Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
The GM Guild Welcome Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divergentScope

Lavish Phantom

11,950 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:03 am
Gah... what am I even supposed to say...?

So then, where do I start..? Ah, yeah, so..
Throughout the net, I've been known through various nicknames, though the most common ones, and the ones I expect to be called when not being called 'Keirren', are 'Sparks', 'Sadi'/'Sadist', and 'Azzu'.
My interest in Greek Mythology first started when I was at a youngish age, around 10. My dad was [and still is] pretty passionate about history, Ancient Egypt in particular, so I couldn't help but inherit that fascination as well. After around a year or two of this, I stumbled upon an article on wiki about Greek Mythology, and then started my interest in it.
I'm not as passionate about it as others are, such as I don't plan on collecting any 4+ books on it, nor am I planning on taking on Archeology or the such when i get to college [instead I'm planning on majoring psychology and art], but I can assure you my interest is genuine.
On another note, I'm still pretty young compared to everyone else [still a Freshman in highschool], and am a lover of hats and scarves, not to mention the occasional cloak/coat.
I may not seem as active as others are in this group, but rest assured, though I may not post much, I'm usually just there, lurking, reading threads to my hearts content. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 am
Hello.
Call me Eros.
I'm old enough to know better.
Young enough not to care.

If you want. I am a poem, or I am a pattern, or I am a race of people whose world was swallowed by the sea.  

Erosphoros

DimStar14

5,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:43 pm
It's a pleasure to meet you! Please feel free to call me Kiti instead of my long username... Um...I'm really clumsy in real life and I have a love for Greek mythology. My favorite Greek gods/desses is Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite, Apollo, and Hermes... Also, my uncle's name is Eros!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:31 pm
Okay! My name is Morgaine, I have loved Greek myth since I was a child of five and started reading Shakespeare. If you've never read his work, there's a ton of Greek work to be researched in order to understand most of it.

At a ripe 22, I have given my vows to the Goddess Artemis, continually do research on the stories and who wrote them, and I teach the myths and lineages to my littlest brother at age 12.

Two years ago, a prof at my college decided to teach a Greek mythos class, so I decided to take it. The prof had done no external research, hadn't read the other versions, and definitely didn't know his subject. He and I got into many disagreements in class which ended mostly with me pulling out the crate of reference material I kept with me after the first argument. I now own at least 10 books of myth stories, 5 of historical anecdotes, and around 40 books having to deal with the gods and goddesses such as P. C. Cast's Goddess Rising series which I highly recommend.

I look forward to being a semi-active part of this community. College and family are a little overbearing.  

MorgaineoftheLake

7,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Invisibility 100

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:41 am
Hello loves, one and all! mrgreen On behalf of the Crew, I hope your time here will be memorable!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 am
Hello. My name is Elias. My friends call me Toga (an apt name), and i first became interested in Greek mythology when i saw The Hercules animated movie at the age of five (i think...). I am now fifteen, and have studied it profusely. I live in a small country town located in Virginia, so most people don't understand the finer points of the classics sad . But now, i have sent many requests to Greek myth guilds. I even have my own RP Greek guild- Omega Mythos. The guild is based on a story i'm writing on Fanfiction under the pen-name Dewi Swann. So i hope to have a long and rewarding stay here, and that we can each learn from each other.
P.S.- My favorite god is probably one of the anemoi (Boreas, Zephyr, etc.) My favorite goddess would have to be Athena or Aphrodite.  

Raver Zephyr

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250

Ryou Domavonie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm
My name's Shawn, but it's Doma online.

Really and truly, I don't know much of anything about Greek mythology. Mainly stuff pertaining to Heracles (sp). Only because I've seen that Disney movie about a dozen times. But I find what I know to be interesting.

My original RPC had a jacket and gloves that couldn't be cut by stone, wood, or metal. But then people complained, so it's only metal now. But still!..  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 pm
MorgaineoftheLake
Okay! My name is Morgaine, I have loved Greek myth since I was a child of five and started reading Shakespeare. If you've never read his work, there's a ton of Greek work to be researched in order to understand most of it.

At a ripe 22, I have given my vows to the Goddess Artemis, continually do research on the stories and who wrote them, and I teach the myths and lineages to my littlest brother at age 12.

Two years ago, a prof at my college decided to teach a Greek mythos class, so I decided to take it. The prof had done no external research, hadn't read the other versions, and definitely didn't know his subject. He and I got into many disagreements in class which ended mostly with me pulling out the crate of reference material I kept with me after the first argument. I now own at least 10 books of myth stories, 5 of historical anecdotes, and around 40 books having to deal with the gods and goddesses such as P. C. Cast's Goddess Rising series which I highly recommend.

I look forward to being a semi-active part of this community. College and family are a little overbearing.

I blame P.C. Cast for making me even more infatuated with the god Apollo biggrin  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:25 pm
Hello all smile My name is Julie and my username used to be amaranthofnemo, however due to an obsession with a certain poison, I changed it to what it is now. Anyway, I'm 21..I guess that makes me one of the old ones here >.>

My love for greek mythology sprung from anime when I was addicted to Sailormoon in elementary. From there it went to interests in planets, then my friends and I discovered that those planets were named after greek gods. Then we found out that greek mythology was a lot better than planets and their size and distance. Since then I've been studying greek mythology, reading books about it and researching online, collecting data and writing stories about it. In high school, I took an Honors Mythology class to test out my knowledge and ended up helping out with clarifying information and adding onto my teacher's knowledge. In Art History, I ended up being my teacher's unofficial assistant in lecturing about greek mythology and how it inspired famous artwork. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am
Bittersweet Cantarella
Hello all smile My name is Julie and my username used to be amaranthofnemo, however due to an obsession with a certain poison, I changed it to what it is now. Anyway, I'm 21..I guess that makes me one of the old ones here >.>

My love for greek mythology sprung from anime when I was addicted to Sailormoon in elementary. From there it went to interests in planets, then my friends and I discovered that those planets were named after greek gods. Then we found out that greek mythology was a lot better than planets and their size and distance. Since then I've been studying greek mythology, reading books about it and researching online, collecting data and writing stories about it. In high school, I took an Honors Mythology class to test out my knowledge and ended up helping out with clarifying information and adding onto my teacher's knowledge. In Art History, I ended up being my teacher's unofficial assistant in lecturing about greek mythology and how it inspired famous artwork. smile

Well, we will get along nicely! Welcome!  

MorgaineoftheLake

7,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Invisibility 100

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 am
MorgaineoftheLake
Bittersweet Cantarella

Well, we will get along nicely! Welcome!

Thank you ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:27 pm
Gaia Name:Jmurphy73
Name:Jenn
theme song:indestructible by disturbed  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:56 am
I Qyp. I have been interested in mythology since my childhood days of watching Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena.

I know those are made p, but I am pretty sure they are the reason for my interest in Mythology, and not just Greek.

I think that will do... I am not one to talk about myself.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:52 pm
Qyp
I Qyp. I have been interested in mythology since my childhood days of watching Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena.

I know those are made p, but I am pretty sure they are the reason for my interest in Mythology, and not just Greek.

I loved those shows too. They may have been my inspiration to learn Greek Mythology, although I also had quite a few mythology books with amazing illustrations, and those were definitely influences too.

Anyway, I'm not so fussed over the fact that Xena and Hercules played it fast and loose with myth and history. It was still awesome. Well, Xena did kind of peter out in later seasons, and began to get a little too silly. But I remember it fondly for the earlier episodes.  

Akherontis
Captain

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:59 pm
Akherontis
Qyp

I loved those shows too. They may have been my inspiration to learn Greek Mythology, although I also had quite a few mythology books with amazing illustrations, and those were definitely influences too.

Anyway, I'm not so fussed over the fact that Xena and Hercules played it fast and loose with myth and history. It was still awesome. Well, Xena did kind of peter out in later seasons, and began to get a little too silly. But I remember it fondly for the earlier episodes.

Yes yes, I agree. They were both awesome shows... Kevin Sorbo was funny at times.

The episodes I remember the most from Hercules, was that gold deer centaur, I forgot the name of it, but it had the blood to kill gods. Then there was the one where they were in modern times... another was the hydra. That one is hard to forget, also, the hydra looked AWESOME.

Xena, I remember her being in china as a warlord, or something like that... it's all muddled up now.

I should try to find it all on DVD. Also did you know that the guy who played Iolaus, is now the director of Spartacus: Blood and Sand?  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff