Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Ever experienced what I have??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[+Kami+]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:25 pm
Well...resently I had been finding that I was slowly falling away from God. I would continually pray to Him, always asking for forgiveness, and for Him to wash away my sins. However, everytime I did that, I'd find that some way or another, I'd completely go against my word. I'd always do somehting that I knew God hought was sinful. And everytime, following whatever I did, I'd ask for forgiveness, and the routine would continue.
Finally, I just stoped myself, and said, "You have to break this pattern. You need to do something". So I spoke to God for a long time, asking for forgiveness again, and promising Him that the routine was over.
After that time, I just stopped. I stopped the sins that I was comitting, and I just matured in the eyes of God. I believe that I have completly changed, and i am very proud of what I have done.
I just wanted to ask...Has any one else gone through what I have??  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:55 pm
Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. I know that there are things that we just can't stop doing, but that is OK. God will forgive you as long as you ask for forgiveness. You also have to mean it. Paul says in the Bible that everyone does things wrong even if we don't want to admit it. The heart is wicked. It just does things wrong. We know what we're doing is wrong, but we can't help but do it anyway. You just have to accept him. If you did already, that's great! This means that you will be tempted by sin now that you're following the Lord. It has happened to me, but I know that as long as I pray to God and ask for forgiveness, I will be forgiven. Just try not to sin. I know it's hard, but one day, you'll get over it. I hoped I helped you.  

paxromana200

Jubel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:19 pm
SweetestGoodbye
Well...resently I had been finding that I was slowly falling away from God. I would continually pray to Him, always asking for forgiveness, and for Him to wash away my sins. However, everytime I did that, I'd find that some way or another, I'd completely go against my word. I'd always do somehting that I knew God hought was sinful. And everytime, following whatever I did, I'd ask for forgiveness, and the routine would continue.
Finally, I just stoped myself, and said, "You have to break this pattern. You need to do something". So I spoke to God for a long time, asking for forgiveness again, and promising Him that the routine was over.
After that time, I just stopped. I stopped the sins that I was comitting, and I just matured in the eyes of God. I believe that I have completly changed, and i am very proud of what I have done.

I think all growing Christians have expiriences like this. Here's some advice: Don't ever think "I'm forigiven, everythings ok, no worries.". Don't settle for where you are. CONSTANTLY seek God, constantly spend time with Him. I've been trying to, and the Lord Has blessed me with happiness, perseverance, and has strengthened my faith. He's brought me this sense of peace I can't really explain. But this peace can be lost, so one must constantly seek Him.(Not that I'm saying you won't be saved, but things will be a whole lot easier.) Once you givee your life to Christ you don't just put your life on autopilot, you still have the controls and you have to make tough descisions and will go through rough times. He won't nessacarily take them away,but the Lord will pull you through them if you seek Him. Don't ever give up faith.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:04 am
Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate your guidenss. It all really helps me to understand everything! God Bless!  

[+Kami+]

Troa_6986

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:32 am
SweetestGoodbye

To tell you the truth I have been recently going through that..and it's nothing to be ashamed over..I'm still going through it..and i'm trying to fix this problem and with God it'll be possible..because he loves us!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:52 am
Troa_6986
SweetestGoodbye

To tell you the truth I have been recently going through that..and it's nothing to be ashamed over..I'm still going through it..and i'm trying to fix this problem and with God it'll be possible..because he loves us!!!

so true! its good to know that I'm not the only one experienceingg this! thanks for the reasureance!  

[+Kami+]

ShenHazuki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:15 pm
SweetestGoodbye

That happend to me with masturbation, but at camp i overcame it through prayer because it was a evil routine. but now its seems to started up again and i feel ashamed  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:17 pm
feel not ashamed of yourself for God does not feel ashamed of you... also feel not ashamed of God for Go does not feel ashamed of you.  

Kutsuke

tubbyflip

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32 pm
ya thats happend to me i think that happens to every christian  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:54 pm
i think that happens to every one once in a while we just need to get back on track and remember to step back and take a look at ourselves to make sure we're doing everything we should  

dnangel64

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:07 pm
Oh sure. I think everybody does that. You just need to pray to get reenergized for God. I even went through a phase where I didn't enjoy going to church and things like that but not long after that I started getting back into everything and enjoy going to church to fellowship with other people. Just find someway to grow closer to God whether it's listening to positive music of some sort, meditating, praying or just whatever pops in your mind. Perhaps you can ask advice from other people in your life who are Christian's on ways to get you back into the swing of things.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:46 pm
Yes, I've gone through that before. I repeatedly did the same sin over and over again. Each time, asking for forgiveness and doing it again, knowing I'm sinning while doing it. It pretty much resulted in feeling like crap and a sort of depression. I came to a point where I had to use self-control and willpower to not do the sin anymore. I just thought to myself you are the one letting yourself slip away and only you can stop yourself from going any further. I just thought how if I can't control this, then how's that going to affect my life later down the road. Recently, I've stopped and through God's grace and mercy, have gone on with my life. You feel so much better when God's in control and you're in His will.  

msu1020

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff