Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
I'm going to do the Monotype Challenge.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Craftiest

Timid Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:13 pm
I've been playing Pokemon X since the release and I just bought Pokemon Y. I decided I want to use just 1 type the whole play-through, like a gym leader. So, I decided to look up a challenge for something like this and I found the monotype challenge. It seems like it's perfect for what I want to do, so I'm doing it. ^_^
For those who don't already know, here's the rules.
Monotype Challenge

Rules:
1. Whatever type you choose, you can ONLY use that type for the whole playthrough. You may NOT switch mid-game; You choose electric, you're sticking with electric until the end!
2. You may not use two Pokémon from the same evolution family. If your type is grass, for example, you cannot use both Vileplume and Bellossom.
3. Dragon, Ghost, and Ice types are banned from this challenge, as they're incredibly scarce in-game. Different games have different accessibility to types, so try not to choose a type that's way too limited for the game you're playing. (Example: You definitely do not want to choose Fire for your Pearl Monotype, but it'd be fine for a Black 2 Monotype.)
4. You may use a Pokémon who is not the type you chose, but is going to be in the future. For example, if your type is Flying, you can start with Charmander and keep it because it will eventually be a Charizard, which is part flying.
5. Yes, this means dual types are completely allowed!
6. If your starter isn't (and never will be) your type, you can still use it, until you are able to catch a Pokémon of your type. Then your starter must be released/permanently boxed.
7. You are allowed 2 trades total for each Monotype challenge. This includes trading from another game to obtain a Pokémon you couldn't normally get until later, in-game trades, and trading over Pokémon you can't normally catch in that game as well. (Trading solely to evolve your Pokémon does not count toward this rule and is always permitted.)

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys have every done this challenge before and if you enjoyed it?

Oh, and the type I chose was Fire.
^_^ <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:32 pm
I'm contemplating going through it a second time after Pokemon Bank is released.
My second time through will be using Dark types.
For the moment though, I'm just waiting for Y to finish downloading.
-sigh-

Craftiest

Timid Tycoon

Kennisaur

Angelic Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:32 pm
I completed my first 6th gen game using flying types in pokemon y. I haven't decided on pokemon x yet but i'm still fairly early in the game.
I didn't know where to get a magikarp/gyarados so I stuck with pelipper.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:10 am

Good luck with all this! I could never do this, along with the NuzLocke challenge.

You chose Fire? That's my favorite element. You'll have a hell of a time in the Rock gym, though.

Espeonel

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Prairiefox

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:39 am
I always go with certain types according to the games and YI chose fire types too :3 Oh and if you have Fennekin's psychic moves for the rock gym that's pretty helpful. Good luck blaugh  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games