Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o
  o
View Results

Arianah

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:35 am
I finally went to the girlie doctor and had my pap. Results will be in later, but I think I'm o.k. there. It's the non stop bleeding that I have going on that drives me insane. So I have an ultra sound scheduled for next Tuesday, then an appointment in 3 weeks with the gyne surgeon (who was also my OBGYN for Gabrielle 11 years ago).

My options are ablation and hysterectomy (providing I'm a candidate for the first).

Ablation is much shorter recovery time.
Hysterectomy 4-6 weeks no work.

But ablation literally burns the uterine lining. gonk It sounds so painful! And my sister in law had it done and felt like she was in labor for days. Her twin had it done and still bleeds. :/
But, work. I need money! 6 weeks is a long long time, only to come back light duty. And who's going to help an aide?

I have to get whatever I'm going to get done before clinicals.
Help me weigh the pros and cons.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:35 am
Does it seem like there's more of a chance of complications and the procedure not being effective if you do the ablation? My mom got a hysterectomy and she was out of work for a while but as far as I know, she has no more symptoms or bleeding or anything.  

Tigga Hiccups

Arianah

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:32 pm
Sometimes the ablation doesn't work, from what I understand, or it only works for about a year. Another con, but the out of work thing is a huge con against the hysterectomy.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:52 pm
My mom had a hysterectomy, but she does still bleed very lightly every great once in a while.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:36 pm
I'd see if you could get the ablation first, and see how well it works/lasts. If you're lucky, it'll last long enough for you to get through clinicals and whatnot and save up more money to eventually afford the hysterectomy.  
Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games