"Ah, but my Lady," Quetzal interjected, feelings his cheeks redden even further than they already were, "A Knight, or a hero, as you call me, would have no reason, no motivation to fight to begin with, if not for such a worthy cause as yourself."

He was in the midst of pausing to give another courteous bow (for what else did one do after receiving such a compliment?!), when his head paused as she seemed distracted by something.

Eyes widened, and his imagination flared up, as he stared into the bushes that had caught her gaze.

Paco greatly enjoyed seeing Quetzal being put on the spot, like he was. It was a refreshing change of events, and having a third member to the party happily suited him, for it gave him someone else to talk to when Quetzal was raving about his Quest.

Short ears twitched, straining to hear the noise Lady Eydis said to have heard. Was there something lurking in the bushes? If so, Paco entrusted the finding out to his partner... he'd rather stand on the sidelines until needed!

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:37 pm
"Did you hear it too?" asked Eydis, now feeling uncertain about the noise that she had heard. Maybe she did she see something there afterall. Maybe something was nearby. Maybe ---

User Image
The Kalona smirked darkly as she swept down into the treetops once more. She had been following a bizarre trio for a while, hiding quietly unseen until recently. They were such weak, strange creatures, she felt sorry for their existance. Such pathetic fools, not knowing the true meaning of power. Everything in their world was rainbows and kittens. Everything in Gwee's world was hollow and dead.

That had to change, they needed a snap back to reality. The fantasy they lived in had gone on far too long. No happy endings for them just yet. They still have a dragon to defeat.

The Kalona flew down through the treetops, cracking the weak branches that blocked her way. She landed down on the ground before them, covered in leaves through her trip through the tree. She shook her body off in a violent shudder, the leaves flew off her body and down to the ground. Gwee gave the most intimidating grunting sound she could make, coughing out a tiny flame puff to her side.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:33 pm
Quetzal had been staring so intently on the bushes beside them, he almost didn't see the green figure up until the point she was standing directly in front of them.

He felt him catch his breath, and startled eyes gazed over the giant winged being, the smoke definitely not going unnoticed by the practically defenseless stallion.

Fear was not an option, though his body begged to differ. He could feel his legs weakening, but his resolve stood strong and he stepped in front of Eydis's pathway. He had dealt with dragons before. None that seemed as... realistic as this one, but he would overcome them. In his Lady's honor, he'd fight to the death!

"Paco," he whispered, refusing to take his eyes off the being in front of them, "Take the Lady Eydis and flee! She mustn't be harmed!"

Paco nearly wet himself in fear as the great dragon swooped down from the sky and stood before them. He had seen Quetzal speak of dragons, but never saw anything like this before. Beady eyes blinked rapidly, as if willing himself for all of this to be a dream. He never thought Quetzal as a liar, but the other 'dragons' he fought didn't seem quite so scary, like this one.

Nodding (and quite glad for a reason to escape himself!), Paco nudged the Lady Eydis's leg and motioned for them to leave. Quetzal would have to handle this on his own, if the fierce, angry looking dragon concentrated on the colorful stallion instead of the other two members of the group.

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:48 am
"Be safe Quetzal! Don't get yourself hurt!" she cried to the colorful knight. She then turned away in a hurry, ready to rush away. She knew she would be safer under Paco's protection away from the dragon than watching on the sidelines.

"How heroic," said the Kalona sarcastically."Trying to be the big bright strong stallion, defending the innocent blonde mare from the terrible dragon. What a familiar archetype of a story. Unfortunately for you, this story won't have a happy ending."

"C'mon, give me your best shot," she taunted, digging her hooves into the ground, firming her stance. She was ready for this, she had been waiting for this. "Or are you going to be too afraid? Come at me. I dare you."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff