Submit

Would you join the military?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Aiki-Hooligan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:38 am
Hylonomus
Not true. 90% of knife wounds are to the forearms*. When properly used, the knife cuts deep, and your skin and muscles split open like a ripe tomato. That bad of a wound to the viens in your forearms can cause death in under a minute depanding on the amount and severity of the wounds.

*In an actual knife fight. Most knife wounds are to unsuspecting people's body.

True. And the worse part is...it isn't even the DAMAGE itself that does the person in...it's SHOCK.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:40 am
Mangafairy
Arunath
Quote:
In a sitiuation where you are carrying a gun, it's practical, but just because you are trained to use one doesn't make it the best defense. I know that I never have a weapon on me (not officially anyway). My one Sihing does arms training for whatever students want it, but I never bothered as i don 't even own a gun. I always space on the how to properly slice people open with a knife lessons too. I never carry a knife. Weapons are only good if you have them on you.

heheh... i'm trained in jet kune do.. i just want to have some training in guns...

Guns? They are no big deal... more people are killed by knives then guns, so if you are pragmatic then you would study knife attacks.

Guns are a big deal....especially here in America. And it's an even bigger damn deal if your opponent has a gun and you don't! lol  

Aiki-Hooligan

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:53 pm
I learnd to shoot as a kid my dad took me out and I would blow away old toys for fun. I think it's a good idea to start young and teach proper use of these tools. I knew groing up where the guns were in the house how to load them and how to blow away any one who tryed to get in wile I was alone at home. I learnd wht to shoot and what not to if a kid runs acros a gun it is more likely for a kid with no knowledge to be hurt than one who knows what there doing.

I only care about guns because it's the top weapon of our time I own a .45 single action at this time I only own 2 guns a .22 rifle and a cap and ball that I converted to use .45 Long Colt. Soon I plan to buy a nice handgun I can use for concealed carry I hope to get the license some time in the near future.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:01 pm
Wolf3001
I learnd to shoot as a kid my dad took me out and I would blow away old toys for fun. I think it's a good idea to start young and teach proper use of these tools. I knew groing up where the guns were in the house how to load them and how to blow away any one who tryed to get in wile I was alone at home. I learnd wht to shoot and what not to if a kid runs acros a gun it is more likely for a kid with no knowledge to be hurt than one who knows what there doing.

I only care about guns because it's the top weapon of our time I own a .45 single action at this time I only own 2 guns a .22 rifle and a cap and ball that I converted to use .45 Long Colt. Soon I plan to buy a nice handgun I can use for concealed carry I hope to get the license some time in the near future.

I was raised around firearms as well, and I respect them as the implements of death they are. This one is for all your anti-gun people out there: Guns don't kill people, ignorence does.  

Hylonomus
Crew

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:29 pm
If people are knowledgeable bad things wont happen as much some guy said that most gun related injuries happen in homes that own guns. That is dumb if I have a knife, gun, pice of paper in the house my chances of being hurt by it has increased. I know how to handel a knife I know not to mess around with a loaded gun and I dout I would hurt my self or any one elss.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:03 pm
Well I think it's time for me to update this little thread. My next subject is going to be the Isreali Army, which as most of you know will consist of Krav Maga. I may also talk about the weapons employed by the Hebrew forces such as the famous Uzi, the Galil and possibly the Jericho. I don't think I'll say much about the Desert Eagle though, as that is a sport weapon, and not intended for combat.

I appreciate all the help I can get when constructing this article, so feel free to foreward me websites and articles that I may find useful.  

Hylonomus
Crew

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:22 pm
I have a Krav Maga book if I can I will try to get some stuff for you to post or something later.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:55 am
I didn't grow up around guns at all....not one in our whole street that I know of. If the police here started using guns, then the criminals would have to equal them with better guns. But if our police don't use them then the crims don't feel the need to. There is a lot more knife crimes then rifle and other weapons.

But yes. I have been trained in a number 8 service rifle .22

I live in England theat is why I have little experience with them. When I went to America to see my cousins they had a whole differnet life. They could go out the back and shoot, they went hunting and their step-dad had a servise hand-gun (he's police) which I wouldn't go near. If I fired it it's probably smack me in the head!  

Mangafairy

Hylonomus
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:28 pm
Mangafairy
I didn't grow up around guns at all....not one in our whole street that I know of. If the police here started using guns, then the criminals would have to equal them with better guns. But if our police don't use them then the crims don't feel the need to. There is a lot more knife crimes then rifle and other weapons.

I live in England theat is why I have little experience with them. When I went to America to see my cousins they had a whole differnet life. They could go out the back and shoot, they went hunting and their step-dad had a servise hand-gun (he's police) which I wouldn't go near. If I fired it it's probably smack me in the head!

Wow... that's gotta be wierd not having any guns around. In America, we're surrounded by guns. Well... I guess the more sheltered white-collar communities probably don't have much experience with guns outside of a berretta or glock toted by the police. However, my friends and I all have not only handled and fired, but own a wide variety of handguns, shotguns, sniper rifles, and even assault rifles.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:19 am
My uncle lives next door to me he has a gun room where he reloads his ammo. He has bows, handguns, rifels and shotguns he has at least one SKS that I know of. Geting rid of guns don't make that much difference in my opinion you get rid of them and then every one starts using knives or other weapons and I don't feel any government has the right to take them away. England starting to get some crazy knife laws now to that right there would be enough to set me on a rampage.

I love my swords, axe, butterfly knife, kukri, throwing knives, stars, every bladed or blugeoning tool toy I own.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:07 pm
Wolf3001
My uncle lives next door to me he has a gun room where he reloads his ammo. He has bows, handguns, rifels and shotguns he has at least one SKS that I know of. Geting rid of guns don't make that much difference in my opinion you get rid of them and then every one starts using knives or other weapons and I don't feel any government has the right to take them away. England starting to get some crazy knife laws now to that right there would be enough to set me on a rampage.

I love my swords, axe, butterfly knife, kukri, throwing knives, stars, every bladed or blugeoning tool toy I own.

Wow quite a protection. A gun weaponry next to you while you use melee-weapons, that back off some robbers or so.

Appearently guns are the weapons of the future. You cant do a thing if your being shot from a distance. However even so, I still believe melee weapons such as swords are as good as guns. Good reflex+strong arms+good swordskill=possibly better then a gun (cept snipers, depending how far) in my view.

You couldn't be more wrong. A gun is better for pretty much any situation, there is a reason they don't outfit soldiers with swords. Even special forces assassins don't ******** with knives unless they have to, a silenced pistol is just as quiet nowadays.

It really comes down to the fact that me, with no combat experience, and my eighteen years of life, with an SKS could best Musashi with his greatest katana even at close range. By the time he brought his sword up, he'd already have half a clip in his chest.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:29 am
Hylonomus
Mangafairy

Wow... that's gotta be wierd not having any guns around. In America, we're surrounded by guns. Well... I guess the more sheltered white-collar communities probably don't have much experience with guns outside of a berretta or glock toted by the police. However, my friends and I all have not only handled and fired, but own a wide variety of handguns, shotguns, sniper rifles, and even assault rifles.

Wow! I am sure that there are lots of people around here that own things like Air Rifles and BB Guns, but not serious weapons...I'm sure some people do though. But America has a different attitude towards them. You can shoot rifles an guns with clubs and groups but they are usually pellet guns, unless you are in the Air training Corps (like me) and other military groups where you shoot 'real' rounds as it were. But it was really strange having rifle shops around and guns in bedrooms...  

Mangafairy

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:32 am
Miyavi San
Wolf3001

Wow quite a protection. A gun weaponry next to you while you use melee-weapons, that back off some robbers or so.

Appearently guns are the weapons of the future. You cant do a thing if your being shot from a distance. However even so, I still believe melee weapons such as swords are as good as guns. Good reflex+strong arms+good swordskill=possibly better then a gun (cept snipers, depending how far) in my view.

You couldn't be more wrong. A gun is better for pretty much any situation, there is a reason they don't outfit soldiers with swords. Even special forces assassins don't ******** with knives unless they have to, a silenced pistol is just as quiet nowadays.

It really comes down to the fact that me, with no combat experience, and my eighteen years of life, with an SKS could best Musashi with his greatest katana even at close range. By the time he brought his sword up, he'd already have half a clip in his chest.

Thats very sad...but true...like in Indian Jones where the Arabina guy starts swinging his swords and Indi pulls up a gun and shoots him...LMAO!  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff