Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

x3_heartzz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:20 pm
hello everyone,
before i used to think yoga was a practice from a different religion but i've heard yoga was a great way to exercise and reduce stress. I was thinking though is it possible for a Christian to do yoga?
my school administrator doesn't think so.(i go to a Christian school by the way)
i asked my parents and they said, "meditate on the Lord's Word while doing yoga."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:56 pm
x3_heartzz
hello everyone,
before i used to think yoga was a practice from a different religion but i've heard yoga was a great way to exercise and reduce stress. I was thinking though is it possible for a Christian to do yoga?
my school administrator doesn't think so.(i go to a Christian school by the way)
i asked my parents and they said, "meditate on the Lord's Word while doing yoga."

i agree with your parents. while yeah yoga was started as a part of budism it is still a good form of excerise and stretching. just use that time while your doing yoga to think about what you've read in your quiet time. i would suggest if your able to. do your quiet time then your yoga and make it into one thing that way you still have your reading fresh in your mind.  

trinity343

x3_heartzz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:25 am
trinity343
x3_heartzz
hello everyone,

i agree with your parents. while yeah yoga was started as a part of budism it is still a good form of excerise and stretching. just use that time while your doing yoga to think about what you've read in your quiet time. i would suggest if your able to. do your quiet time then your yoga and make it into one thing that way you still have your reading fresh in your mind.

oh okay i got it. thanks biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:12 am
think about scriptures and Pray to God when you do it
Keep your mind and heart focused upon Him as you do it!  

White Dog Poo

x3_heartzz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:17 am
Yeah!
As it says in His Word,
" I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. "
( Philippians 4:13, KJV)
which btw is one of my favorite verses 3nodding mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:22 am
And it is VERY TRUE!
And you learn alot too just Trusting upon God  

White Dog Poo