Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
The Camp High

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iSweet Talk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:30 pm
So i just got back after being to a Christian Summer Camp for a week, and the camp high is leaving me cause i cant be around my church people, cause the church is back in my hometown, and i dunno what to do im losing in my spiritual warfare and Satan has been attacking me since i got home
i dunno what to do  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:40 pm
Me and a whole bunch of the guys who went to church camp started hanging out. As Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.  

aTerraxia

-Hija de Cristo-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:40 pm
Well, I think a good step is to surround yourself with Christian friends - this guild really helps!
That camp high is given to us to show us the time on the mountain, but to live there our whole lives is unhealthy - just like living our whole lives in the valleys is unhealthy as well. Life is made up of both.
When satan tempts you, then you need to remember what God spoke to you about at camp - any notes that you took can help with that. Rereading anything that you wrote about the sermons can really bring back the memories. Also, I find that keeping a journal is also a big help.
Also, read your Bible, pray, and do devotions - those things aren't just camp things, and just because camp ended, doesn't mean that you can't still strive for the closeness that you had with God during the camp. Meditating on your experience (thinking, praying, etc.) actually works - it helps keep that high that you got from camp.
I hope that my two cents have helped you, at least a little, and good luck with your camp high.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 pm
i have that same feeling and it always sucks. but i would say keep in contact with people from there and make a support group or something. if you feel the need to discuss something, talk with them. let them help. and just keep praying to the GOD. He always listen. read the bible. that helps me a lot when i started having that feeling. that more we know about Jesus, the more we can insert his qualities into our life and the more we can be like Him. also keep praising Him. whenever i feel like it, i would pop out with a song and just sing it for GOD. it always makes me feel better.

if it helps, im always here. PM me or something, biggrin  

sunshinehearttrob

iremembertherain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:36 pm
Talk to other Christians! Feed off of each other. You can even PM me if you want to. I know exactly what you mean. I went to a WONDERFUL church camp this summer, but life out here is so hard. Remember what you've learned and hold it very near to your heart. Plan to go back next year. Think of all that Christ sacrificed for you. Oh! SING YOUR CAMP SONGS! The fun amazing songs that you liked best? Sing them! It's wonderful! I can't wait until I go back to camp next year. I'm trying to get through this year the best I can until then. That's all any of us can do.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:13 pm
I always miss camp when I come home. This year I came home from camp and then left for college and its just such a shock! Everything seems to be in duller shades of grey. I know what you're going through, and Im very thankfull for everyone's great advice.

What I always did, when I got the blues after camp was talk to my friends at youth group, we would have sleep overs and the like and when we were all together it was like being at camp all over again.  

theothermary

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff