Reply Pokémon Defenders
johto= japan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:33 am
So I was having a conversation in one of my guilds with a young man who seemed to think johto resembled america more then old japan. The obvious answer is "No." But it got me thinking.

Which earth country do you feel each pokemon country represents?  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:56 am
Doesn't each region represent some region of japan? Tippy would know better than me.  

Bulbasauurr

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:18 am
yes but I always felt Hoenn represented South America and the tropical rain forests better then japan.

and Sinnoh represents Russia better then japan.

and Kanto could be japan but its basically represents any place in Europe,japan, or north America with modern housing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:20 pm
Yes, technically, each of the regions is just a different part of Japan flipped around. Kanto is based on the, well, Kanto region, Johto is Kansai, Hoenn is Kyūshū (and a little bit Okinawa), and Sinnoh is Hokkaido. The exception is Orre, which is based off the deserts of Arizona (though some insist that it's Gunma Prefecture).

Though you're asking what countries do we tend to associate with each region instead? For my PokéVerse, the list is:

» Kanto = America.
» Johto = Canada.
» Hoenn = Europe (nothing specific since the only time it ever shows up is in passing/to be made fun of, lol)
» Sinnoh = France.
» Orre = The middle east.
» Fiore/Almia/Oblivia = Cuba, because the rest of the world hates them and has an embargo against them.
» The Orange Islands = The Caribbean.

I've also got two fan regions that serve as Germany and Japan, but I won't get into those.

The assignments are kind of random, based more on the RP characters that come from each region than on the region itself (I think the only region I actually took into consideration was Orre. The others were just, "Well X Character is from Here and acts like This IRL Nationality, so X Character's region must be That IRL Nation").

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:15 pm
I think more like...

Johto = Japan (seriously, it's the most traditionally Japanese.)
Kanto = U.S.
Hoenn = Southern Country (no place in particular, IMO)
Sinnoh = France/Europe.

Those are my thoughts.
YES I KNOW KANTO AND JOHTO ARE CONNECTED SHUTUP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:32 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
I think more like...

Johto = Japan (seriously, it's the most traditionally Japanese.)
Kanto = U.S.
Hoenn = Southern Country (no place in particular, IMO)
Sinnoh = France/Europe.

Those are my thoughts.
YES I KNOW KANTO AND JOHTO ARE CONNECTED SHUTUP.
finally an answer I can agree with.  

Mr Popo in your mouth

DracoxisDiamond

Witty Nerd

25,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 pm
Isshu is based off of America.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:53 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Yes, technically, each of the regions is just a different part of Japan flipped around. Kanto is based on the, well, Kanto region, Johto is Kansai, Hoenn is Kyūshū (and a little bit Okinawa), and Sinnoh is Hokkaido. The exception is Orre, which is based off the deserts of Arizona (though some insist that it's Gunma Prefecture).

Though you're asking what countries do we tend to associate with each region instead? For my PokéVerse, the list is:

» Kanto = America.
» Johto = Canada.
» Hoenn = Europe (nothing specific since the only time it ever shows up is in passing/to be made fun of, lol)
» Sinnoh = France.
» Fiore/Almia/Oblivia = Cuba, because the rest of the world hates them and has an embargo against them.

I've also got two fan regions that serve as Germany and Japan, but I won't get into those.

The assignments are kind of random, based more on the RP characters that come from each region than on the region itself (I think the only region I actually took into consideration was Orre. The others were just, "Well X Character is from Here and acts like This IRL Nationality, so X Character's region must be That IRL Nation").
But I wanna play in Germany!  

Redforest

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:01 pm
Redforest
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

» Kanto = America.
» Johto = Canada.
» Sinnoh = France.

But I wanna play in Germany!
Too many jokes about the bad guys trying to make a superior race pokemon for my taste. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:37 am
Hmm... I never really associated them with real world countries...
But now that I think about it...

Kanto = US
Johto = Japan (Bellsprout tower, weird legend about the three beasts, Kimono girls, the slowpoke well all strike me as Japanese... All it's missing is Caramelldansen (And I know it's technically Swedish, but I hear it's popular in Japan... Plus the randomly placed and overly accented english phrases in the music is present in Japanese music.))

Hoenn = I have no idea, but whatever place has a torchic is epically awesome. Paradise Falls maybe? Adventure is out there!

Orre: Hidden Utopia of the underground Mole People. The Under along with the fact that every single location is named after a mineral is more than enough proof of that.

Orange Islands: Caribbean. I agree with Tippy. Especially since the badges were made out of seashells.

I haven't played too many other games outside of that...  

Sora VioGreen

7,525 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items