Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
So, uh....s**t just got awesome!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm
So uh, life is looking pretty up for me at the moment! I thought I'd share the good news, since I've been a depressed pile of lump for about a month now. (more on that in a bit!) This is super long, but TOO ******** BAD. I'M JUST TOO HAPPY TO CRAM ALL OF MY GOOD MOOD INTO A SHORT BLURB. DEAL WITH IT. scream

First, here's what's going on:

Awesome Thing: I gots a job!
The reasons why this shouldn't have ever happened: K, so here's a little background info: Right now, the position is through a temp agency. I was originally called for this position from an agency that had a resume that was two years old. I originally thought it would include reception, so I almost passed it in favor of another 3 week assignment from another agency that I got a call for an hour later. (they were both pitched as being 3 week assignments, btw). I held out though, because I'm a bit greedy, and this one would pay $2 more/hour than the other. Good ******** thing I did!

Also, the agency itself seems to have no idea what's going on at any given time, and it's a ******** miracle they were organized enough to even have my phone number. Turns out the position was, essentially, to be an executive admin (as in, not at all an entry-level position) for one person, not reception, and that this person had given her 30 days notice at the beginning of the month, saying that if she didn't get an admin assistant by the end of the month, she was quitting the job. I got in Nov. 18th. Two more weeks and this position wouldn't even be there. surprised

Fast forward two months, and I was told yesterday that I will likely get a formal salary offer this Tuesday. biggrin The office is totally different from my last office: everyone is very welcoming, wants to get the job done, HATES red tape (although we all have to deal with loads of it, since this is part of a financial institution) and the one I'm assisting is super friendly, a perfectionist (which I like!) and thinks in similar patterns to myself. We get along famously, and we're both really excited to do what we like to do awesomely. If this had come a month later, I wouldn't even be able to afford a place to live! surprised

Awesome Thing: I got a new apartment!
Even more awesome thing: It's downtown and only five minutes from my work.
Even more awesomely awesome thing: the building has access to a pedway, (think tunnels, but for a city that seems to be afraid of ever having any sub-terrain traveling methods. Indoor bridges, essentially.) which is connected to the building I work in. I only have to deal with "outside" for all of about 10 seconds during my commute. biggrin
Why this probably shouldn't have happened: Shortly after getting the job I have now (still thinking it would be a temp position) I saw an ad for an apartment in this nice building downtown. Mom and me set up an appointment. We show up to see it, and it looks like an application was already put in on the unit and they were too stupid to call us very sorry they didn't have a contact number because they didn't write it down. I put my name on a waiting list just in case, but not expecting much.

About a week later, mom calls me, super cranky. She saw an ad online for a 1 bdrm in the same ******** building that had been posted about 6 hours earlier, even though I'm supposedly on a waiting list. I call them up, and it turns out that the rental office that's physically where the building is puts up it's own ads, but so does the larger management company that it's a part of. Also they just switched to a different management company. They had no idea ads were even being put up. It just so happens that someone had, in fact, just given their notice though: for a large 1 bdrm.
I snatch up an apartment viewing so fast that their calendar probably still has bruises. Good thing I did too, because while I was filling out the application (directly after my viewing) someone else came in to ask about the same unit.

Well suck my c**t, ********, that apartment is MINE NOW! Got the call that the application was approved on Friday. biggrin

Long story short: Property office is super disorganized, and I'm surprised this worked out as well as it did! Even with a disorganized office running the place, I managed to get into a building super close to the job that I managed to get even with a super disorganized office managing my position! XD

Moral of story: These offices need better admin help. I should know. It's kinda my thing.

Other awesome things: I've started teaching myself German! I've started piano lessons (turns out that a friend of mine teaches piano and plans to do voice training as well!). My resolution is to learn two languages and two instruments this year. biggrin
Soon, I'm going to have enough money to start taking bellydance lessons again, too! :3
I've started writing again (mainly short bits of poems...maybe I'll share something you guys. :3)
I've been making an effort to meet with friends again, something that I completely write off doing when I'm in lump-state.

All of my really big immediate worries just got knocked the ******** out all at once. I'm over the moon. I'm like...an adult now, or something. eek
....psh, no I'm not. I call my cat butter-nugget, slept in until noon today, had pizza for breakfast yesterday, and haven't gotten groceries for a week. Maybe I'll be an adult later. Maybe. Probably not.

As for being what I like to call a slump-lump occasionally, I'm also very blessed to have very understanding friends. They know I might disappear for a bit, and they're always just happy to have me back when I get back to normal. Before when it popped up, it would be for a couple of weeks at a time, and it wasn't such a life-stopping deal because I was still living with my mother: food was still bought, dishes were still cleaned. Life went on. Totally different on my own. (Actually, it's even worse living with my roommate: He contributes to mess, but almost never actually deals with any of it.)

Last time it hit me, it hit me hard. I pretty much slept through the month of June. The roomie was nice enough to share some of the groceries he got (as he was making quite a bit of money at the time, and could afford it), so I didn't starve, but I was not in good shape. I was also pretty lump-like after getting dumped, but my mother was in town at the time and didn't really let me be too sloth-like. XD

Last time it was for about three weeks. June I linked it to not having a steady job and feeling trapped with someone I didn't want to live with because I couldn't afford to leave. No idea what brought it on this time. *shrug*

I am happy to see that I can still manage to function very well at work even though I need to remind myself to shower while I'm at home.

Anyway, my life and mood goes up and down pretty weirdly, and it happens to be really weirdly up at the moment, so IMMA RIDE THIS AS LONG AS I CAN! YEEEHAAAAW!

And that's life, atm. Now I just need to find another cute boy and/or girl to have fairly regularly occurring sex with possibly date, and a few other friends to play music with, and life is going to be pretty ******** grand. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 am
First of all, don't worry, I read the whole thing.

Second of all, HOSHITAWESOMEI'MSOHAPPYFORYOUYAY

Here's to that incline of yours keeping on going up. I myself have my own apartment now and am planning on proposing to my girlfriend in May. Only thing I have to fix now is how goddamn poor I am. razz  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:25 pm
Reeves

Here's to that incline of yours keeping on going up. I myself have my own apartment now and am planning on proposing to my girlfriend in May. Only thing I have to fix now is how goddamn poor I am. razz

Eeeee!
I am actually fairly anti-marriage myself (for a lot of reasons) buuuuuut.....

I friggin love proposals! (And, ya know, weddings!) Does that make me a hypocrite?

Either way, that's so amazing to hear! I'm so happy for you! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:41 pm
Violaceous Vertigo
Reeves

Eeeee!
I am actually fairly anti-marriage myself (for a lot of reasons) buuuuuut.....

I friggin love proposals! (And, ya know, weddings!) Does that make me a hypocrite?

Either way, that's so amazing to hear! I'm so happy for you! blaugh

It's perfectly fine for you to disagree with me on marriage! I just happen to love this woman so much that I feel like marriage will only make our relationship stronger. Thank you for your good wishes! I'm nervous, but I'm also excited while waiting patiently for May to roll around. smile  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm
I'm sorry I've been so MIA! This all sounds great, Vio!

I agree with you on needing a someone in your life...my (now ex) boyfriend broke up with me a couple of weeks ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:14 pm
Meacorme
I'm sorry I've been so MIA! This all sounds great, Vio!

I agree with you on needing a someone in your life...my (now ex) boyfriend broke up with me a couple of weeks ago.

And I still want to clobber him for that. stressed  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
The Barely-Knowns

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash