Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord of the Rings: War of the Rings/The Rise of Sauron

Back to Guilds

Reply Lord of the Rings: War of the Rings/The Rise of Sauron
Discount Flashback, I mean RP Idea, Warehouse!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greatest Evil (Opinion)
  Morgoth (Valar, made Balrogs, commanded Sauron, 1st dark lord)
  Sauron (Maiar, Morgoth's 2nd in command, master of werewolves and vampires, Lord of the rings, 2nd dark lord)
  Saruman (Maiar, corrupted wizard, made uruk hai again)
  Other
View Results

TurinTurambarSonOfHurin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:16 pm
okay, me gots some ideas for rps so...
1. First age, war of wrath between elves, men and morgoth andorcs n stuff
2. 2nd age, war bettween sauron and the last aliance of elves and men
3. 4th age between the reunited kindgom (aragorn, or king elessar's arnor and gondor) and harad, the easterlings, and umbar

i think those are some good'uns. whaddja think?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:24 am
Sounds good to me, The entire first war of the rings could be good.  

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Zero_2005
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:42 pm
Or.... the first age was not much besides the valar chasing around melkor

the first age ended when they cought him, which was before the eldar awoke on middle earth.

read your history. Denied.

Edit: Oh yeah.... Melkor is also called morgoth by the elves. incase you forget that one also. Melkor is his true name.

didn't mean to sound so rough, but i like this guild to stay true to the actuall story, which is why we can't rp the chars of the books, only rp around the events.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:40 am
Zero_2005
Or.... the first age was not much besides the valar chasing around melkor

the first age ended when they cought him, which was before the eldar awoke on middle earth.

read your history. Denied.

Edit: Oh yeah.... Melkor is also called morgoth by the elves. incase you forget that one also. Melkor is his true name.

didn't mean to sound so rough, but i this guild to stay true to the actuall story, which is why we can't rp the chars of the books, only rp around the events.
*sniff sniff* crying

no i did not forget! i just thought it wasn't neccessary.

i thought the second age was where they had the last allaince of elves and men and ended after the battle in mordor? and that evrything before was the first age?  

TurinTurambarSonOfHurin

Zero_2005
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:41 am
No. that can not be, because melkor was held in prison for the whole of the second age. i can't remember the specific event that ended the second age, but sauron was still under the valar. i think anyway. i don't have the resources here to double check.

and like i said, i like for this guild to be true to the story, not an add on.

wait... i lied again. the end of the second age was the reclaimation of the simlar (spelling) by the house of fenor.

hm... i will deffinately have to re-read some of the books... the triligy only tells a small part of the vastness of the lore of middle earth. which is another part of what i want this guild to tell.

if you can get hold of the order of events, post it on here (atleast the parts you want to use) then i'll allow that. i remember most of what happened from the 1st-begining of 4th ages, but i cant remember the order perfectly.

come to think of it... this is how i remember it, and i am probalby wrong.

pre-1st age: shaping of middle earth
1st age: first born and time under the two trees
2nd age: release of melkor (morgoth) and then man comes in somewhere between 2nd and 3rd ages.
3rd age: Rings of power/waxing of eldar
4th age: Eldar almost gone from middle earth, Dominion of Man.

sorry for draging this post out. had to make up for my rudeness in responce.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:53 am
Didn't the first age have the creation of the dragons and Balrogs, as well as the true age of Numinor, and where the elf city of... Damn, the names gone. ><
The city Elrond was born in.

Or is that second age? The battle of the Silmarillions.

-------

Just a side note while I post. Within 6 months, I'll probably be joining the army. Logistics or Combat. Dunno for sure which yet.  

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

TurinTurambarSonOfHurin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:55 pm
Zero_2005
No. that can not be, because melkor was held in prison for the whole of the second age. i can't remember the specific event that ended the second age, but sauron was still under the valar. i think anyway. i don't have the resources here to double check.

and like i said, i like for this guild to be true to the story, not an add on.

wait... i lied again. the end of the second age was the reclaimation of the simlar (spelling) by the house of fenor.

hm... i will deffinately have to re-read some of the books... the triligy only tells a small part of the vastness of the lore of middle earth. which is another part of what i want this guild to tell.

if you can get hold of the order of events, post it on here (atleast the parts you want to use) then i'll allow that. i remember most of what happened from the 1st-begining of 4th ages, but i cant remember the order perfectly.

come to think of it... this is how i remember it, and i am probalby wrong.

pre-1st age: shaping of middle earth
1st age: first born and time under the two trees
2nd age: release of melkor (morgoth) and then man comes in somewhere between 2nd and 3rd ages.
3rd age: Rings of power/waxing of eldar
4th age: Eldar almost gone from middle earth, Dominion of Man.

sorry for draging this post out. had to make up for my rudeness in responce.
whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa, my good friend THE INTERNET says that 1st was the first born stuff AND war of wrath, and second age WAS sauron's time to shine. and third age is ya know...books... of course, wikipedia is edited by exxon and the MAN!!!! so ya know, i'm probably 99.9 to 99.99 % wrong...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:38 pm
Capt. Confusticus
whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa, my good friend THE INTERNET says that 1st was the first born stuff AND war of wrath, and second age WAS sauron's time to shine. and third age is ya know...books... of course, wikipedia is edited by exxon and the MAN!!!! so ya know, i'm probably 99.9 to 99.99 % wrong...
haha... negative.

The rings of power were created near the begining of the third age.

that much i know for damned sure.  

Zero_2005
Captain

TurinTurambarSonOfHurin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:37 pm
Zero_2005
Capt. Confusticus
haha... negative.

The rings of power were created near the begining of the third age.

that much i know for damned sure.
okay i just finished the quenta silmarillion, so maybe i got a good understanding now

first age: wars of beleriand and ended w/ war of wrath and drowning of beleriand

second age: my guess: ended w/ sauron's first defeat, begin after drowning of beleriand or just after

third age...ended with sauron's death, that i know.

i tried to be vague, so cause i have only just started akallbeth, so im no where near done.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:39 pm
Ranu Blackheart
Didn't the first age have the creation of the dragons and Balrogs, as well as the true age of Numinor, and where the elf city of... Damn, the names gone. ><
The city Elrond was born in.

Or is that second age? The battle of the Silmarillions.

-------

Just a side note while I post. Within 6 months, I'll probably be joining the army. Logistics or Combat. Dunno for sure which yet.
elrond? it was either gondolin, the isle of balar, or near that plave with the willow trees near the sirion. maybe cirdan's place to though.  

TurinTurambarSonOfHurin

Lord of the Rings: War of the Rings/The Rise of Sauron

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff