Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Mind if I rant a little?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:53 am
All I need is one star in the sky...

So, due to excitement of seeing my favorite band for the first time in concert, I've been extremely happy. Yet, I've also been holding back. None of you should know this, but I have made a lot of rants about a "problem" that I go through, and have gone through since someone I love ever so dearly died. Now, I won't get into detail about my "problem" cause I know the advice I'll get.
"Go talk to a therapist"
Well, that's exactly why my boyfriend's problems didn't get fixed. He went to see a therapist, they put him on medication, didn't fix the problem, only hid it, he ended up killing himself cause the problem grew and grew.
So, I'm still quite happy as of right now.... Well, kinda. After reading a couple of posts in this guild, and... well.. it kinda built up some rage in me. And what better place to post my rant than the place who gave me the rage? huh?
So here's what i've got to say:

I joined this guild thinking everyone was so nice, supportive, and stuff. Well, I came to find out that there are only few nice people here. I mean, I wanted to be in a place where I could help people. Cause you know, that what i LOVE to do. In fact, I put ALL my problems aside for everyone else. JUST so I could help others. And hey, you know what that gave me? MY "PROBLEM"!!! But, do I give a shiit? no... i put that problem aside too. Just so I can spare everyone else the time. just so i can help others.
I come in this guild all supportive and stuff. I mean, even on my profile i say I support homosexuality 100%. But, I actually got treated kind of like an outcast by someone. I'm not naming names, but you should know who you are.
Now, I'm not trying to be a b***h, but isn't that how homosexuals are usually treated in real life? Yeah... so what? are you trying to show us how it feels? Cause... I know how it feels. No, I'm not lesbian. But I do dress way differently in my area, and i get treated like i'm not human. So, thanks. :3 I really appreciate it. (Wow, there NEEDS to be a sarcasm font.. = . =;; )
Now, this move might be the worst, but as I was reading around, I saw this:
"That is kinda the point. I want other people to hurt. I want them to cry, suffer, bleed, and despair. I want the whole world to be a festering pit of misery and unhappiness."
And again, I'm not saying who. But if you know who, you know who.
And if you're the person who WROTE it... I want you to read this:
I hope you know how INHUMANE that is. And I'll have you know that I did go through all that. Why? Because I dated this really amazing guy for about 4 years. We were committed to each other. We even talked about MARRIAGE!!! Oh, what an amazing guy he was. In second week we dated, I really didn't care about how hot he was, either. He was just so sweet and caring. He always said the sweetest things to me, and his friends always told me about how he always talks about me when i'm not there. So, you're thinking, "How does this have to do with what I said? You sound so happy." Oh, I WAS happy, darling. But, you see. His mom did things to him. Not sexual things, but just something I will not talk about cause it's personal. I did all I could to help him. But instead he chose THERAPY. I tried to talk him out of it. But he kept going. All the therapist did was give him pills. Sure, it HID his depression. No, it didn't help or cure it. All it did was HIDE it. so basically it grew and grew, until he finally snapped.
Wanna know where he is now? In the ground. probably only a skeleton by now.
So, wanna know what happened to me?
I cried. I cried when I woke up because I was still alive. I cried all throughout the day, cause I was without him. I cried myself to sleep, hoping I won't wake up. And the cycle kept going.
I suffered.
I would do anything I could to make myself better. But no. no matter what I did, nothing would get better.
I wrote songs about him. Hell, I kept his blood-stained pocket knife. I still have it, actually. And every time I look(ed) at it, I suffered and cried more. I thought about joining him. I did have the pocket knife, so I can do the same thing as he did. What stopped me? Well, I had a 9 year old best friend, who is now 12, who i cared about so much. She was already suffering from his death too, so I really didn't want to add to that.
I bled.
Only once, I finally got the guts, and I cut a little bit of my wrist with his pocket knife. I never did it again, but I still bled.
Not only was i in despair, but I was EXTREMELY depressed.

Do you even know how it feels? He was my first bit of happiness in like, 12 years. Then he was ripped out of my hands, and torn apart, just like my heart.
No, you don't know what that's like. Because you "don't want any interaction with anyone" So you really have NO ******** IDEA!!!
Now I bet you're like "Well you gotta be happy now, obviously"
In a way. I have a new boyfriend. Yeah, he's great. but he's NO WHERE close to what my ex was. SURE, I ACT like everything's okay. but it's not. and right there on my head-board thing still sits his blood-stained pocket knife. I have to look at it every day of my life as a reminder of what I lost, and will never get back.
So you know what, i hope you feel what I felt. I really hope you do. Then maybe you'll understand.

God, LOOK AT ME!! I'm becoming one of most of you. Bashing all of you cause I'm mad over something.
I'm really sorry, honest. but sometimes a girl has to let out what she feels, and this is what I feel. And how good it feels to FINALLY let SOMETHING out.
So now, I'm gonna give some friendly advice to help stop all this bullshit.
1. Stop taking everything to heart. I mean, this is the INTERNET. Internet fights are just the most ridiculous things ever. No one really wins. And all anyone thinks of you afterward is that you're just a dumb a** bitchy ********.. So really, words are words. It's not like they can scar you for life. Just let everyone know you don't give a ******** BY HAVING NO REACTION!!!
2. Stop being so sensitive. All that does is give a really bad impression of you, and shows how idiotic you are.

Hmm.. i think this whole rant shows how honest I am. How I really do speak my mind. And that I don't try to sugar coat everything. Wow...

I think all my rage is gone.... and I actually think this whole thing was a little affect of my "problem" cause whenever my "problem" shows up, i have a "b***h-flash" and then suddenly it goes away.
:/ Well I guess I'm done here.

I hope this makes you all think about your actions and what you say to people, though.

...Wish for you every night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 am
I read every single word of this. You made me cry a bit. I am glad that you are happy again. I don't even know you, but I wish this had never happened to you. I would not know how this feels, but I have a friend that does. I have seen what death from a loved one looks like. It changes a person. I am sorry that people on this guild are not as nice as they should be. They are real dicks. I am sorry for everything.  

Madiso

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:52 am
Demon Fierce
I read every single word of this. You made me cry a bit. I am glad that you are happy again. I don't even know you, but I wish this had never happened to you. I would not know how this feels, but I have a friend that does. I have seen what death from a loved one looks like. It changes a person. I am sorry that people on this guild are not as nice as they should be. They are real dicks. I am sorry for everything.

sweatdrop You mean cry as in, feel bad for me, or cry cause of my harsh words?
Cause honestly, I didn't mean to be mean or sound like a bad person... Ya know, when you got rage built up... stressed
You sound like one of the people who are nice, so you don't need to be sorry. :3 I'm just glad not everyone is like that... .-.
And I'm glad too, <3 If it weren't for my current boyfriend, I'd probably still be depressed, and as I say, "in a dark pit of sorrow"
Actually, I'm sorry for being so harsh in that rant ._."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:14 am
--Untoten Kase--

Cry as in feeling bad. :3  

Madiso

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm
Demon Fierce
--Untoten Kase--

Cry as in feeling bad. :3

Oh... kay, cause I don't want to make anyone cry cause i was being mean D:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 pm
I'm terribly sorry life has been so rough for you. I've been on this guild for several months, and it is only recently that "those" people started showing up. To be honest, the person who you quote made me sick as well. I hope that you continue to come to this guild (there are a couple of butts, but most of us are nice, honest!), and hope that your life gets better.  

bollier

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 am
you made me cry. but from empathy. i hate therapy, it never helps. and im really glad i managed to convience my mother not to make me go. im barely not commiting suicide as it is. anyways i used to be the same way, except i have no idea. so i know how it feels to wake up so miserable every day.....
and im glad your feeling better. well at least being able to handle it. im still not quite there yet......im not going to give a pep talk or anything cuz one, im terrible at it, and two, its quite obvious thats not what you want xd

anyways, im sorry there are people out there who are.....im not sure what the word would be, but unsupportive, unsensitive or mean. but i dont care if you rant, rantings good for people ^^

(sorry its all chopped. im a little messed up right now ^^; )  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:25 am
I'm glad you got that off your chest and that things are getting better for you. But just to let you know, not all therapists are quacks. My therapist really helps me when I'm stressed or upset. I know that not every therapist is like mine. Some, like you said, just want to hide a problem with medication. Although I take medication for my anxiety, that's not the only thing my therapist helps me with. I'm sorry you had to have such a quack of a therapist. My point is, they're not all that way. I hope things get better for you.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:35 am
I feel that I have failed as moderator here, though I do know who you're speaking of and I took care of that person. I'm really really sorry life has been so hard on you and I'm sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the pain you went through. but don't label everyone here just like the person mentioned in your post, most of the people i've seen here are nice people that are willing to help and give you advice, only once in a while comes that "guy" that hates himself and starts trolling just beacuse he's not happy with his life, so he feels like making other people sad just so he can into a fight and feel better about himself. but don't let them get to you sweet heart, remember how strong you are and what you've been through, and next time something like this happens please PM me ASAP, I beg you. I hope your experience in this guild turns to a more pleasant one, I will contacting the owner to see if we can a make a few changes on the joining requirements, beacuse I'm tired of recieving empty applications.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 am
This is a sad and awful situation, and I can't express my sympathies, but that's no reason to condemn all therapy. For one thing, psychologists and therapists are different. Not all therapists can prescribe medication, and often, you're better off with them because they have to work without it. That is a horrible and sad thing, but I've known people whose lives were saved by therapy. It's not fair to condemn all of it because of one sad instance.  

Eaker Squeaker

Chatty Codger

7,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items