Aikido Jokes and Cracks on Us Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:08 pm
I need some real Aikido or Jujutsu training for joint locks when I can I want to get into a class here but I have had a hell of a time just staying in my Kung Fu class. Every style is good for it's own reasons I sometimes do security and it's not good to punch or kick people you are trying to restrain so styles like this would work well my Kung fu training works if I am being attacked up close and need to fight back but I don't know much about locks and holds.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:28 pm
I also might take Aikido for the same reasons, in close combat, restraing someone etc.  

Shin2

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:46 pm
My main reason is that if I do any more security work it would help your not allowed to really strike people much being able to use locks is a big part of the job.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:29 pm
yeah, I do some up close and person styles like kung fu, but they don't do anything really with locks and points, aikido is all about finding those points and using them to your advantage. I love it just for that, I get into tight spots alot because I live in the worst part of the getto, so it helps me quite a bit when I need it, some of the moves are practical, but then some of them are no so practical, because they're hard to remember and take time to execute. But some are very very handy. biggrin Try it, you might like it.  

nightwing773

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:00 am
nightwing773
yeah, I do some up close and person styles like kung fu, but they don't do anything really with locks and points, aikido is all about finding those points and using them to your advantage. I love it just for that, I get into tight spots alot because I live in the worst part of the getto, so it helps me quite a bit when I need it, some of the moves are practical, but then some of them are no so practical, because they're hard to remember and take time to execute. But some are very very handy. biggrin Try it, you might like it.

Yea, and if you are quite a smallish person it helps a lot, I can't fight strength on strength and Aikido is good for that sort of person.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 am
Lol so true! I only buy shoes & pants that I can run/kick in, I've backfisted light switches, Sometimes I ask myself what technique I would use if some random stranger walking by attacked, I sometimes open doors with kicks, and a few others I can't remember too.  

Woglinde

ArtHic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:12 am
A lot of kung fu uses joint locks and throwing techniques, pretty much like Aikido.
Morisei Uesiba went to China and came back with his art -Aikido- improved.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 pm
wow, I did not know that! Thanks for the info!!!  

nightwing773

The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces