For those who don't already know, here's the rules.
1. Whatever type you choose, you can ONLY use that type for the whole playthrough. You may NOT switch mid-game; You choose electric, you're sticking with electric until the end!
2. You may not use two Pokémon from the same evolution family. If your type is grass, for example, you cannot use both Vileplume and Bellossom.
3. Dragon, Ghost, and Ice types are banned from this challenge, as they're incredibly scarce in-game. Different games have different accessibility to types, so try not to choose a type that's way too limited for the game you're playing. (Example: You definitely do not want to choose Fire for your Pearl Monotype, but it'd be fine for a Black 2 Monotype.)
4. You may use a Pokémon who is not the type you chose, but is going to be in the future. For example, if your type is Flying, you can start with Charmander and keep it because it will eventually be a Charizard, which is part flying.
5. Yes, this means dual types are completely allowed!
6. If your starter isn't (and never will be) your type, you can still use it, until you are able to catch a Pokémon of your type. Then your starter must be released/permanently boxed.
7. You are allowed 2 trades total for each Monotype challenge. This includes trading from another game to obtain a Pokémon you couldn't normally get until later, in-game trades, and trading over Pokémon you can't normally catch in that game as well. (Trading solely to evolve your Pokémon does not count toward this rule and is always permitted.)
Anyways, I was wondering if you guys have every done this challenge before and if you enjoyed it?
Oh, and the type I chose was Fire.