Reply Gaian Airsoft Regiment
TM Famas, s**t?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[-Fade to Black-]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:45 am
When I went to AEX (a local airsoft store), I wanted to buy the TM Famas, but they said it was really crappy, and that I should buy a CA m4a1 instead. So I did, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Click

TM Famas, upgraded, four mags. Your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:53 am

When it breaks you have NO parts available.

One thing breaks, and you've got yourself an expensive paper weight.

Amos V2.1
Vice Captain

Mobius08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:12 am
Unfortunatly, he's right. It's going to be kinda difficult to actually find any replacement components if anything in the gearbox goes nuts. Even though It used a ver. 2 gearbox (I think), TM made some changes to the system so as to run it as their first bullpup.

Other than that, it's a very fine weapon. The bullpup configuration gives it some more accuracy in a compact size, the rof is a little faster than other TM aeg's, and if you're a fan of Solid Snake, that's the main rifle he used in the orriginal Metal Gear Solid.

That Craigslisting is pretty good, you're paying about the price for a new one, but gettting free upgrades. Just ask about how much he's used it and things of that nature.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:15 pm
Yeah. Not only an upgrade, but three extra mags.  

[-Fade to Black-]

Mobius08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:09 am
[-Fade to Black-]

I actually never heard of a midcap for a famas.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:14 pm
[-Fade to Black-]

When it breaks you're ******** only way to fix a FAMAS is to buy a parts FAMAS.  

Amos V2.1
Vice Captain

You_wouldnt_understand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:13 pm
Ive owned a famas, it uses a v1 gearbox, because it was one of the first TM guns and thats why there's no parts for it. The gun shoots 250+ fps which is bad for even a TM gun, but because of that the gun has an amazing rof. I had one and used it for every weekend for 13 mounths for about 7 hours each day. The gun never broke on me.

The only way you can have midcaps is with a conversion. All you need is a dreamil and some m16 mags.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:12 pm
ive had my famas for a few months now and no problems. I had a jing gong (the spelling is right) famas that broke second game so i decided to put down the big money and get the tokyo mauri and it is fine.

One con is limited upgrades because of its gear box as many people mentioned. But who cares. The way i play, i dont need it to hit hard. I wait till my prey is just a few feet infront of me, or below me, then i open fire. Cant miss really.

I am thinking about getting a rail for it and a nice 12x silver scope and get a silver silencer barrel for it.  

SirLewis

3,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

KarbonCopy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:45 pm
SirLewis
ive had my famas for a few months now and no problems. I had a jing gong (the spelling is right) famas that broke second game so i decided to put down the big money and get the tokyo mauri and it is fine.

One con is limited upgrades because of its gear box as many people mentioned. But who cares. The way i play, i dont need it to hit hard. I wait till my prey is just a few feet infront of me, or below me, then i open fire. Cant miss really.

I am thinking about getting a rail for it and a nice 12x silver scope and get a silver silencer barrel for it.

"HEY OVER THERE SHOOT AT THE SHINY THING!!"

And on another note, what are you doing opening fire on people that are only a few feet away from you? Thats just reckless and stupid.
Do you play with an airsoft group? or just with your friends?
Because there are no groups that I know of that dont have rules of engagment and proximity rules.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:20 pm
KarbonCopy
SirLewis

And on another note, what are you doing opening fire on people that are only a few feet away from you? Thats just reckless and stupid.
Because there are no groups that I know of that dont have rules of engagment and proximity rules.

Its just the way we developed to play. The famas shoots 280 so it is definatly not dangerous. And a few feet is still a fair distance.

You know what... I thought you might be a cool guy that just enjoys the sport but it seems like your more of a nagger and an a** that only wants things done your way.

First off, if your looking for me, a matte silver scope is only gonna stick out as much as anything else. "HEY OVER THERE, SHOOT AT THE RUNNING WHITE GUY"

If you aint friends with the people you play, your only out there to hurt strangers.

I have yet to hurt anyone. How about you? or do you just blame others and their safty gear?

And learn the golden rule, if you dont like people talking like me to you, you have to show them some respect too. You dont seem to like to respect me. Why? I havent made rude comments to anyone. I havent said i was all that. I just stated my favorite guns, my style, nothing touchy. Your just an sore person. Remember that.

And im just gonna expect this post to be deleted, just cause its your style. Dont worry about banning me from the guild, i quit.  

SirLewis

3,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

KarbonCopy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:27 pm
problem solved.

NEXT!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:47 pm
SirLewis
KarbonCopy
SirLewis

Its just the way we developed to play. The famas shoots 280 so it is definatly not dangerous. And a few feet is still a fair distance.

You know what... I thought you might be a cool guy that just enjoys the sport but it seems like your more of a nagger and an a** that only wants things done your way.

First off, if your looking for me, a matte silver scope is only gonna stick out as much as anything else. "HEY OVER THERE, SHOOT AT THE RUNNING WHITE GUY"

If you aint friends with the people you play, your only out there to hurt strangers.

I have yet to hurt anyone. How about you? or do you just blame others and their safty gear?

And learn the golden rule, if you dont like people talking like me to you, you have to show them some respect too. You dont seem to like to respect me. Why? I havent made rude comments to anyone. I havent said i was all that. I just stated my favorite guns, my style, nothing touchy. Your just an sore person. Remember that.

And im just gonna expect this post to be deleted, just cause its your style. Dont worry about banning me from the guild, i quit.

A 12x scope. And for an assault rifle? Seriously? You don't need more than 4x for a sniper rifle!  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

KarbonCopy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:39 pm
lol, and thats what we call a "Chairsofter" Someone who's a "crack shot ace" airsoft player who knows nothing about the sport, nor ownes guns remotely as nice as he talks about.

must be nice to just talk talk talk.

Ladies and gentlment, there's a real winner. I need people in this guild who actually know airsoft or who are serious about learning. Thus weeding idiots out like them is a first smile  
Gaian Airsoft Regiment

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games