Reply Nintendo Defenders
For those who want me to hack: no, just no. -.- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stythe

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:18 am
For some people it's a money issue. It's much cheaper to buy blank cartriges and copy a ROM then to buy the games legally.
Even if it is illigal.
Also, I believe ROMs were legel so long as you owned a copy of the original game, although most people obviously don't.
Not to mention there are a lot of really good games that were never released outside of Japan, but are readily available and translated by fans in ROM format.
Just look at my sig.

Anyway, I think that while I'd rather own an original copy of the game, if it can't be obtained, or was never released here, I'd still like to be able to play it. If that means ROM, then so be it. It's not like I'm ROMing every game in existance, just a select few that I really liked, or wasn't able to play.

I hope the Wii will let me get some of my favorite older games though. A Link To The Past wasn't on the GC Zelda Collectors disc for some reason I'll never understand.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:12 am
stythe
For some people it's a money issue. It's much cheaper to buy blank cartriges and copy a ROM then to buy the games legally.
Even if it is illigal.
Also, I believe ROMs were legel so long as you owned a copy of the original game, although most people obviously don't.
Not to mention there are a lot of really good games that were never released outside of Japan, but are readily available and translated by fans in ROM format.
Just look at my sig.

Anyway, I think that while I'd rather own an original copy of the game, if it can't be obtained, or was never released here, I'd still like to be able to play it. If that means ROM, then so be it. It's not like I'm ROMing every game in existance, just a select few that I really liked, or wasn't able to play.

I hope the Wii will let me get some of my favorite older games though. A Link To The Past wasn't on the GC Zelda Collectors disc for some reason I'll never understand.

I think the reason why LTHP wasnt on the collecters disc was because that it just had came out on the gameboy advance.  

Rockman JET

darian162

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:02 pm
I download roms simply to play games I've always wanted to play when I was younger. Besides I dont download to many considerin I have the old school systems and tons of games for them. It's mostly japanese releases or games that have been taken away when I was a kid by my big brother. So untill I find the game I play the rom.

Though when you do download them they all have a disclaimer.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:10 pm
well I only get games I liked, or Japanese releases that were patched in English and never released in the USA. like Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story for the Super Famicom(SNES in the USA), or Seiken Densetsu3(the third Secret of Mana game, but it would've been the 2nd in the USA).  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:52 pm
A lot of it is done because gaming is incredibly expensive and/or, some games are next to impossible to come by, even if you wanted to buy them.
That, and many games were never released outside of Japan.
Look at Tales of Phantasia. Japan only, but thanks to some people, I was able to play it.
Was it illigal? Yeah.
Do I regret it? No.
I would have bought the game if it was out here. In fact I bought the GBA version, which I wouldn't have had I not played the Rom of.

ROMs and such are abused, I won't deny that. But the fact is, some poeple can't afford, or can't obtain games any other way, and I refuse to look down on people in that position.
Quite frankly, I have a hard time supporting my gaming needs. I can't blame those who mod their systems, or use ROMs for doing so.

Even if they do it when they can afford it, it's their buisiness.
I'll pay for mine as long as I can.
Even though I know it's becoming incredibly overpriced.  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff