Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  G
View Results

Shuma-Gorath

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:17 pm
Uriko1.0
I like respect within martial arts, exccept for people that only argue on the, well that style doesn't spar so they suck, and you'll never be good if you don't do this and that!
Well, you will never be a good Martial Artist if you don't spar. We fighters (ie ACTUAL MARTIAL ARTISTS) find it very very very very annoying when someone who only does kata and compliant drills come in and siphon the credit that some deserve.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 pm
Mangafairy

WoW! What dirty talking cowardly pigs!

You don't know the full story on this one, so keep your mouth/fingers shut on this one. And before you get uppity about it, I DO know what the whole story and am one of the "dirty talking cowardly pigs"(Bruce-Ganked-Lee).

AND THE ANTI-BULLSHIDO GUILD SHALL FOREVER LIVE ON!

....and Boston sucks....  

Keyboard Warrior

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 am
Boston sucks??????  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:58 pm
hey guys, bad conversations happen, intentionally or not.

but those people who purposefully are disrespectful of others arts, like flaming and saying that one art in particular sucks, and such things as that deserves no respect themselves, but yet still gets it because the rest of us should have the decency to not speak about them behind their back and if you want to say something, say it nicely, or don't say it at all. If you have an argument to pick, pick it when they're there, and in private pm so no one else has to read the bunch of bullshido that can come from it.

now chill out guys.  

nightwing773

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:57 pm
nightwing773

but those people who purposefully are disrespectful of others arts, like flaming and saying that one art in particular sucks, and such things as that deserves no respect themselves.

If they can back it up, then they DO deserve respect. Plenty of "masters" talk crap about other arts and yet when asked to put their money where their mouth is, they run away with their tails between their legs.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 am
then they don't deserve the respect they get from their rank.

just because masters do it doesn't mean it's right.

every art is as good as another, because no one is completely perfect at their art. no one. no one has no flaws, so it is not a completely fair fight. everyone has a weak area. I have a prblem going into throws from a pressure attack. I can't do it very well, and it's gotten me beaten. it just takes the opponent to see you weaknesses, not the strength of their art.  

nightwing773

Shuma-Gorath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:35 pm
nightwing773

every art is as good as another, because no one is completely perfect at their art. no one. no one has no flaws, so it is not a completely fair fight. everyone has a weak area. I have a prblem going into throws from a pressure attack. I can't do it very well, and it's gotten me beaten. it just takes the opponent to see you weaknesses, not the strength of their art.
Bullshit logic. Every art is as good as each other art, but every art is disadvantaged? Make up your mind. This has been the way it's been done for YEARS. China? Kung Fu schools fought over buisness this way for a looooooooong time. Japanese? Miyamoto Musashi killed and danced over the bodies. People didn't respect anyone unless they tested their skills on one another. It's how things get done in Martial Arts, not talking the talk, but walking the walk.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:17 pm
nightwing773

Your right, regardless of what other people say. No one is built the same way, and no one fights the same way. But really thats not the point, but at least somone sencible has stepped in. This argument has gone on for far to long. Wolf (yes im talking to you directly) 20 20 hind sight I know. But it probably would have been better to have just leave that whole thing behind you and move on. The same goes for the rest of you. if you have a problem with somthing somone says for crying out loud just dont read it and move on with your lives. There Ive said my peace if somone wants to argue with me and send me a nasty pm. Go right ahead and waste a few moments of your life. It doesnt take that long to write type out what you want to say. Ill be sure to delete it and move on. Ive got bigger things in my life to worry about right now.  

Roninofthewest

Mr. Cynical

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:04 pm
Roninofthewest
nightwing773

Your right, regardless of what other people say. No one is built the same way, and no one fights the same way. But really thats not the point, but at least somone sencible has stepped in. This argument has gone on for far to long. Wolf (yes im talking to you directly) 20 20 hind sight I know. But it probably would have been better to have just leave that whole thing behind you and move on. The same goes for the rest of you. if you have a problem with somthing somone says for crying out loud just dont read it and move on with your lives. There Ive said my peace if somone wants to argue with me and send me a nasty pm. Go right ahead and waste a few moments of your life. It doesnt take that long to write type out what you want to say. Ill be sure to delete it and move on. Ive got bigger things in my life to worry about right now.
Her logic is retarded. Every "art" is as good as the other? TKD is not as good as BJJ. Sorry it isn't. And YOU are the equivalent of France in this discussion.

If everyone followed the same pattern that you described, no one would introduce new ideas, or criticism. It'd be the same regurgitated s**t over and over and over again (which goes on forever in this guild). This type of pacifistic nonsense is just a big ******** circle jerk.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:37 am
Roninofthewest
nightwing773

*claps* well said lil' ninja ninja  

Mangafairy

Bruce Lee52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:20 pm
ghostpalm
no superiority or inferiority in martial arts, ya!

ghostpalm is right becuase it doesn't matter on the style. It's all about skill.  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff