Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:44 pm
Rockman JET
Mr._Stabby
Im not going to lie. That made no sence. Nintendo being the best is only an opinion mind you. And also just because Sony and Microsoft make other products doesnt mean they arent a video game company, that would just be ignorant. Sony does make first party titles (and I belive Microsoft has as well). And aren't video games entertainment? So wouldn't it make sence to include them in an entertainment company?

Sub catagories my man,

Nintendo makes entertainment but they make more video games ((hardware and software of games)) therefore they go under the catagory of video game company.

Sony makes entertainment but they make alot of different types of entertainment therefore they can't be considered a Video game only company but more of a company that produces lots of entertainment.

Microsoft makes entertainment for computers only not for music unless its on a computer, nor only video games, Therefore they shouldn't be consider over all entertainment but more of a Computer company.

as for Nintendo being the best video game company; look at Sega, Atari, Microsoft, and Sony. Why has Nintendo been around as long as it has with competition that always claims to be the best.
excellent points comrade. Nintendo is a video game company, the best in terms of originality, and survival.

look at sony's PS3, and market assumtions for the Wii by Nintendo. though Wii will come out 2 days after PS3, PS3 will get bought up by the rich, or be reserved for the store staff. as a result of lower stocks in stores for PS3, Wii's by Nintendo will be on shelves even on Christmas Eve, and families will need to communicate with eachother about their kids and relations in terms of who wants what gaming console.

an expected scenario by Market pros is this... shelves marked for the $500-$600 PS3 are empty either because rich people are buying it out of stupidity, or some idiots wasted their hard earned cash on a console thats gonna crash within six months. anyways, PS3's are gone, due to low stocking of shelves. parents with $500-$600 for a console burning a hole in their pocket/purse/wallet will notice the Wii shelves still stocked, kids and pro gamers alike having fun trying to get accustomed to the innovative Wii controller. this in the best case scenario will lead parents and relatives to buy the innovative Wii, why? because it's going to invite gaming even with some trouble at launch, the wii will have plenty in stock with double the number of consoles in stock.

PS3's stock was cut in half due to shortages of technology, I say sony cut it to minimize damage at launch.

Nintendo isnt gonna take a hit at launch, not at the rate nintendo is going, and Nintendo has made successes that far outweigh their failures.

sony and microsoft respectivly have failures that outweigh their successes in the console market.

Dr. Raptor's medical evaluation:
Nintendo is too stubborn to die, so it can handle the next generation by inovating the console industry.

Sony is pretty much dead thanks to PS3 having a $500-$600 price point, expensive overpriced games, and prettymuch a dwindled fan base.

Microsoft has a strong start, but it's gotta slow down or the steroids will weaken it significantly.

so Nintendo keep goin strong.

Sony put a gun to your heads and pull that trigger! but make sure there's bullets in the gun before you shoot yourselves.

Microsoft, drop out already, you got no place in a market originated in Japan.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:04 pm
RAPTOR948
Rockman JET
Mr._Stabby
Im not going to lie. That made no sence. Nintendo being the best is only an opinion mind you. And also just because Sony and Microsoft make other products doesnt mean they arent a video game company, that would just be ignorant. Sony does make first party titles (and I belive Microsoft has as well). And aren't video games entertainment? So wouldn't it make sence to include them in an entertainment company?

Sub catagories my man,

Nintendo makes entertainment but they make more video games ((hardware and software of games)) therefore they go under the catagory of video game company.

Sony makes entertainment but they make alot of different types of entertainment therefore they can't be considered a Video game only company but more of a company that produces lots of entertainment.

Microsoft makes entertainment for computers only not for music unless its on a computer, nor only video games, Therefore they shouldn't be consider over all entertainment but more of a Computer company.

as for Nintendo being the best video game company; look at Sega, Atari, Microsoft, and Sony. Why has Nintendo been around as long as it has with competition that always claims to be the best.
excellent points comrade. Nintendo is a video game company, the best in terms of originality, and survival.

look at sony's PS3, and market assumtions for the Wii by Nintendo. though Wii will come out 2 days after PS3, PS3 will get bought up by the rich, or be reserved for the store staff. as a result of lower stocks in stores for PS3, Wii's by Nintendo will be on shelves even on Christmas Eve, and families will need to communicate with eachother about their kids and relations in terms of who wants what gaming console.

an expected scenario by Market pros is this... shelves marked for the $500-$600 PS3 are empty either because rich people are buying it out of stupidity, or some idiots wasted their hard earned cash on a console thats gonna crash within six months. anyways, PS3's are gone, due to low stocking of shelves. parents with $500-$600 for a console burning a hole in their pocket/purse/wallet will notice the Wii shelves still stocked, kids and pro gamers alike having fun trying to get accustomed to the innovative Wii controller. this in the best case scenario will lead parents and relatives to buy the innovative Wii, why? because it's going to invite gaming even with some trouble at launch, the wii will have plenty in stock with double the number of consoles in stock.

PS3's stock was cut in half due to shortages of technology, I say sony cut it to minimize damage at launch.

Nintendo isnt gonna take a hit at launch, not at the rate nintendo is going, and Nintendo has made successes that far outweigh their failures.

sony and microsoft respectivly have failures that outweigh their successes in the console market.

Dr. Raptor's medical evaluation:
Nintendo is too stubborn to die, so it can handle the next generation by inovating the console industry.

Sony is pretty much dead thanks to PS3 having a $500-$600 price point, expensive overpriced games, and prettymuch a dwindled fan base.

Microsoft has a strong start, but it's gotta slow down or the steroids will weaken it significantly.

so Nintendo keep goin strong.

Sony put a gun to your heads and pull that trigger! but make sure there's bullets in the gun before you shoot yourselves.

You also forgot to mention that Microsoft has already lost money on the 360.  

Rockman JET

Lickitung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:58 pm
Actually, I'm a large Britney Spears fan. And people might tell you that she has the right to spit on your shoes, but since you haven't heard that from her or even met her, I'd say you wouldn't know much about what she would and wouldn't do. Same with Sony and whatnot. I defend Nintendo as far as Videogames, but on the whole Sony produces a lot more than Nintendo. I think that Microsoft is better than both Nintendo and Sony on the whole, despite the fact that I dislike X-box immensely. There really isn't any deep discussion here: some brands are better than others, whether or not you like some of their products less than others.

>.<  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:06 pm
RAPTOR948

How do you figure?

RAPTOR948

Well, I'm yet to notice a "dwindling fanbase". I have a gamecube, but have been waiting for about 5 months for a decent, new game to get; Sony has lots RPGs and other new, interesting games getting released that I can't get. People love the playstation because of it's variety and because of it's steady flow of interesting games; what's the last hit game you've heard of getting released exclusively on X-Box or Gamecube?

RAPTOR948

...That's a REALLY weak arguement. Perhaps we should tell Honda and Toyota that they've got no place in an American market?  

Lickitung

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:44 pm
Quote:

Survivalbility? Mabye. Originalty? Thats opinion.

Quote:

I aggree with you on all except for the PS3 being bought buy the rich. its not that expensive.

Quote:

So im assuming you know first hand that the PS3 will crash? It will sell out due to shortages not because idits buy it. And why would it be stupid to buy a ps3? People might want to buy because they want one or to sell it on ebay for twice the price since you can make some money. And you DO know that Sony still has a massive fanbase....

Quote:

Minimize damge? They did it cause there were shortages. Or would you want PS3s everywhere glitching up?

Quote:

Nintendo has made some big mistakes, they stayed with the cartriges for the 64, they had little to no third party support for the gamecube, and they didnt include multimedia or online play. Those where some big mistakes but not big enough to outweigh the success.

Quote:

give examples before making accusations.

Quote:

Price was dropped in Japan, you can't say the games are overpriced when the officail price has been released yet, and they still have a large fanbase.

Quote:

Clarify please, I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. neutral

Quote:

That, I must say has no point in being here. Its not like it was carved in stone that Japan is the only one that can make consoles.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:59 am
Quote:

That, I must say has no point in being here. Its not like it was carved in stone that Japan is the only one that can make consoles.

now hold on you two, The first system was made in North America by ralph Baer, video games originated in North America not Japan. Most consoles are produced in Japan but could be made over here.

Quote:
Quote:

Clarify please, I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. icon_neutral.gif

What he means is once the others join in the reindeer game's they might lose their fans ,not saying they would stop but more like slow down. In meaning when the others come out, microsoft must quickly come out with games that are huge hits that will get the system noticed and not left behind in the dust. Since 360 launched early they have a strong lead in the race that is next gen. machines for gaming.  

Rockman JET

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:52 pm
Rockman JET
The_Ky-Guy
I totally agree on that! No single company is the best. But the problem is that nobody seems to notice that at all, which is why we have the console wars.

If only we can convince the world that there is no "best company," maybe the console wars can stop.

I'm guessing the reason you don't take sides is because you don't want to be beaten up. ((Besides Nintendo is the better and only "video game" company I mean they are the only ones who are making systems and game software and nothing else (((do note there are third party video game companies too its just they don't make the system but the game instead))). As for sony they make cd players and etc... therefore they are more of an entertainment company. As for mircosoft they make computers to so they are more of an "computer company"))
While it is true that Nintendo is the only console producing video game company (with Sony being a general electronics company and Microsoft being a computer company), I find it more appropriate to say "I like Nintendo the best" rather than saying "Nintendo is the best comapny." It's just more polite.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:59 pm
Quote:
now hold on you two, The first system was made in North America by ralph Baer, video games originated in North America not Japan. Most consoles are produced in Japan but could be made over here.

I thought the first console was made in the USA but I didnt want to mention it since I wasn't sure.
And I agree with your other point.

Quote:
What he means is once the others join in the reindeer game's they might lose their fans ,not saying they would stop but more like slow down. In meaning when the others come out, microsoft must quickly come out with games that are huge hits that will get the system noticed and not left behind in the dust. Since 360 launched early they have a strong lead in the race that is next gen. machines for gaming.

Ah I see, which makes sense anyway. THough it must be noted that Microsoft do have some very nice looking games coming out this fall. 3nodding  

Mr._Stabby

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:27 am
Sony=bullshit simple as that.

sony is only "best brand" because they have so many markets covered. the bastards.  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff