Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Death Note Liscensed!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be angry if they don't sell a hard copy?
  HECK YES!
  not really
View Results

tini_rini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:23 pm
~Teh Surgeon~
viz cant even get good voices *naruto*

They can't!!! I wish ADV had gotten it, they do voices alot better!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:10 pm
tini_rini
~Teh Surgeon~

I guess it does'nt really matter who does the voices because L and light is gonna be voiced by johnny bosch and crispan freeman anyways...they really need to hire some new VAs.  

Groovin Magic

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:07 pm
All I really have to say is damn VIZ got rights to it. They do some of the worst dubbing (not that English dubbing is ever good...not that I watch dubs for that matter) and can't translate their way out of a paper bag.

As far as their download thing I think I see what they are doing. The downloads should (note I said should) be cheap if not free. This is supposed to satisfy those of use who are going to download it before the dvd release anyway. The reason they will do a dubbed version then is the people who watch dubs generally play by the rules and will pay the price for the dub. They are trying to maximize their costs. Though, I some how doubt there won't be a dvd subbed release. Fans would get pissed and go to bootleggers and fansubbers for their dvds, or start a pettition against VIZ. The basic thing they are trying to do right now is corner the market on the anime by releasing it like a fansub group would. I don't mind, as long as they are prompt with their project.

That 'Breath Note' trailer is hillarious btw. rofl

As a side note RionaDaidouji, VIZ does put out anime. They have the rights to Inuyasha and Naruto. Their voices suck, and generally they are in acurate in their subtitiling, but they do fairly high quality dvds (if thats a plus...).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:22 am
I don't get it - why can't the American Licencers ever understand that Anime Fans more often than not want Subs not Dubs?

I mean, it's a reccuring theme with everyone I talk about Anime with, and yet I buy Vampire Hunter D (yes, it's incredible, but there is at least one Shop that sells Anime in England!! XD) and it's got no Japanese with Subs Option!!!  

rugged

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:34 pm
rugged
I don't get it - why can't the American Licencers ever understand that Anime Fans more often than not want Subs not Dubs?

I mean, it's a reccuring theme with everyone I talk about Anime with, and yet I buy Vampire Hunter D (yes, it's incredible, but there is at least one Shop that sells Anime in England!! XD) and it's got no Japanese with Subs Option!!!

The American anime companies are corperation run not fan run. They look at how they can make the bucks not how they can truelly please the fans. Some fans are in the companies, but most of the running is bussiness not fan. Also, they look at the American comic industry and run anime simmilar to that. They tend to forget that anime fans and US comic fans are a bit different.

There are a few stores like that in America. They are in California or Arizona. I buy stuff online from them. They have not only Japanese release dvds but manga in Japansese.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:19 pm
Groovin Magic
tini_rini
~Teh Surgeon~

I guess it does'nt really matter who does the voices because L and light is gonna be voiced by johnny bosch and crispan freeman anyways...they really need to hire some new VAs.
Seriously, they are? I like those voice actors...but I'm not sure if they suit L and Light. >.>

Don't tell me that Johnny Bosch is doing Light's voice, because that will make a very weird inside joke between me and my friend. mad D

duckinahurry1111

-Blind Voyeur-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 pm
Yeah, Viz does do some bad dubbing :/ 4Kids and FUNimation are far worse though XD

Either way it's not going to be good.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:39 am
rugged

I think they release dubs because they want to appeal to the people who are not hard core anime fans that would otherwise not watch it. My family has watched all the Studio Ghibli DVDs I own (as they are all one-shot movies)... but would not have watched any of them if they were subtitled.

I don't mind dubs if they are done well. The problem I think is that most companies get cheap when it comes to hiring voice actors.... or they hire the wrong voice actor to do a character. There's some dubs where I'd be listening to the voices thinking that it would be so much better if they had __________ doing a paticular character's voice. There are other dubs, especially older ones, where the voices just make me cry.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

tini_rini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 pm
Okay Officially confused on this now. I've heard it's not going to be released on dvd then I heard it was.... then I heard they're not going to dub it... and now they are? OMG can someone please set this straight for me?  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:44 am
I completely understand that VIZ is Death Note lisenced. My query would pertain to why are downloadable subs available online? I am finding them at many fansites posting such offerings within hours of the Nippon television airing.  

Mater Familiae

Miss Megaboo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:28 pm
..I just died inside....Indeed, DN IS coming to america...I actually CRIED when I saw the trailors...I truely did...Poor poor Light! It's a SHAME! I even have PR00F to this!

http://deathnote.viz.com/

Click on the link and watch the trailors on the right side...The first two don't look to bad...Wait till you watch the second one. I'm serious, I actually cried...The poor anime is butchered!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:47 pm
DOWN WITH DUBBS! DOWN WITH DUBBS!
I hate it when they think they can just put it in English. Yah know why everyone download? Because the prices are too high for me to be paying for freaking dubbs.  

the_noodle

[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games