[PRP] The Buck's Pond {Nudge and Meets-the-Sea} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:09 pm
Meets can almost not believe the transformation kindness has on the demeanor of this buck that had almost scared her out of her own skin a few minutes ago. Smiling, she observes him more closely, trying to make sense of the mind behind Nudge's actions. It's not something she can usually figure out -- the feelings and motivations of other kimeti tend to escape her understanding most of the time -- but her interest in this buck makes her want to try, at least.

"Foxbuns are sweet...I enjoy following them and watching their amusing little antics at times," she responds, still smiling. "But I don't know how well one could keep up with me on my travels...or how well they would take to life near the ocean."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:23 pm
"So you plan to go to the ocean? You want to fulfill your name?" He is genuinely interested in her motivations, and yet, cannot fathom why anyone would want to leave the swamp, even for a short time, let alone to live. "You are quite brave, then, to venture out of your home to such a distant place. Will you join one of the tribes I've heard about?"

When his portion of the berries have been eaten, he turns to a nearby bush, harvesting more, and again splitting the bounty with Meets.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:48 pm
Meets finds, to her surprise, that she is enjoying herself in this buck's company, and eats her share of the berries with grateful pleasure.

"Oh, I've been to the ocean many a time!" she responds, her eyes glazing over in happiness at the mere memory of the place. "I spend most of my time traveling back and forth between the swamp and the sea, in fact -- it's difficult to stay fed properly at the latter, and yet difficult for me to be completely happy at the former. The ocean is an amazing place."

"I don't think I'd ever be happy joining a tribe, though." She looked down and shook her head a bit. "I tend to keep to myself, the society of others makes me uncomfortable after a time." Her head snaps back up to the buck, hoping she hasn't made him uncomfortable with this last comment. "I mean...I'm sorry, I don't mean to insult. I just don't find myself able to be appropriately sociable as much as others do. I get lost in my thoughts."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:34 pm
Her panic makes him shake his head. "Don't worry, you didn't offend me. I am mostly a loner myself, though it is more that others find me too rude to bear for long periods of time. I have little tact, and simply blurt out what I'm thinking." He rolls his eyes. "I'm simply honest, and if I don't make it nice and pretty others tend to take my words badly."

Nudge is more curious by the moment. "Why not live in the area in between, then? Isn't there enough food between the Swamp and the sea?" Curiosity had always been his downfall. He simply had to know everything. And the little doe he was coming to think of as his--even if it was temporary, as she traveled so much--posed quite a mystery to him.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:13 pm
Meets tilted her head and smiled at the plainspoken buck. "You don't seem very rude to me," she replied, looking at him for a moment more before blushing and turning her face away. Meets, what's gotten into you? she chastised, composing herself and turning back to Nudge.

"There would probably be enough food for most, but I don't eat meat, and vegetation is difficult to come by in the saltier climate." She closed her eyes and tilted her head to the sunlight. "And I can't help but want to be close to the crash of the waves..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm
The buck nods sagely. "So you cannot sustain your vegetarian life at the ocean or in the flats. It would make sense, then, to perhaps cultivate vegetation you can eat near the sea, since the area makes you so happy." He tilts his head, thoughtfully. "There's to be a spring gathering soon. Many Kimeti show up and partake in...odd...games and...rituals. Perhaps you might meet a Kimeti who grows things who can help you. I myself will be attending."  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:23 pm
Meets tilted her head in thought, intrigued by the idea. "To grow my own food there...that's a very clever idea." She looked up at the buck appreciatively, but her face fell when he mentioned the festival.

"I...I'm not really much of one for large gatherings...I...they tend to end badly for me." Her nervousness seemed to have returned with the mention of such an event, and she kept her eyes to the ground, one hoof scratching at the ground anxiously.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm
"I am certain that you shall be as charming as you are today, and most will find you agreeable to be around." It was so sweet, how shy she was.

He glanced up at the sky. "It's getting rather late, now. Would you care to stay with me? I would very much enjoy more time with you."

He led her back to his cave, and the night passed quickly, and so they separated, hopefully to find each other at the Festival of Abundance. Nudge watched her go, and started at the fierce clutching in his chest. I think I love her...  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces