Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Coming out.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taranova12

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 pm
I'm a lesbian and I've known it for a long time now. My mother's come to terms with it, and she even wants my girlfriend to go camping with us over the summer and just chill. My dad's side of the family is the problem. They're really conservative.

How do I go about this without them disowning me? How do I make it clear that I'm not a different person, and that I'm serious about this, and that I don't want to hurt them? ;_;  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:01 pm
try asking your mother what the best way to tell them would be. she probably knows them better than us on the internet  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 am
taranova12
I'm a lesbian and I've known it for a long time now. My mother's come to terms with it, and she even wants my girlfriend to go camping with us over the summer and just chill. My dad's side of the family is the problem. They're really conservative.

How do I go about this without them disowning me? How do I make it clear that I'm not a different person, and that I'm serious about this, and that I don't want to hurt them? ;_;

To be completely honest, sadly you probably can't. As the saying goes, "you can't have your cake and eat it too" and it's very true. Only they can make that choice to accept you or not. The only thing you can do is educate them with the facts and hope they accept you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:02 pm
Come out to your mom

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash