Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 am
There was plenty of celebrate - four new Wingriders was a plenty big deal, and T’mor had made sure to decorate for the occasion. Phylideth had been forced from his ledge and had retreated off to the Weyrlake instead in a huff. The last thing we need is you getting your head stuck again, T’mor stated firmly. He was answered with a wave of pouting anger laced with none of the malice one would expect of a tantrum. That’s my ledge, he reminded with the mental equivalent of a frown.

He’d curtained off his sleeping area, then with some help had a few large tables dragged in, both placed so they blocked off access. The spread of food across them was far more interesting than his bed anyways - drinks of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic variety, Igen Style Wherry, some sort of braised Herdbeast, Skewers, bread, Tubers in a few styles, and even a few stews. Clearly, T’mor had played some favors and batted some eyelashes for his set up.

But a warm welcome was necessary.

Several benches and free-standing chairs, as well as smaller tables, had also been set up both inside the weyr and out onto his ledge - which is where he stood, greeting everybody as they joined him.

“So ends the easiest turn of your lives! Welcome to Yokohama, G’ryl, N’man, A’te, Vennodren, and Shahera. While your lifemates may not fit inside for the festivities, rest assured they’ll have plenty to do in coming days. So please, eat, greet, meet the people who will have your back and hopefully you’ll settle in just fine!”

Outside, Phylideth stalked the lake, tail thrashing from side to side while he puffed his chest out to show off how very important he was.

ShinosBee

A'iel & Nasath

Nilah44

Vesin & Kelilayth

MoonRazor

A'rell & Azoth

Skieborne

G’ryl & Sarcoth

Mewsings of an Angel

Yarala & Vorzeth

Hattaki

Nicara & Diesteth

Andranis

N'man & Fantoth

DruidTigeress
Salva & Altoth

Stella Cinere

S'tar & Cuteth
A’te & Dokkaeth

houllow
Euryale & Theath

tatterpixie
P'fax & Craith

Meepfur
Ralla & Firith

faesinger
Shahera & Therianth

SilverLutz
Vennodren & Nzambith

Nasharwyn
R'mo & Breluth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm
Isn't this exciting, Nzambith? Our first meeting with our new wing! Oh, I hope everyone is as ready as I am to get going! Vennodren was grinning from ear to ear as he made his way up to T'mor's weyr after getting his assignment to the Yokohama wing after graduation. He was so giddy with excitement he had very nearly jumped off Nzambith's back while she was still a good fifteen feet in the air, but the gloomy green had lifted a careful talon to keep him in place.

Said gloomy green was circling above, a bit put-out that she couldn't join Vennodren in the weyr. She disliked being away from him for any period of time, not used to not being by his side constantly. It had taken a lot of reassurance and some of her favorite treats - wherry brains - to convince her to mingle with her own kind while Venn met the rest of his human wing. He'd be there to talk to her, he had said, and if she got too lonely she could always return to their own weyr on the beach and wait for him to return.

I don't think anyone is as excited as you, unfortunately, Nzambith said as she spotted a splotchy brown dragon strutting around by the lake. She sent a little picture to Venn with a questioning feeling to go with it, and the rider urged her to go down to him. With a dip of her wing the green spiraled down, landing rather hard on the sands not far from where the brown was making a big show. She watched with dull yellow eyes before another little push from Venn urged her to speak. It took her a few moments to gather up the willpower to do so, but finally she offered a rather depressed-sounding greeting to the other dragon.

Hello.

Vennodren could see the lake from the weyr as he finally reached the ledge and although he could feel Nzambith's nervousness of being accepted, he was so overwhelmed with his own delight at meeting his new wing that he let her be for now. She could do it.

"Wow, look at all this," he said as his eyes were drawn to the spread laid out before them all, and as T'mor welcomed him and the other new wingriders he gave a grin and a wave to their leader.

"Thanks! I can't wait to get started! Well, I mean, I'm not itching for Thread to fall but it's just mind-boggling to finally be here." The year had been a long one, but finally - finally! - Vennodren was a fully fledged rider. He and Nzambith had survived their first Threadfall run, they had graduated, and were now in an official wing with experienced fighters who would rely on them to have their backs some day soon.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm
You are eager to meet the new wingriders? Azoth's question came as A'rell made his way to Phylideth's ledge. The burly brown was circling above the lake, making his way leisurely down to the familiar splotchy brown.

Of course, my friend. We all need to look out for the others. A'rell paused, watching Azoth descended behind Nzambith. Try not to provoke anyone tonight.

It was a hollow warning. Azoth never tried to provoke. It simply happened. The big brown was not known for his ability to filter himself - nor, it seemed, did he feel the need for it.

A'rell made his way out onto the ledge, greeting T'mor with a grin and stick out a thick, calloused hand to Vennodren. "Welcome, friend," he said, the warmth in his voice sincere. "I'm A'rell. Glad to have you."

Outside, Azoth had arrived on the sands, landing with a whumpf that was characteristic of his bulk. Phylideth, he said without fanfare. You needn't strut around that way. It won't make us think you're more important.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 am
While he hadn't said to bring something, he didn't say not to bring something, and Euryale had somehow needled her sweet and wonderful (the best on Pern) husband into helping her make something so she could bring something. Euryale left to her own devices would have created a food that would destroy the lot before Thread could, and naturally she was ever so thankful that A'star was the most perfect man who could handle even last minute requests. Selfish requests, but a request none the less because really - would he ever tell her no? She wouldn't tell him no to anything if only he'd asked, and the woman sighed as she approached T'mor's area with her arms full of sweets.

This was her first real meeting back with her wing after giving birth and raising Nugget, so she expect perhaps a little side eye over the fact she'd chosen to rear a child (again) over handing them off to the creche. If they did side eye she could side eye back, perhaps even stare them down, but whatever. Her mood was too amazing, her husband had been wonderful, and even Theath was in somewhat of a good mood despite being pulled away from Miryath's side.

Which, speaking of, the green was settling down by the weyrlake where the other dragons of her Wing had arrived. Her motions were delicate and slow, if not hesitant, as she wasn't quite as certain of her welcome back as her rider might have been. While Euryale thought very little of the opinions of others, Theath wore them like a blanket.

Bowing her head in polite greeting , she kept her gaze down so as not to be too forward. Greetings, my wingmates. I thank you as always for allowing me and Mine to join you today in welcoming others to our fight.

Her speech was ever connected to Euryale, who was annoyed at the passiveness her dragon had taken. Come on girl, step it up!! They were going to be fighting again soon, no need to let babies walk all over her! That being said the woman marched her way in, beaming brightly. "T'mor, love! Where should I put these?" She was loud, happy, and looking over the new and old faces. "Can't have enough sugar to lift spirits, yanno, now that we got some new blood and returning blood in this place."

demon_pachabel
MoonRazor
SilverLutz

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am
There was no way for Azoth to make himself look small. He was roughly a dragon's equivalent to a powerlifter, seeming to take up more space than perhaps he really did. Still, as Theath made her delicate descent onto the sands of the weyrlake, the brown did his best to tuck in his wings and allow more room for the others around him. There was plenty of space, but he felt compelled to try anyway.

Theath, he said in greeting, straightforward as always. You are part of the wing. You needn't be allowed before joining us in anything.

A'rell, meanwhile, had spotted the sweets that accompanied Euryale as she entered. "Euryale!" He called out with a wide grin on his face. He liked her - she reminded him of his sister, with the same kind of fiery spirit and defiant energy that Camriel wielded like dual weapons in a world that sometimes aimed to take her down. There was much to admire in women like that - indeed, anyone like that.

"You're not trying to weigh us all down with sweets so you'll have an easier time keeping up now that you're back, are you?" He teased with a twinkle in his eye. "It'll take more than a basket of sugar to slow us down, y'know."

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Stretched out and lounging by the lake, ever blue eyes that nearly matched the pale color of hide around them watched as Phylideth paced to and fro with just the faintest of amusement humming in his mind. Though the brown was only slightly younger than he and considerably larger and longer he often carried himself with an air that Diesteth could constantly find amusement in, but he was wise enough to quash the desire to chuckle when it arose because despite these truths the blue respected his wingleader from the bottom of both his hearts. Never once had he any reason to doubt the brown's strength and skill and would be the first to lash into any that spoke ill of him with a razor tongue should the need arise. His wingmates were his family and he'd no doubt they felt the same way, however he was still only a slight bit wary of the newcomers and his cool nature was showcased in how he merely watched all those appearing without uttering a word of welcome.

They had proven themselves against thread and so were commendable, but as he didn't yet know them it would take time to win the large blue over just as his wingmates had. Still there was that firm hand in the back of his mind that requested he be on his best behavior, no sarcasm, no keeping completely silent the entire time, it was a chance to get to know them all and be friendly. With something like annoyance vibrating between his connection to his rider, Diesteth trilled out a welcome to all those arriving and inclined his head without another sound. He preferred a bit of distance in the interest of keeping everything calm but he was part of the wing as well.

Rolling her own blue eyes at her dragon, Nicara entered with a bow into T'mor's weyr and settled at the edge of it all carefully with a reserved smile and a nod. "Thank you T'mor and welcome to all of you." Her voice was quiet despite what she'd said to her own dragon, who took the opportunity to needle her about it rather smugly, but at least she'd spoken a welcome. It wasn't nervousness or shyness that kept her quiet, just her own underlying personality issues that she'd been informed of time and again. Added to the mix was a healthy dollop of longing thanks to recent events that had no bearing on this night, so she kept to herself a bit even if she put a hand on the violin in her lap.

She had played before for them, of course, but that bit was the only part that made her nervous in the least, that she might find those that didn't wish to hear it or disliked her playing in any way. She could always push it aside and simply enjoy a sweet or two in good company.

demon_pachabel

MoonRazor

SilverLutz

houllow

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm
It was her first night as a full rider and Shahera was giddy in that appearing almost tipsy way. She was dressed rather flamboyantly as today was not a day she needed to be practical. Therianth had even insisted on having ribbons tied to her headknobs which reminded Shahera of that first night a year ago when she had tried to do just that. She was all smiles as T’mor spoke and as others piped up. “Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome and inviting us here. Therianth and I look forward to this new chapter in our lives.” She grinned at T’mor. “I look forward with a slight amount of dread to how you plan to make our lives more difficult.”

Therianth settled by the lake near her new leader. Hello everyone. She couldn’t not bat at Phylideth’s tail as he passed. Phylideth, is it really so bad as all that?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:08 pm
The lake was becoming quite a place to be - such lovely greens for Phylideth to look over appreciatively and...Azoth, who seemed all so willing to comment on things he was wrong about. No fights, this will be your first impression on our new Wingriders, T'mor reeled his lifemate in, reminding him that he was in fact very important and had to act appropriately so. A little give and take with his ego, as it were.

So he let the comment pass - barely. Perhaps not without due cause, Phylideth reminded, before turning his attention pleasantly to the unfamiliar greens. Hello, Nzambith! It is a fine day for a celebration - and we are happy to celebrate you! Some of the phrasings were passed along helpfully by T'mor. He nearly jumped when Therianth batted at his tail, turning on a dime to look her over as well. The last time I had a visitor on my ledge he got his head stuck in the door.... he informed Therianth as though this was the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

It was all Nasath's fault, after all.

Theath was a slightly more familiar face, though she and hers had been out of the throng of things for a while. It is a surprise to see you without Miryath, Phylideth hardly ever saw the two apart, though he suspected it would become a common sight. A mental swat did cause him to look up towards where the green in question perched on her ledge, reminding him that she was keeping an eye on him, should he try anything with her Theath.

"As excited to be here as one can be, considering," T'mor agreed with Vennodren, laughing heartily. "We're happy to have you!"

Not that he needed to say it after A'rell already had. "Azoth is looking fine as always," he praised, taking a moment to peer down where Phylideth was taking stock of everybody. He'd wrapped the tendency to tantrum up in one mental fist and was holding it tightly. That boy would not be throwing a fit.

Nicara had even brought her violin again, and T'mor nodded approvingly. "That song you played last time..." he gestured with one hand, brows furrowing together as he tried to remember what it was called, "I liked it. Perhaps later you could regale us with it again?"

"Make your life more difficult, hmm? Well if you're looking forward to it, I'll have to think of something real good so I don't disappoint," T'mor couldn't help but laugh again, though he was fairly certain anything he came up with would hardly daunt the young woman and her green.

Of course, Euryale had brought goodies with her. Hardly phased, the Wingleader gestured to the spread he'd arranged. "Wherever you can find space, Euryale. Do you need me to take some of that off your hands?"

SilverLutz

MoonRazor

Faesinger

houllow

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 pm
Theath rumbled apologetically at Phylideth's words, the green lowering her head down. It was true she would have given anything to be at her beloved's side rather than here but she had duties, much as Euryale did. Of course she could tell she was being watched and protected by the way the Wingleader's dragon had responded. I have my responsibilities to my Weyr and my Wing that outweigh my hearts. Theath would always be duty-bound if only because Euryale's enthusiasm for things kept it that way; were she to honestly have her choice she would be cuddled against her sister, or at least have the more assertive green down here with her. But do not worry, any of you. Our time away has not hampered our service in the slightest, and we are honored to be back among the old and new.

Azoth had gotten as much of a kind and affectionate thrum as she dared to give, least he think she was being forward. She'd noticed how he'd moved for someone as small as her without being asked, and even greeted her so kindly. Yes, she was rather fond of this brown - but only on a level so much as her sister would allow. Miryath would dictate the depths of her affections, she knew, and was more than pleased for that to remain. It is always so nice to see you Azoth. And you as well, Diesteth. Her eyes rolled, for the faintest of flickers, a lively purple. She did enjoy them, even down to the antics of the newest additions to the wing. Therianth and Nzambith did not get any words from the green, not out of a snub no, but rather she simply....wasn't sure if it was her place to be so bold at this time.

Meanwhile inside the weyr, Euryale gave a laughing slap away at A'rell and his words. "Well yanno, I was gone so long with the latest kiddo I gotta find a way to get back on the playing field. Even it out so to speak, make you all wonder how you've managed to survive without me these past few months." Ugh, she could say and laugh and joke about it so easily but she knew she'd been gone a while and there had been some serious butting of heads when she'd said she was going to keep and rear the baby long enough that it'd be okay to come back. No regrets there, only hands full now of sweets and faces she'd missed. "And T'mor, you can take them if you want but be careful. My husband made these." It wasn't a warning on their flavor, oh no, but a warning that the Wingleader better not drop or ruin them before people had a chance to eat them. Wasting something A'star had made was akin to slapping Euryale in the face.

"Nicara!" She'd said no more about that, instead moving on in her rounds as she handed off a few things and set a few others down. It was so good she brought sweets, really. What would they do without her? "Is that music I see you've brought? Faranth knows I've been longing to hear you play and it looks like I've lucked out. And these two , such bright new faces - on lovely greens no less." Vennodren and Shahera got massively wide grins as the woman had to restrain herself from giving them hugs. "Not that I'm biased or anything, but you've come to the best wing in Western."

demon_pachabel
SilverLutz
MoonRazor
Hattaki
faesinger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:53 pm
It seemed the majority of the wingriders were equally as jovial and excited as Vennodren himself was which was a great sign. The greenrider could adjust his energy to fit a room, but his general state of being was happy and bubbly so he was glad that it was met well with his new peers. Being a cohesive part of whatever wing he was going to join had been a huge deal for him and Venn was delighted at the reception he was getting thus far.

"A'rell, so glad to meet you!" Venn said in return, shaking the offered hand enthusiastically. Another rider entered laden with sweets and pulled both of the men's eyes towards her and her gift. Vennodren couldn't wait to start eating but he figured it would be rude to dive right in considering he was new, so he'd let T'mor dictate when was time to begin. A quiet voice drew his attention and he spotted another woman off to the side - had she been there this whole time? So sneaky! - to whom he gave a little wave. He'd have to get her name later.

His attention was pulled back to the bubbly, sweets-toting woman as she turned to address him and the other new rider. He gave a little bob of his head, his cheeks flushed with delight at the praise Nzambith was given even at a distance.

"The more greens the merrier in my opinion," Venn agreed, not at all shameful about his bias. He'd loved greens long before he Impressed and the fact that one had chosen him still tickled him even over a year later. "Those look wonderful," he added, glancing back to the platter that T'mor was now laden with. "You said your husband made them? What a talent!"

Despite her worry about fitting in, Venn's infectious delight did warm Nzambith's core a bit as more dragons settled in around her. She felt very small amid the browns that had gathered but there were a few other green sisters that made her feel more part of the crowd. She gave a little bob of her head towards Phylideth as he greeted her but otherwise remained silent, unsure of what her place among these older dragons was just yet. Among her siblings she knew her place, but here? It was a mystery still. Another trill of welcome alerted Nzambith to the lone blue thus far that had settled off a ways from the group, still close enough to be a part of the conversation but far enough to keep to himself. She stared at him with yellow-tinged green eyes, happy to be here but nervous all the same. Perhaps it would be better if she shuffled away from the group to remain on the outskirts like him?

She shifted her weight a bit and slowly took a step back, letting the dragons that knew one another chat and enjoy the other's company. Without Vennodren at her side her confidence was severely lacking. They certainly wouldn't want a dull, slow thing like her joining in their little reunion. It would be better if she just backed away and laid down to rest, wouldn't it?

houllow

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Hattaki

MoonRazor

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers