Submit

Is dating a non-beleiver wrong?
  Yes
  No
  I don't know
View Results

nat.wwjd.09

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:54 pm
It is not so much about that, but in making sure you guys both have the same footing. And if he or she accepts Christ because of you, and only for you, you cannot make sure that they did that because they actually believed. Also, would you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who is going to hell?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm
LadyAmbrosia
K, so, from what I understand the reason we are not supposed to marry non-beleivers is because the will corrupt your children. So, what if you decide not to have children, could you marry one then. I ask this because the only person I have ever really had a connection with is not Christian, he beleives that we are an alien experiment rolleyes , anyway, I never had a shot before, but now he's broken up with his girlfriend of 3 years, so I'm considering asking him out, but I'm not going to if it could never get that far. I don't want to waste my time, but I have alway's thought he could be the one.

blueprints for the black market...

It's not just for the children that God says to not marry a nonbeliever.
It's the fact that the difference in opinion could eventually wear down your faith.
Just don't be so closely yoked to someone who is so different from you.
It just doesn't build a strong healthy relationship between the two of you.
Jesus, Others, Yourself.
It's best to be with someone of those priorities, no?

...anberlin

Donate your extra tickets? Them's mighty appretiated!

Arachibutyrophobic

Arachibutyrophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:55 pm
nat.wwjd.09
It is not so much about that, but in making sure you guys both have the same footing. And if he or she accepts Christ because of you, and only for you, you cannot make sure that they did that because they actually believed. Also, would you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who is going to hell?

blueprints for the black market...

Amen.
Christianity isn't accepting a title,
It's having a relationship with Jesus Christ.

...anberlin

Donate your extra tickets? Them's mighty appretiated!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:00 am
I would say it's ok, but I'd much prefer to date someone I can talk to about what I like.  

Red Eyed Pothead

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:03 am
the new isaac
Oh WOW no,no,no
malo malo.
bad,bad.
DOn't EVER date a non-believer!!EVER!!
It's just like gravity.
If some one is a non-believer, it is easier for them to pull u down, than it is for u to pull thm up! xp

who is to say you stand tall enough to pull up anyone
if you want to stay in your box thats cool but don't drag anyone else down with you

and try and be nice
never know
you may have to ask some one with box cutters to let you out  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:06 am
SinfulGuillotine
Rei003
The only thing I have trouble about dating non-believers is that they don't really understand about morals....
Not being Christian doesn't merit not having morals in any way, shape, or form. Religion is not the only thing that dictates a person's personal conduct.

well said  

lordstar

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:34 pm
LadyAmbrosia
K, so, from what I understand the reason we are not supposed to marry non-beleivers is because the will corrupt your children. So, what if you decide not to have children, could you marry one then. I ask this because the only person I have ever really had a connection with is not Christian, he beleives that we are an alien experiment rolleyes , anyway, I never had a shot before, but now he's broken up with his girlfriend of 3 years, so I'm considering asking him out, but I'm not going to if it could never get that far. I don't want to waste my time, but I have alway's thought he could be the one.

There is nothing in the Bible that says you can not date a non-believer. I believe this is mostly because people can change their own beliefs over the course of their lives, perhaps by dating them God can work through you to change their heart.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 pm
Incarcerated_love
LadyAmbrosia

There is nothing in the Bible that says you can not date a non-believer. I believe this is mostly because people can change their own beliefs over the course of their lives, perhaps by dating them God can work through you to change their heart.

That brings up the question about the purpose of dating.

What is the purpose of dating? Is it just a casual social activity? Is it romantic practice? Is it the search and testing of a potential spouse?  

Seraph68

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:49 pm
Seraph68
Incarcerated_love
LadyAmbrosia

That brings up the question about the purpose of dating.

What is the purpose of dating? Is it just a casual social activity? Is it romantic practice? Is it the search and testing of a potential spouse?

To clarify what I meant about dating was not to imply that dating's sole purpose was to find someone and change their beliefs to your own. I was just stating here that a person's beliefs change over time. I also am stating, however, that in a romantic relationship each partner influences the other in different ways. For instance, after a period of time one may pick up a certain phrase the other says on a regular basis.

now to answer your question, dating is defined as (7. a social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person: to go out on a date on Saturday night.
8. a person with whom one has such a social appointment or engagement: Can I bring a date to the party?) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dating

So the practical purpose of a date is social. Friends can have dates and not be romantically involved. When a couple is romantically involved the purpose of dating is to get to know the person to see if they are who you want to spend your life with or the type of person you want to spend the rest of your life with. This is the ideal meaning of dating.

I say this from personal experience this is not always true, but for the most part is. I have dated guys I was not attracted to and knew that I never would marry, some out of pity (I'm being mean here :XP smile and some just for self gratification. It was not Christian like whatsoever when you use people and pretend you like them romantically just to get something out of them or let them knowingly use you for their own.

So it is safe to say dating is one of those terms defined very differently by each person's own unique situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:56 pm
Well, it's not wrong.
But if you date someone who doesn't have the same religious beliefs as you, then it will create issues about how you think something should be done, etc. etc.
And you won't be able to talk to each other about anything religious without bringing up disagreements.

DelightfulCatastrophe

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:11 pm
DayofDance
Well, it's not wrong.
But if you date someone who doesn't have the same religious beliefs as you, then it will create issues about how you think something should be done, etc. etc.
And you won't be able to talk to each other about anything religious without bringing up disagreements.

IDK
my family doesn't seem to have any problems  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:26 pm
Mmmm, yeah my friends sister is a christian and her boyfriend is not o.o
the way SHE feels about it is that
1) even if hes not christian now,he could become one later
2) even if he WAS christian,he could still lose his faith
3) While she is a dedicated Christian,at some point in her life SHE may lose her faith

i deffinately think all of thsoe are possibilities  

Joseph Crossheart

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:26 am
DayofDance
Well, it's not wrong.
#

But that can happen in a relationship of Two Atheists, or even Two chrisitans, you shouldent deny a relationship just because of the possabilitys of Disagreememnt or contrasting opinions, if that were the case no one would date or marry anyone else.  
Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff