Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Defenders
How would Smash Bros be played using the Revo controller? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If Nintendo would choose at least one "guest" character, who do you think it will be?
  Sonic
  Mega Man
  Any Soul Calibur character
  Soma Cruz/Alucard (Castlevania)
  Chrono
  Give me all of them!!!!!
View Results

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:25 pm
I just need to post in this guild again. I'm a member of so many guilds that I don't post in them all anymore.

Anyway, I think that Smash Bros. with a Revolution controller would be unique and innovative as well as awesome. We could swing our weapons. We can probably do manual blocking. It would also be sweet just to swing the controllers around. 3nodding

Nintendo seems to be improving the gameplay all the time. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:33 pm
well time will tell if Smash Bros is revolutionized or kept the same way. we saw how sony is butchering the Smash Bros engine in numerous games, most of which wearing the digimon label, and now getting Naruto on the bandwagon. Nintendo does the Smash engine right, it's when someone tries to make a game on sony using the Smash engine is when the game SUCKS.

Smash Bros:
Nintendo Title
Nintendo superstars
platform game
fighting game
party game

Nintendo use: gold!

sony use: BULLSHIT!

if Nintendo makes the next Smash Bros a fully 3D game with free roaming ability and the same platforming goodness(without needless sidestepping in a half second dodge and that slideing air-dodge on the ground crap), then Nintendo may strike gold again. Sony cant innovate, all sony does is immitate.

sorry if it seems like digression, but my point is clear, Nintendo could tinker with the Smash Bros engine a little, or go far beyond the normal limitations, since Smash Bros introduced level hazards in modern fighters(pits, traps, explosive, etc), and grabable weapons like crates, beamswords, bombs, pokeballs, etc. so who knows what Nintendo could pull next, maybe character specific finishing moves or team-up combos? dunno. the next Smash will tell us in good time, here's waiting for Smash Bros Revolution! an actually slated title for the Revolution! and here's hoping there's at least one launch title for it!  

RAPTOR948

[Kryptonite]
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:34 am
Rockman JET
Like ^ said they might have a controller shell for that game.

also some characters Besides Rockman i would like to see make a fighter appearance....

1. the guy from the game kung fu
2. wart
3. Roll
4. Rockman X
5. Zero
6. Dk jr.
7. Ridley
8. the armidillo from Metroid 2
9. slippy the toad (although i think every one would just make him jump off the stage or that just for fun.)
10. Toad
11. metal sonic

XD; I actually laughed IRL.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:50 pm
[Kryptonite]
Rockman JET
Like ^ said they might have a controller shell for that game.

also some characters Besides Rockman i would like to see make a fighter appearance....

1. the guy from the game kung fu
2. wart
3. Roll
4. Rockman X
5. Zero
6. Dk jr.
7. Ridley
8. the armidillo from Metroid 2
9. slippy the toad (although i think every one would just make him jump off the stage or that just for fun.)
10. Toad
11. metal sonic

XD; I actually laughed IRL.

hmmm... not all could be included, Smash Bros is a Nintendo exclusive game with only Nintendo characters. so you'd see only characters like the previously included, and more Nintendo classics and maybe more. maybe there'll be a Nintendo beach volleyball minigame included? that would be kinda cool. ^_^ give it a Smash Bros feel by allowing you to use Smash attacks on the ball and maybe make it either a mushroom, ba-bomb, a metroid, pokeball, etc. all kinds of items that can be used for balls. ^_^ it'd be funny. ^_^

BTW: it wouldnt be the first sports venture for Nintendo since Mario reffed in that NES boxing game wth Mike Tyson, several gamecube sports ventures included recently with NBA Ballers with Mario, Luigi, and Peach, SSX with the same trio. what next? a horse racing game with Link? Nintendo superstars have earned major cash-ins since their beginings.

though who would agree to a few kinda minigames included as extra stuff for Smash Revolution?  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:24 pm
I'd bet with a game like Smash, they probably won't go nuts with the controller.
I bet they'll assign buttons to the Wiimote, then have a certain move or two for each character that uses it specifically. Maybe their "smash attack".

Then again, who knows.
I just can't see them assigning a ton of moves to each character, forcing you to remember a ton of movements.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm
I personally don't know what they're trying to pull with the wii controller thing... I'm sure that it will have many uses, but on classic games like Supersmash Bros and Soul Caliber, how are they going to assign so many complex button combinations to the limited amount on the Wii? I know it's supposed to less complex, but maybe they could have an alternate controller as well? Like, you could buy the remotes, normal controllers, or both?

The Wii controller would be great for first person games, but on a side scroller like Super smash bros, it would be like playing single button mode the whole time...  

Lickitung

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:53 pm
Lickitung
I personally don't know what they're trying to pull with the wii controller thing... I'm sure that it will have many uses, but on classic games like Supersmash Bros and Soul Caliber, how are they going to assign so many complex button combinations to the limited amount on the Wii? I know it's supposed to less complex, but maybe they could have an alternate controller as well? Like, you could buy the remotes, normal controllers, or both?

The Wii controller would be great for first person games, but on a side scroller like Super smash bros, it would be like playing single button mode the whole time...

well they are trying to bring more people in with the controller by using something everybody knows. Who doesn't know what a remote control is, and using it in its ways just gets the player closer, or more empathic, with the game.

as for how it will be used is kinda hard to phantom for the time since we don't know how to play games right for wii yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:32 am
I just got this feeling Smash Bros BRAWL is gonna kick a**, Wiimote support or not. the bright side of the GC controller being used is the controls dont change. ^_^ so I'm happy. ^_^  

RAPTOR948

De Lupe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:02 am
Simply put, I don't think it would work out.

I can see a few mini-games working just fine (Homerun Contest anyone?), but, overall, it would be a bad idea to use the Wii-mote for serious combat.

Vote in the arena.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:28 pm
I'd heard something about Gamecube controllers being usable, although that was ages ago.
I have no idea what will happen, but I'm eager to find out.  

stythe

Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces