*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Can people with mental defects be saved??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you be loved by Jesus after you have killed someone?
  YES definitly.
  NO. God said no killing.
  Maybe I am unclear on this one.
View Results

promised_child

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:37 am
Reformed Baptist
promised_child
what is that supposed to mean? do you dare imply that because i disagree with YOU i am going to be punnished? I think of God as the LOVING father I didnt have growing up. He is the God who Jesus called ABBA- Father.

I never said that because of your flawed thinking of God, you will be punished. Never said that at all. What I meant was that you should be careful on how you think. Because you are claiming that you know God but yet you deny Scripture that I have quoted about God.

promised_child
a personable God who loved the world so much He sent His Son to die for us. the WORLD is all of humanity. again i quote John 3:13-18

Now you are repeating yourself and ingoring what I have said in the past.

John 3:10-21
Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

For God so loved the world... Not every man in the world is here meant, or all the individuals of human nature; for all are not the objects of God's special love, which is here designed, as appears from the instance and evidence of it, the gift of his Son: nor is Christ God's gift to every one; for to whomsoever he gives his Son, he gives all things freely with him; which is not the case of every man. Nor is human nature here intended, in opposition to, and distinction from, the angelic nature; for though God has showed a regard to fallen men, and not to fallen angels, and has provided a Saviour for the one, and not for the other; and Christ has assumed the nature of men, and not angels; yet not for the sake of all men, but the spiritual seed of Abraham; and besides, it will not be easily proved, that human nature is ever called the world: nor is the whole body of the chosen ones, as consisting of Jews and Gentiles, here designed; for though these are called the world, Joh 6:33; and are the objects of God's special love, and to them Christ is given, and they are brought to believe in him, and shall never perish, but shall be saved with an everlasting salvation; yet rather the Gentiles particularly, and God's elect among them, are meant; who are often called "the world", and "the whole world", and "the nations of the world", as distinct from the Jews; see Rom 11:12, compared with Mat 6:32.

promised_child
as for logic, the Bible is the most logical

You mean that the Bible is the most human logical?

if I had meant that the Bible is the most logical book by human logic I would have said that, but alas you misunderstood me and that isnt what I said.

i still dont understand your docrtrine. please explain it to me using two or more witnesses from the WHOLE Bible.

As for Gods love-

AGAPE means unconditional all encompassing love.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:06 pm
OK I am promised_childs Dad and a Pastor also.

I see that you have taken the Bible out of context many times. your arguments are not vallid. God gave us all a free will. Even the so called mentally defcient. I happen to have 3 mentally challenged children. I have no doubt they are saved and they understand that Yeshua (Jesus) came and died for them as well as everyone else. God does not pick and choose it is up to us to choose Him. If you do not not then the options are bleak to say the least.

Your choice believe what you want it is up to you. When judment time comes and it is quickly approaching, what will you say? No one told me well I am telling you. I know baptist have there problems and so does every other denomination. The point is the Bible is the truth. I could tell you all kinds of verses to back me up but what is the point if all you will do is take them out of context. My daughter is right you know with what she has told you. I have read all the information so far.

Pastor K  

promised_child

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:08 pm
promised_child's Father
OK I am promised_childs Dad and a Pastor also.

I see that you have taken the Bible out of context many times. your arguments are not vallid. God gave us all a free will. Even the so called mentally defcient. I happen to have 3 mentally challenged children. I have no doubt they are saved and they understand that Yeshua (Jesus) came and died for them as well as everyone else. God does not pick and choose it is up to us to choose Him. If you do not not then the options are bleak to say the least.

Your choice believe what you want it is up to you. When judment time comes and it is quickly approaching, what will you say? No one told me well I am telling you. I know baptist have there problems and so does every other denomination. The point is the Bible is the truth. I could tell you all kinds of verses to back me up but what is the point if all you will do is take them out of context. My daughter is right you know with what she has told you. I have read all the information so far.

Pastor K

I don't deny human freewill however I question its ability. Where do you get this idea that freewill has the ability to seek God, the Creator? How can this freewill be any different than an atheist's will or anybody else's will? Truly, if you did read my arguments, why have you not respond to them directly? My arguments are not based on a Baptist denomination, its based on the Word of God. I'm not attacking the mentally deficient. I'm attacking the modern popular belief that mankind has the ability to save themselves by believing in Christ according to human will.

Pastor K. I ask one thing, just one thing, read all of Ephesians carefully and slowly. That's it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 pm
uh, yeah. your pastor doesnt know what he is talking about. anyone can be saved as long as their faith preveals. if he has committed murder, then that is another case. as long as he regrets all his life and does things to cleanse himself. asking for the Lord's forgiveness is a start.  

sunshinehearttrob

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces