Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:42 am
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:49 am
Well she didn't look too bad...

Having spent the last few hours staring at the lake, she had inspected every inch of her body. The wounds in certain areas were significantly worse than they were in others... This was unfortunate and made her 'uneven' but there was little she could do to right the situation. Her horn could only reach so far and there was no chance she could reach the gouge wounds lining her neck...her head just didn't twist that way.

Therefore, it was no surprise that she released a small sigh at her own appearance and shook her head. The most of the aches and pains had lifted by now...She was still stiff in certain areas, mostly in regions she couldn't heal her own wounds but all in all it wasn't so bad. Granted, she looked like she had been through the wars and at present the glistening beauty of her coat was overshadowed by the scabs and patchy fur but she was still alive.

That was always a bonus!

"Oi," it didn't stop her feeling just a little sorry for herself though. She hated when others gave her pity but she could pity herself without problem. She looked a wreck and could hardly gain the company of a male in her given condition but it was a lesson from the Spirits. She had decided this weeks ago following the attack and it had made the event so much easier to handle. As far as she was concerned the spirits had chosen to put her through this temporary change in appearance to allow her to see what other less pretty soquili went through.

All right so they weren't all battered and bruised, but soquili didn't look at her as often as they used to and it was a rather humbling experience...Could have been worse though, she could have lost a limb!

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
So many things on his mind he could barely concentrate. His father's new mate was pregnant. How does this potentially work? His father has had more luck with females than Ares ever had, yet they flock around him like chicks to the mother hen. He does realize this, perhaps it is because he is to picky, to meticulous but he wasn't going to spend his life with someone that was going to badger him to death or be the most clueless either. Maybe he was destined to live a life alone. It would be interesting to see how the life would be of one who was committed. But who needs comittment? It's like taking away your freedom is it not? He didn't wan't to be limited for some mare. He didn't think any of them had that power...and if they did, he didn't want to meet them.

His cool blue eyes looked at the ground, fretting. He was going to be a big brother. He couldn't keep his mind off of it. He never seen his true blood sister let alone another bunch. This concerned him, how would they get along, could sekhmet accept him. She didn't seem like it, though she never seemed to be rude to him. They just didn't converse... at all.

Adruptly he caught a whiff of someone he had once met, a mare...but whom was it. Dry blood...he snorted slightly as he trotted off a bit farther to see...Sparks? He remembered her, she looked...horrible. There were simply no words to describe it and within that short amount of time wrath and anger spread over his entire body. Who couldv'e done that to a mare? He hadn't even touched a mare, used fowl language yes but he would never touch one in such a manner. He realized his over protectiveness but he thought some others needed it for they couldn't fend for themselves...what happened to her? The easiest thing would be to ask...but Ares always had a knack for making things complicated.

He nickered softly to her watching her from a distance..."Sparks?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:59 pm
Ha! What a stroke of luck. She knew that voice, she didn't know it 'well' so to speak but she recognised it. Not one to forget those she had met she could only purse her lips at the words. It was strange how the spirits worked, they dealt the most unusual hands and just expected their targets to adapt accordingly. Unfortunately Sparkles doubted that they would ever realise just how hard it was to adapt each time they meddled in the affairs of mere mortals such as herself.

Never one to be rude though the mare did eventually turn round and offered a mild smile as an initial response to his words. Her movements slow and less relaxed than they used to be, it was clear that she was a bit stiff. If she had her own choice she would have been as fluid as ever but her body had informed her that it's co-operation was not there for the time being. A shame really, it gave off the entirely wrong impression sometimes.

"It's been a while, Ares!" her tone still enthusiastic despite appearances her expression appeared to be as wistful as ever. She wasn't going to let what had happened to her completely destroy who she was. Yes it would change her a little but such a bad thing didn't mean she had to be depressed - besides, people would change around her if the rest of them were anything to go by.

"You look well," smiling pleasantly she canted her head to the side ever so slightly and gave a soft whicker. Well, as he had been the last time they had met it seemed he had a bee in his bonnet - apparently he was one of the 'grumpy' soquili then.

"Fairing well I hope?"

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:16 pm
"I am fairing..." indeed last time it seemed that there was a stick up his butt for he was taught from foal hood not to show emotion or any sort of kindness to another but he wasn't that being. He had compassion, a lot of it and it seemed to show now for he had opened up just an inch. Just to show he did care, even if it were to a perfect stranger.

"You look, not so good." he replied more seriously before adding, "but never the less you still hold your beauty from our previous meet." he didn't want to make her feel horrible and he didn't remember or know if she was the type to eat up compliments though he wouldn't care he was concerned for her well being. His tail flicked, "Are you...alright?" he asked. Honestly he hadn't seen anything like this to a mare unless, she were dead and it was saying something. It almost hurt him to watch her move. All these years away from gaiacenta were paying off it seemed. But having Pandora around wasn't helping much either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:07 am
Ha! His attempt at a compliment made her smile gently in return. While she had no intention of accepting such pleasantries at this precise moment in time it made the grumpy stallion a little more endearing. He'd been so cold and aloof the previous meeting and she supposed she couldn't blame him, everyone was entitled to their own personality and their own individual ways of being social.

...His were just a tad awkward.

"Rather observant of you," she replied, mimicking his tone in an attempt to lighten the mood. So she was achy and she was sore, but that was no excuse to be a poor hostess! Under no circumstances would she permit herself to sulk in the company of another, especially not one who seemed to need her optimism more than anyone. If she was to be entirely honest (and she wouldn't because it was rude) he seemed to be a complete and utter misery from his body language.

But if he could express concern and attempt to cheer her up then she continued to hold out a candle for him in return. It was the least she could do. That being said, the tone of voice simply didn't suit her and after a few moments she gave a snerk (somewhat like a snorting laugh) and cracked a smile again.

"I'm doing surprisingly well, it's been a rather interesting few weeks," she confessed in her usual wistful tone, easing the weight from one hoof to another in the process.

"I'm afraid I can't say you look worse for wear though, still the same passive and almost indifferent expression as last time - if you aren't careful your face will stick that way," she warned sagely.

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:14 pm
He was befuddled! She was smiling, cracking jokes and being ...social in her state. I that had happened to him, which to some extent it had he would be an extremely pissy and antisocial mood. He looked to his scarred wing, remembering the day he had met a little filly and a rather fiesty bunch of wolves. He turned back to Sparks, thinking he should go look for that filly probably full grown now but it would be interesting to see her again...Azariel, probably still a stubborn little thing.

"I see," if she wasn't going to go in detail he wouldn't ask. But the way the scabs were formed he knew it wasn't from falling down. Someone had done there deed to her and it irritated him. Her bouncy personality didn't need such brutality.

Her own body language seemed to be off, from the last time. "I've been told that many a times already ma petite." he looked to her cool eyes shining as his ears flickered back and he whispered, "I think its already stuck." his eyebrows raised as he put a little more edge to his voice as he spoke instead of the usual monotone Ares.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm
Well there was no use crying over spilled milk, she wasn't going to mull over the past. She'd done that for about two or three hours before growing rather tired of the entire thing - yes, what had happened was bad but it could have been worse. If anything, the events that had transgressed had simply encouraged her to look at life with renewed interest... There were many very special individuals in the world and while they may do some 'bad' things sometimes, that didn't mean they were entirely at fault.

That's what she believed anyway.

"Maybe they're trying to give you a subtle hint," she pointed out at last, flashing another of her smiles as he replied to her in a more good natured manner. He wasn't being quite so sharp (or blunt today) and as his tone loosened just a little she could have sworn he was jesting. She wouldn't be so quick to assume though, he could have been doing something entirely different.

"But if you're face had stuck like that your eyebrow wouldn't have perked up," she continued wisely, canting her head to the side just a little. All in all she was in a surprisingly good mood, especially now that she had company to distract her.

"You seem surprised though, is there something wrong?"

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:36 pm
Ares looked at her and listened to her, the way she spoke...talking of his expressions it was odd to hear coming from another. "It's really not that subtle, perhaps there is no need to show another one expression." he replied. "Ninety three of your words are spoken non-verbally. Its almost like telling someone what your thinking. It's almost like having someone read your mind. I don't like giving away thoughts to strangers." it was obvious he didn't trust well. But he was relaxed around her now, more than last.

"I'm just suprised on your reactions, the way you speak, expressions in your state." he looked at her concerned. "As in you are wounded yet you make no mention of it. Most other mares I've met who have so much as a scratch on them expect me to pity them and do things for them, you are not like so."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 pm
Aha, so he was one of those types. A tiny part of her gave a nod of understanding and stored the information at the back of her mind. Perhaps in time it would become important, but the very fact that he seemed so guarded said a lot. He hid beneath more shields than she could count and she had only met him twice! This was indeed quite a feat and she could do nothing more than congratulate him for erecting such high barriers despite the potential flaw this may pose to his character.

Nevertheless, as he took note of her appearance she couldn't help but cast a half-glance towards her cuts and bruises. While some were shallow from the residual influence of her healing magic, they still presented quite a mark on her pelt. Well, he had lasted a surprisingly long time without mentioning it and he hadn't 'shuffled' around the problem...he'd just come out and asked.

Again, she gave a half satisfied nod and then returned her gaze to the stallion. Providing him with a much warmer smile, she seemed to shrug her shoulders lightly as though her appearance was of little concern to her. This was in part a lie as she loved her beauty but there was no point in pining about it...it would come back.

"Not every mare s the same as another...I do not come from these lands and my father taught me to be strong and just," she replied after a few moments of careful consideration. "Sometimes bad things happen to us, it is our choice to remain stuck in the past or to move on...Life is too short and I have too much to see to mope," she pointed out. To an outsider she would seem almost sage and wise though she didn't really feel that way herself.

"Eventually I'll look just as pretty as I did the day I met you, my father always did say I needed to learn to be a little more patient," she teased softly.

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:12 pm
"You don't look any less pretty," he replied soundly. "Scabs and scars can only mean that you're either lucky or can hold your ground." once again he tried to cheer the mare up for her ending words didn't seem as enthusiastic and bouncy as the others. "Wouldn't you want to go to the river to wade in? It might make your wounds feel a bit better, you seem kind of stiff and how do you say 'stuck.'" to refer back to her own words when she spoke of him and his facial expressions.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:14 am
Was he trying to be of comfort to her? His words were surprisingly firm for any male simply trying to pander to the whims of a female and she hadn't made any attempt to get sympathy. In all truth, she had really started to dislike sympathy...especially when it quickly turned into pity. It had been something she had noticed since her encounter and she was beginning to understand why those with scars could sometimes be exceptionally bitter... All this pity and those 'sad' eyes could wear a person thin.

"I would like to think that it was more luck and the blessings of the spirits than anything else," she was being honest in this. Had the spirits and her 'Spirit Bear' not intervened she would definitely be dead by now. The spirits had sent both the bear and the wind mare to help her, they hadn't permitted her to sprout wings and another horn to match her attacker - although she had given him a good stab to the chest.

"But I can pack a punch if I get really angry," she teased as it was clear that an angry Sparks was about as frequent as bananas in the desert. That being said she probably would be quite the sight if she was angry...a vision of beauty (or so she would hope), but a terrifying one...like those tales the elders told!

Nevertheless, as he mentioned her body language and her apparent stiffness she did have the courtesy to look a little sheepish. Truth be told she had been avoiding the water for the simple reason that they made her scabs itch...and when she was itchy her horn went back, cut her again and...well it was a bit of an endless cycle really.

"The water makes me itchy," she confessed after a few moments, offering a somewhat wry smile in the process, "I just end up cutting myself because I can't resist itching - terribly annoying but ooooh you have no idea how itchy they can be!" She wasn't aware of just how ridiculous she sounded but her expression had become more lively as she tried to explain the exasperation of trying to itch at unreachable areas.

Really, they just needed to invent a back scratcher for horses.

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:30 pm
He was trying to comfert her and it made him shy away from wanting to speak, to be around her. He didn't want to be attatched to anyone. He wanted his freedom, if anyone could tame this wild mustang it would be a miracle. This was how it started, wasn't it.

He got back intune with her last words of the scabs being itchy and it made him smile...smile? It was a charming smile, dashing...but he hadn't smiled a day in his life and she was the first to witness, as if a new day had dawned. By the heavens the God of War had softened. Though he didn't realize he had done it...it just seemed natural.

"Oh, I see and I have an idea on how itchy they could be." Ares watched her, "Well I don't think there is anything I could do to..." he stopped himself wrinkling his brows. "...Nevermind."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 am
Oooh he definitely suited a smile. While the mare was completely oblivious to the fact that she was the 'first' to experience his smile she was rather flattered that she had been afforded one. Given she knew of her own beauty she wasn't easily 'flattered' in that regard but this made her feel different. It was one of those unusual feelings where the tummy fluttered and the breath caught in the throat.

Unfortunately though, she wasn't speechless.

"So your face definitely doesn't stick like that," she murmured more to herself than anything as her smile became almost coy. Shuffling her hooves briefly as she trapped the image in her mind, it was only after a moments delay that she heard his next phrase. Now if she hadn't been startled before she was now as she looked towards him abruptly and arched her brow.

Had he really said what she thought he had?

"Oh no no no no!" Sparkles barely had time for a breath as she scuttled (yes scuttled) towards the wind soquili, the huge grin firmly placed on her lips. "You can't stop mid sentence, what were you going to say?" She probed...though she had an odd suspicion she already knew.

...Unfortunately for Ares his sudden shift in mood had caused great interest for the mare, she was seeing a much more pleasurable side to him.

Epine de Rose

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:37 pm
"I can, and I did." he replied more sternly. What was happening to him, winter was coming not spring wasn't that when stallions and mares made googley eyes towards each other. His brows raised again as he somewhat ignored most of the things that she said, it took him some time to realize what he had done. It almost put a sense of fear into those heartless eyes.

He almost reared back when she came to close, some what of a touch me not. He went by the rules of I don't touch you, you don't touch me. What did she want from him? Nothing...but everything how odd. He looked to the intrigued mare, he felt like running yet he felt like chains held his hooves to the earthy ground.

His total personality changes could confuse anyone who didn't know him real easy. He wondered if he had true feelings for her rather than pity...it didn't feel pity. Usually he pitied no one, not even the dead for they made it out of this place. He didn't know what to say or how to act, he just simply watched the mare. He felt trapped.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff