Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I need help with coming out. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fears and Lies

7,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 am
BSPBleach
Fears and Lies
iLegoBlock
Fears and Lies
I as well did post something on facebook but i got messages telling me to take down the post.. so i did.... -teardrop-

Thats terrible.

Spite who ever said that and put up another message, and ignore those assholes.

it was a while ago plus i hardly go on fb anymore

you might not, but other people do. it'd be a good way to get it out there. especially if you dont get on much, cuz then if people start 'trolling' or harassing you about it, you wont be on to care right? might be worth a shot to not hide it anymore.
*shrugs* but what does it matter what i say? i still havnt come out to anyone irl........

everything you says matters. it doesn't matter if its based on experience or just an idea everything everyone says matters  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am
and now to demon fierce.
yeah i would definitly come out to your parents, they sound like they would be accepting and totally cool bout it. as to other people.......well it really does depend on how you accept bullying. for me, unless i let you in, i dont give a damn bout what you say, so bullying has never got to me. but if what other people say does affect you and bullies can hurt you, then i'd wait. either until they dont really have a way to bully you (graduation) or until you find a way to.....not care i guess bout what they think. cuz it really doesnt matter what those people think. only those you care about.
course in my opinion, it doesnt matter what anyone thinks. they cant deal, to bad. i dont care if your my family or not. which is weird since i cant even tell my parents......  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 am
Fears and Lies
BSPBleach
Fears and Lies
iLegoBlock
Fears and Lies
I as well did post something on facebook but i got messages telling me to take down the post.. so i did.... -teardrop-

Thats terrible.

Spite who ever said that and put up another message, and ignore those assholes.

it was a while ago plus i hardly go on fb anymore

you might not, but other people do. it'd be a good way to get it out there. especially if you dont get on much, cuz then if people start 'trolling' or harassing you about it, you wont be on to care right? might be worth a shot to not hide it anymore.
*shrugs* but what does it matter what i say? i still havnt come out to anyone irl........

everything you says matters. it doesn't matter if its based on experience or just an idea everything everyone says matters

lol well i appreciate the view point. as pessimistic as it sounds, such an....open view point seems to be dieing. hopefully thats changing....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:52 pm
Matasoga
Oreo Panda16
But the thing is, you can't deny who you are just to please everyone else. If they think you're a freak or something, that's their problem.

But it's not his problem. In cases of gay-bullying (which it's obvious there is plenty of at his school) it becomes his problem, when they don't like it. Don't you remember what high-school was like?

@OP: Come out to your parents, by all means. They sound like good parents who will love you no less and treat you no differently. As for coming out in school... I guess that depends on how resilient you are to taunts and bullying.
It breaks my heart to have to tell you this, but please, be careful. I can't tell you how sick it makes me to even begin to suggest that you deny and bury yourself under such a lie, but you may find that honesty (with people who have no business knowing in the first place) just isn't worth the consequences.
Also, please remember... You can always tell them the truth later, but once they know, there is no going back.
I hope that helps.

I don't think I remember saying it was his fault? And yes, I do remember what high school was like, because I just graduated last month. It only becomes his business if he lets it affect him.  

Oreo Panda16

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 pm
Oreo Panda16
Matasoga
Oreo Panda16
But the thing is, you can't deny who you are just to please everyone else. If they think you're a freak or something, that's their problem.

But it's not his problem. In cases of gay-bullying (which it's obvious there is plenty of at his school) it becomes his problem, when they don't like it. Don't you remember what high-school was like?
@OP: Come out to your parents, by all means. They sound like good parents who will love you no less and treat you no differently. As for coming out in school... I guess that depends on how resilient you are to taunts and bullying.
It breaks my heart to have to tell you this, but please, be careful. I can't tell you how sick it makes me to even begin to suggest that you deny and bury yourself under such a lie, but you may find that honesty (with people who have no business knowing in the first place) just isn't worth the consequences.
Also, please remember... You can always tell them the truth later, but once they know, there is no going back.
I hope that helps.

I don't think I remember saying it was his fault? And yes, I do remember what high school was like, because I just graduated last month. It only becomes his business if he lets it affect him.

Yeah, endless daily taunting and the occasional beating (depending on just how bad his school is) are only likely to affect the severely over-sensitive.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:15 pm
Matasoga
Oreo Panda16
Matasoga
Oreo Panda16

I hope that helps.

Yeah, endless daily taunting and the occasional beating (depending on just how bad his school is) are only likely to affect the severely over-sensitive.

The key is to be ignorant of it. But I'm not in the mood to argue with someone, especially over the internet.  

Oreo Panda16

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:55 pm
Matasoga

guess that makes me heartless mmm?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm
BSPBleach
Matasoga

If they had no affect on you at all, whatsoever, yeah. Either that or deaf and numb all over.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:14 am
Matasoga
BSPBleach
Matasoga

If they had no affect on you at all, whatsoever, yeah. Either that or deaf and numb all over.

oh. okay then. guess someone forgot to inform me im heartless. good to know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:33 pm
Well. I know some of you had told me to tell my parents first, but I ended up telling my friend first. He didn't respond the way I had thought. He ended up just not saying anything. I had told him last night. This morning, I he is acting like he normally does. Like I never told him. So I don't know if this is a good thing or bad?  

Madiso

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:52 pm
Well he's either accepted it or still processing the thought in his head. *Shrugs*

I know this s**t's tough. XD My family's all Christians and flamed gay folks constantly so I had trouble even figuring out about myself until I was 18. Of course now I'm bi so things just take weird turns. owo

Hmm but yeah wait and see if he changes any.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:27 am
Do whatever your heart tells you to do. <3  

tacos rule2

10,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100

ankarhagen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 am
Coming out is something that you shouldn't necessarily rely on other's opinions.

Instead of asking us here what we think, you should focus on what you think. Do you believe that coming out is the best alternative for you? Fine, do it. It's awesome to be out, but only if people accept you for the one you are.

On the other hand, if your situation is bad, it might not be the best alternative.

The thing I'm trying to say is that noone knows better about the situation you live and than yourself. And that is why you should depend on yourself when it comes to a life-changing question like this.

Did that make any sense?^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:28 am
Definitely o.o Sometimes its best to keep it secret until you move away even if your pride takes a hit. sweatdrop  

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items