[PRP] Play with me, Dad? (Uovu, Fasa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:14 am
User Image Mufasa shook his 'mane' that wasn't quite grown in. In fact, it was just a set of nicely groomed bands and thicker fuzz on his neck. He ingnored the itchy sensation of the growing fur and stared into the sky.

A bored sigh laced his breath as he basked in the afternoon sun. He needed something to do. It's not like he had any friend's in the area.

Maybe he could try and swim?
He was unsure about that though.

'I wonder were he is...' his thoughts trailing to his father and his only friend in the area. However, those thoughts quickly left him as he watched some cloud's gather.

Though he didn't mind the shade of the clouds, he didn't particually want it to rain at the moment.

He rolled onto his back, trying to get confortable under the blanket of the sun to just sleep, but he knew sleep wouldn't come easy. Naive as he was, he did know when sleep decided to taunt him and leaving him laying awake or waking from nightmares.

He really shouldn't eat so late. That's probably what brought on the horrible dreams.

Plus, he hadn't had anyone decent to talk to since Sepoko and n**, but they were probably sleeping or on their merry ways to someplace else by now.

He was ignorant to the fact hat he was wide awake, but still tried to sleep. It didn't come. At all. His white tail flicked, slghtly aggrivated, as he rolled over and spwaled himself on the soft grass.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:09 am
Uovu hadn't meant to have neglected Mufasa at all. Rather, he'd spent much of his time focusing his energy on visiting Toroka - sneaking off without attracting the attention of Roho had been hard work, and when the girl had come into his life, he'd thought about little else.

Still, there'd always been that nagging feeling nudging him in the back of his mind -

'Talk to Fasa, Uovu. He's your boy, and you... haven't been around lately. Didn't you want to become a good father?'

Well, not really. He had no desire to be a father right now, he was fine as he was, an adult lion that did not have to worry about cubs setting him back.

But still, he enjoyed the company of Mufasa, and the kid didn't demand his utmost attention. He was okay on his own, Uovu had thought.

Well, that's what he believed, anyway. Uovu needed a wake-up call. It was lucky, then, that he happened to stumble across Mufasa's scent, and traced it to him.

"Mufasa? What are you doing, boy?"

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:22 am
Mufasa shifted his head to look up. "Oh... Hi," he pulled himself up. "I was just thinking about finding you," He commented with a smile, trying to hide the guilty fact that he wanted his dad to be with him, selfishly.

He put most of his weight upon his right hip. not really wanting to sit up right. A few moments, more like seconds, he thought.

'I should call Uovu Dad right?' He questioned himself. He didn't know. He never had a Father. But... He had spoken openly about Uovu as his father, so what made it so hard now?

It troubled him. Just a bit.

He gave a small yawn and pulled himself into the correct sitting position before his entire right side could go numb and give 'way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:52 am
Uovu raised a brow, and padded closer to face Mufasa, bending down to look at the 'youngster' he liked so deeply.

"You were looking for me, huh?" he murmed, a hint of a smile stretching his lips, "That makes me kind of happy, you know that? We haven't had a good scuffle in months... hey, so, what did you need from me, buddy?"

He cuffed a large forepaw on Mufasa's shoulder, then raised it again in an attempt to muss up his son's hair... and then, only then, Uovu realised something.

Mouth agape, Uovu held up a suspended paw - Fasa sure had a thicker head of hair than Uovu remembered, and he realised that what he was seeing was the makings of a mane.

Fasa wasn't going to be a boy for much longer. He was growing up faster than Uovu had expected.

"Geez, you're getting bigger, aren't you?" the older male chuffed, grinning at Fasa proudly, as if they were connected by blood, "Well done, Fasa. Since when did you shoot up like this?"

Uovu wasn't sure whether to feel pride or guilt - pride, that his 'son' was growing into lionhood, and guilt that he had not been paying enough attention to Mufasa not to realise this sooner.

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Mufasa puffed his white chest out proudly. Praise. He loved it, espesically from Uovu. He questioned himself when only his father's opinion mattered. He reasoned that Uovu was his only friend, as well as parent.

Geez, you're getting bigger, aren't you?

Mufasa nodded happily. He was glad he was getting bigger. "Mhm~" He chimed, but started to feel a little shy. He did't know what to say to Uovu.

He knew he was avoiding the first question as he thought of a way to dogde around why exactly he was looking for Uovu.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 pm
"Haha, that's my boy, that's my boy," Uovu chuckled, reaching a large paw over in an attempt to ruffle Mufasa's little mane, "You sure are growing strong, just look at those muscles! Keeping yourself fit, are ya'? Marvelous."

He shot his boy a lopsided grin, and flopped down onto his back beside him, giving a drawn-out, yet casual yawn. Being with Mufasa was great - he could drop all the formalities and just be himself.

"We haven't spoken directly in quite a while, huh?" he realised, chewing thoughtfully on his bottom lip, "Have you been looking after yourself, Fasa? Met anyone from the Tononeka yet? Got yourself some friends?"

He turned from his lying position to face the boy.

"Because that's important, you know, Fasa. You've got to find people you can trust. Trust is important."

This was Uovu, ever the hypocrite.

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:26 pm
Mufasa nodded happily. He had nothing better to do then... run. He wanted to swim, but didn't know if he could yet.

"I try to keep moving. Isn't it a bit nervewearking to stay in generally the same area?" He asked with a confused look on his face. He tended to walk around a lot to try and see new thingsl trying to limit himself from going anywhere too far. He'd be an orphan again if he did.

He only nodded at the next statements made. He visibly flinched at one of the statements. The tononeka...? no. He'd met other's however. did he really have to comment on that though.

Why yes. Yes he did.

The young lion's ears flew down at the next stament in an almost shame.

Got yourself some friends?

"No.. not yet," Mufasa shifted saddly. Almost dissapointed in himself for not making any friends in he month's he'd been there. Sure, he did skirt away from most of the tononeka.

Though, he had met a genet from the couthlands, but Mufasa doubted that counted.

"W-well, I trust you," Mufasa said, looking up at his father.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:42 pm
"Really? None at all? Gee, Mufasa, you've got to try and be a little more confident! You know, get to know some others. There's a few cubs about - young Camulous, for example, I think you'd like him. Though I do understand, there's not many cubs in the Tononeka..."

He sighed, sat down beside Mufasa on his haunches and cuffed a paw gently on Mufasa's shoulder.

"If... if you're ever bored, Fasa, or if you ever want to search for something more..." he dropped his voice down to a whisper, "Just run. You don't even need to tell me. Take off to wherever you want to go, and see the world. I'll forgive you now, in advance. I know there will be a time when you take flight and become your own lion. I don't expect you to stay here, living a predetermined life... that wouldn't be cool."

His gaze dropped.

"After all," he said, meeting Mufasa's eyes with a sad smile, "I'm Family to you in spirit, not in blood. It's no biggy, really, just don't let the others catch you. Though, saying that, I would love to have you around for a little longer. You're my mate, Fasa. But you decide when the time is right. You're growing up, and you're becoming a real lion."

Lightening up, Uovu grinned and got to his paws, his shaggy mane bouncing as he paced around his boy. Mufasa was no longer the cute little boy he'd picked up in the rain - he was becoming stronger, losing his cub-fat, taking the shape of a powerful lion. He couldn't baby him forever.

"Hrmm, well, before you truly become a lion," Uovu laughed, trying to growl but laughing instead, "I'd better test if you really have it in you to be great! Rrrrrrrrrr! "

And Uovu leapt at Mufasa - he felt the weight of being an adult lift off his shoulders for a moment, as if he were a cub again. Snorting, he swung a gentle paw at Mufasa, tempting him to join him in play.

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:01 pm
"It's okay... I'm choosing to stay here... No worries? I'll leave when I need to... But no sooner." He said determindly. He was bored here, sure, but what would he do out there... in the real world. He, honestly, didn't know anymore. He wasn't used to real travel now, though his bones and blood still craved travel.

Fasa looked up at him when Uovu's gaze dropped.

He gave a small sigh. "Spirit only, sure... But sometimes spirit can be stronger than blood."

He listened to Uovu laugh and speak. He laughed as well as Uopvu jumped at him in play. He moved a bit as to not get hit, and batted his father back in play.

[Sorry, it's short...>>]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:52 pm
Uovu's heart swelled with warmth - warmth for the boy that he cared for, so much, warmth for the one that gave him a reason to keep on living. He was proud of Mufasa. How could this youngster's parents leave behind such a clever, friendly son?

Well, it was their loss. Mufasa was his son, now.

"You're right, I suppose. Bonds run deeper than bloo- hey!" he laughed, copping a full blow in the cheek from Fasa's paw, "Lay off, Mufasa! You're getting stronger, you know... that was pretty hard!"

And he grinned.

"I'm happy you're staying here, with me," he murmered quietly, "It means the world to me, Fasa."

Kinreii

Seaki

Divine Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:37 pm
Mufasa gave a sheepish grin.

"And look at you trying to be tough," Mufasa grinned at his father.

But after, Mufasa gave a sadder smile. "I wouldn't leave right now... I don't think I could. Despite having almost nothing to do here, it's still home."

Mufasa gave a full blown smile, more childish now. "But for now." He tapped Uovu. "I believe, you are it."

And he turned to dash off, fully knowing that Uovu was faster then him. He would become fast, he would!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:58 pm
Uovu shot Mufasa a sheepish smile.

"Well, you never know what might happen. Soon, there might be others around for you to play with. Maybe. Possibly."

He didn't know if Mufasa was old enough to understand. Surely, he would get the hint, but there was always the possibility that this youngster still had his head on more important matters - chasing butterflies, watching clouds, that kind of thing.

The good bits of life. And he'd always be Fasa's father, no matter what happened, or wherever the boy went. Always.

"Arg!" Uovu grunted, as he received the tap, "Hey! That's not fair at all... come 'ere, you!"

The chocolate male ran after Mufasa, grinning madly to himself. Perhaps he'd never quite understand this boy, but he'd always try to listen to him.

Try to.

"I'm going to get you, Mufasaaaaaa!"

Kinreii

[PUB] The Southlands (Unclaimed)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas