Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, how many of you still go to church? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Kiron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:08 am
I havn't been to a church for many many many years, I went to Cathlioc school my whole life so they forced us to go, but usually I got the day off (my Mum knew I was against Religion) so yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:09 am
My mother has always told me that she would send me to the local Lutheran high school if I decided I wanted to be anything besides Christian. I'm afraid that my fundamentalist Christian family members would do something drastic to try to "bring me back to faith" if they ever found out I'm athiest. So, naturally, I must grin and bear it, pretending like I'm christian; at least until I move out.

It could be worse. I could be sent to Lutheran school. stare  

Aimee_Jayde

Muaethia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:09 am
Aimee_Jayde
My mother has always told me that she would send me to the local Lutheran high school if I decided I wanted to be anything besides Christian. I'm afraid that my fundamentalist Christian family members would do something drastic to try to "bring me back to faith" if they ever found out I'm athiest. So, naturally, I must grin and bear it, pretending like I'm christian; at least until I move out.

O_o that's well bad.

My mum isn't religious, neither is my dad, so they say I can believe what I want. I doubt they'd protest even if I came home and announced i'd converted to scientology. It's quite funny actually, I think my mum thinks i'm a closet christian ( rofl ) because she's seen sites such as "biblegateway.com" and other sites useful for quoting things to infuriate fundies in the history pages xD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:59 pm
Muaethia
Aimee_Jayde

O_o that's well bad.

My mum isn't religious, neither is my dad, so they say I can believe what I want. I doubt they'd protest even if I came home and announced i'd converted to scientology. It's quite funny actually, I think my mum thinks i'm a closet christian ( rofl ) because she's seen sites such as "biblegateway.com" and other sites useful for quoting things to infuriate fundies in the history pages xD

It's so much fun to use that sort of thing to infuriate people. Good times, good times.  

Aimee_Jayde

Niveous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:44 am
Hey, I used to go frequently.

Just because I dont believe in God, doesn't mean that is what church is to everyone. For me, it was mostly a community of people (mind you this is the city so very few people are actually chum pals like the west or south)
But my mom loves church, and she was a good mom. I like to keep her happy by occasionally attending.

I believe in the sober truth more than anyone, but its true that some white lies hurt no one and only make others happy. This happens to be one of them. A person who attends church (and this is a true stereotype) is seen as a morally better person.....despite the realities.

My mom is from an a**-backwards time period. (Like ours is any better razz )
But feeling that she raised me catholic makes her feel like she did something right as a parent. And I am a scholar above all else. I have learned religion inside and out AT LEAST THE ONE I WAS RAISED ON.
But I study them all. Im not a atheist cuz I want to seem like a badass, I'm already a badass. I like to debate ideas and going to a church is a great way to learn its flaws and gain a certain level of respect for.

Last time I checked, no one cares to argue with some know-it- all, prude and rude dude.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff