Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

9/11 has anything changed?
  yes
  no
View Results

R_D_S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:57 am
I know many people don't agree with reflecting on 9/11, but I think it is healthy to get your feelings out. With that said, please feel free to comment here on the happenings after six years!

Jesse  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:02 pm
I agree that moving on is a good thing, but I have noticed that people have stopped doing memorial services...at my school, for example, we haven't had anything to remind us about 9/11 for 2 years...I kinda accepted the fact that we didn't do anything for the 4th year after, because like i said, people need to move on, but the fact that we didn't do anything for the 5th, that irritated me...with out reflecting on major events of the past, especially ones that happened in our lifetime, at least every 5 years or so, people will forget...like last year when i made a big deal about not having a crermony, I had someone actually come up to me and ask why 9/11 was so important...he was 2 years older than me and he had already forgotton what happened...so i close with this...yes, moving on is a good thing, but not if it means forgetting the whole thing...

~David

Tristus Lumen

Timid Bloodsucker

Star VanHelsing
Vice Captain

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 pm
I couldn't agree more. We ned to move on, but I do think it is important to reflect back and see what has changed. I mean, look at what the world was going through 6 years ago. Has anyone actually made any progress in the war that was started due to 9/11? Those are the kinds of things that I think should be thought of on this day for years to come. We shouldn't forget what has happened, instead we should embrace it and learn from it. I still think of all the families that have to go on without the children that were in teh day care that day, but then, God would only take them at their time....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:31 pm
i'm not trying to sound cold. but 9/11 should be a day that we lost ourself. we have destroy two countrys took over a government. just because a group of poeple attacked us. i agree get the poeple that did this but leave the people who did nothing alone. 9/11 we lost alot of people the years to follow the two country we attacked lost more. way more. i'll pary for those lives lost on 9/11 but i'll pray harder for those who lost there lifes because in a unneed war that was never approve.  

Dark Pentacle

The Almighty Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:49 am
This might sound off a very cold and I do have gotten a lot of bashing when I've said this before in the Chatterbox, but personally I don't real care about what happened even though it is tragic and I know a lot of American people.
Mostly because car bombs, terrorist kidnappings and so on are frequent down in the middle east and most of the world don't really care nor mourn those that die there, therefor I think it's just silly if I mourn those that died on 9/11 just because they were in the most influential super power that exists. In my opinion a American life or even a Norwegian life at that, doesn't rank higher then a life in the middle east. Therefor if we don't mourn the thousands that die every half years down there, why should I mourn those that died six years ago?  
~Archives Part Duex~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games