Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Hopefully 4kids doesnt find out about it.... Edits Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hatlesschild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:47 pm
Perhaps they could find a way to cut out Ryuk and replace him with a tall pink bunny with wings made out of candy.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:14 pm
YaminoSadame
zephyrkitty

Death Note's been licensed by Viz. Everyone can rest easy now.

I'll probably watch an episode of the dub and decide then. The japanese voices are really good, though, so they have their work cut out for them if they want to top the original.

I really hope it doesn't get shown on TV though, especially not on Adult Swim. The only anime that typically do well on TV are shonen action series. Despite being published in Shonen Jump, Death Note doesn't have much action, so it probably won't do well on TV. Besides, it'd probably be more likely to appeal to fans of Detective Conan than InuYasha, and Conan flopped on Adult Swim.

I know VIZ got it. It makes me cry. They've gotten a little better over the years, but their translations suck.

I won't watch the dub. There have been a grand total of three anime that have had good dubs and I'm honestly scared to watch a dub. Besides the Japanses voices are very good.

I agree, I don't really want it to air on tv. One reason is it'll get slaughtered and changed to fit the audience. Another reason is it'll gain the fan base that other anime have. I don't mean the fun fanbase, but the anime trendy people who watch anime because its the cool thing.
Viz is the licensor... they have 2 studio's that do the anime. Ocean Studio's which did Inuyasha, Gundam Seed, Tokyo Underground and Ayashi no Ceres... the second studio is STUDIOPOLIS which did Bleach, Naruto and Digimon. I think the Ocean Group is doing Death Note and if they do thank god because STUDIOPOLIS sucks.

Ocean Group's Work Vs. STUDIOPOLIS, Inc. work  

Kazuki Taro

xv2000

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:58 am
http://shadownote.ytmnd.com/

I hope not  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm
xv2000
http://shadownote.ytmnd.com/

I hope not

That made me laugh so hard As a sequel to DN that could possibly work, you know? Kinda sorta. Maybe. I'd love to see how the creators would make that mess.

There's always the possiblity that DN, considering it fanbase, will be aired on Cartoon Network or Anime Network. I somewhat doubt it, because everything on CN has been drawn by Gonzo and most of it's licensed by FUNimation and ADV.

Let's hope not! I'm all for the note gaining fame, but DN turning into Naruto = for the lose.

Covered-Up Boxers

Pickle Inspector

Hilarious Grabber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:05 am
that would be impossible! it shows people dying! or would they make them fall asleep instead of die?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:38 pm
The children watching will wonder if they can also purchase a "Sleep Note"....which sounds really wrong but I'm going off of what scatman john just said..............  

the_noodle

Agorna

Hunter

6,125 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:54 pm
Maybe to make it more kid-friendly they could introduce the Death Eraser (like the pilot) and have everyone come back to life in the end.
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:07 pm
aeonfan95
am i right? they would ******** screw it bad. it would just be called Note and about a kid who likes to write in his journal. neutral

no see theyd want it bc they think its evil and violent and they must change it!
No, even worse, they would edit out the blood and curse words and call the Shinigami angels. XD  

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:17 pm
zephyrkitty
mew_mew_mi-chan
I'd actually love to see a sample of what it'd look like if 4Kids got it, and I mean from 4Kids just for shits and giggles.

Ask and you shall recieve.

Parodies are hilarious.
DAMN IT YOUTUBE! DAMN IT! It's gone!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:12 am
Oh my god, no. After seeing the name change, OP & ED change in CCS, Shaman King and Pokemon (I'M FINE WITH THIS ONE ACTUALLY. O.O)-- I dunno what they'll do.  

liszst

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:38 am
x_puppeteer_x_doll_x
zephyrkitty
mew_mew_mi-chan
I'd actually love to see a sample of what it'd look like if 4Kids got it, and I mean from 4Kids just for shits and giggles.

Ask and you shall recieve.

Parodies are hilarious.
DAMN IT YOUTUBE! DAMN IT! It's gone!

They removed it? No! At least they left Casey and Friends...

Here it is.

And for all of you who are against DN being on TV, Viz confirmed that it's going to be shown on Adult Swim. That means minimal, if any, edits, but it still doesn't strike me as fitting in with their other shows.  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games