Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
I don't have a brain, just a stupid second stomach Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fought the cravin' for 2 whole days
  Only ended up buyin' more. XC
View Results

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm
I hope I'm pretty enough and not overqualified. They said no work experience was appropriate and that they provide useful training.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:53 pm
No wonder you see weirdly, cuz you don't have a brain. You need a brain to see... sad I dunno.

It's always only cuz of the brain why we see like everything all weird in first person. I hate it, sometimes thinking I am the only one. crying I hate it. I always think I am the only one. crying  

Zombie Girl Ali

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 am
cool4
I hope I'm pretty enough and not overqualified. They said no work experience was appropriate and that they provide useful training.

Be sure to tell us how it goes! I wish you the best of luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:47 pm
Semok
cool4

well that was a complete and utter waste of time. They saw I had a computer science degree and pretty much told me to get lost.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:37 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4

well that was a complete and utter waste of time. They saw I had a computer science degree and pretty much told me to get lost.

That really pisses me off when stuff like that happens. It's not fair. mad It's like my interview with Dunkin Donuts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

That really pisses me off when stuff like that happens. It's not fair. mad It's like my interview with Dunkin Donuts.

Apparently selling 80 000 dollar pieces of garbage (art) requires 3 years of training and you have to be willing to make 30 000 a year and work forever in the art selling business.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:43 am
Sometimes leaving details off your resume is a good thing. It's not OK to add fake stuff, but leaving out "irrelevant" information is totally fine.
Art gallery? I'll put "good computer skills" in my attributes but not mention my extensive training. Instead I'll mention all the little art activities I've done.

It's stupid, but that's how it goes. My full page of stage management experience turns into one line with a job description highlighting relevant skills on other resumes.

Sucks you didn't get it, though. sad

As for Semok - You might want to find a counselling group of some sort. Even if group sessions aren't for you, they probably have resources to help you find someone who'd help you manage your money. Though group things are usually free/by donation...

Being down to the wire is something that stresses me out to no end. So I ate a lot of rice and pasta and fortunately the other actors on both shows I did were also bringing their lunches, so I didn't go out for food as much. And it killed the habit for me. Now I still sometimes buy things at restaurants or convenience stores I don't need, but I'm not doing it as much and I have a bit more money...
But my eating disorder was anorexia nervosa. So, going without food is still always an option. You'll need more work... a support network would help, I think.

Oh, I also have my rent money & student loan in one account with one bank and everything else in another account. I try to transfer rent money over a month in advance and "get ahead" as far as I can when I'm in times of plenty, and don't touch it for anything but a true emergency (so far, that's been funeral expenses for my parents).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:00 pm
I always feel guilty about goin' to support groups because I feel like there are other people far worse off that need that sort of thing more, so I'm just wastin' resources.

On the plus side, I could never be anorexic. I don't know how people can do that, ever. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:00 am
Go to the support group. You need help, you're out of money (partially due to the problem they'll help you with), don't make excuses!

My mother kind of had the same 7-10 meals she'd make, most of which were overcooked to blandness (she couldn't tell, she was a chain smoker). Plus sandwiches every weekday of my life. Plus the same crappy toaster breakfast options forever... Her alcoholism got worse as I grew up - or maybe she just held it back 'til I was old enough to take care of myself... But I just stopped having breakfast (she was still asleep) and then started skipping lunch... and if she wasn't in a state to cook dinner, I'd skip that too. My brother started buying the groceries and we started cooking dinners... but since we were in charge we'd sometimes buy stuff we just prep in individual servings. Which I'd also skip. Food had lost its appeal, beyond the cookies at the school cafeteria, and some sugary drinks. And my dad's cooking on the weekends. But he was attentive, and worried if I was skipping meals...

I dunno, now I enjoy food but often can't be bothered. My cheapness outweighs my hunger unless I can convince myself I deserve/need it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:38 pm
KazeRin
Go to the support group. You need help, you're out of money (partially due to the problem they'll help you with), don't make excuses!

My mother kind of had the same 7-10 meals she'd make, most of which were overcooked to blandness (she couldn't tell, she was a chain smoker). Plus sandwiches every weekday of my life. Plus the same crappy toaster breakfast options forever... Her alcoholism got worse as I grew up - or maybe she just held it back 'til I was old enough to take care of myself... But I just stopped having breakfast (she was still asleep) and then started skipping lunch... and if she wasn't in a state to cook dinner, I'd skip that too. My brother started buying the groceries and we started cooking dinners... but since we were in charge we'd sometimes buy stuff we just prep in individual servings. Which I'd also skip. Food had lost its appeal, beyond the cookies at the school cafeteria, and some sugary drinks. And my dad's cooking on the weekends. But he was attentive, and worried if I was skipping meals...

I dunno, now I enjoy food but often can't be bothered. My cheapness outweighs my hunger unless I can convince myself I deserve/need it.
Wow you saying Semok needs help? I freaken overdose on benadryl and drink like crazy and you say stupid weirdo semok needs help?

Surprised you aren't saying that to me. I am way more crazy than semok anyday. Surprised I have a better lifestyle than Semok (SHE). But if I keep living my life, music is going to get more and more creepier. Like this:

crying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsvKT8vsgF4

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USQgMlGKIYw

I think music has lost its mind. The 2nd song reminds me of something you hear in Ferngully.  

Zombie Girl Ali

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 pm
Even though I betcha you guys find it hard to believe I have almost 2000 dollars.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:29 am
Zombie Girl Ali
KazeRin
(etc)
Wow you saying Semok needs help? I freaken overdose on benadryl and drink like crazy and you say stupid weirdo semok needs help?

Surprised you aren't saying that to me. I am way more crazy than semok anyday. Surprised I have a better lifestyle than Semok (SHE). But if I keep living my life, music is going to get more and more creepier. Like this:

crying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsvKT8vsgF4

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USQgMlGKIYw

I think music has lost its mind. The 2nd song reminds me of something you hear in Ferngully.

I somehow doubt you'd seek help if I suggested you do - I haven't read anything from you that implies you're open to it.

What are you going to do with the money? Buy a used car? Move out on your own? Save up for a downpayment on a house?
Oh, actually. Save up for the eventual hospital bills you'll have when your liver goes. Most insurance companies don't cover self-inflicted damage.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:02 am
KazeRin

Do they have groups that help with stuff other than drug addictions and alcohol? I feel like if I went somewhere they'd just laugh. xd

Also, your mom sounds like she sucked, but your dad sounded nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:12 pm
Semok
Do they have groups that help with stuff other than drug addictions and alcohol? I feel like if I went somewhere they'd just laugh. xd

I do believe there are eating disorder groups. Maybe only in big cities? I dunno... look around.. google, yellowpages, church post boards...

My mom was great when she was sober. Really great. She just had an addiction which she let take control, and refused to acknowledge. She lost her grandmother, sister, and father throughout my childhood, and those were the three people closest to her, above friends and other relatives (in a large family).
After her father died, she started to let go. We could take care of ourselves... but she stopped driving me to & from school and instead stayed home all day drinking... When I started high school my brother and I tried to convince her to get a job just to have something to do (and stop fighting with our dad to get more money he didn't have), but it took till we were ready to move out 'till she started to look.
I was a teenager at that point and didn't have any patience or pity, and it took a few years till I was starting to mellow out and forgive her, and she had a job she liked enough and was cutting down on smoking and drinking... when she died.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 pm
KazeRin
Semok

I do believe there are eating disorder groups. Maybe only in big cities? I dunno... look around.. google, yellowpages, church post boards...

My mom was great when she was sober. Really great. She just had an addiction which she let take control, and refused to acknowledge. She lost her grandmother, sister, and father throughout my childhood, and those were the three people closest to her, above friends and other relatives (in a large family).
After her father died, she started to let go. We could take care of ourselves... but she stopped driving me to & from school and instead stayed home all day drinking... When I started high school my brother and I tried to convince her to get a job just to have something to do (and stop fighting with our dad to get more money he didn't have), but it took till we were ready to move out 'till she started to look.
I was a teenager at that point and didn't have any patience or pity, and it took a few years till I was starting to mellow out and forgive her, and she had a job she liked enough and was cutting down on smoking and drinking... when she died.

I am sorry for your loss, as well as all you had to go through. People shouldn't have to go through so much at a young age.

Also, you are far more forgiving than I could ever be, and you have my respect for that.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff