Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 16:: Gardening!
Why I love to Garden

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:13 pm
To my loves: Treehuggers,
I have gardened ever since I was 8. I started planting sunflowers, peas, tomatoes, pumpkins, and squash.
I plant just about what I started planting when I was 8 and I haven't gone without planting veggies each year!
It turns out that, in my opinion, gardening can actually be a lot of fun, and because this activity is definitley ecofriendly, you can feel good about helping the enviroment, too!
Peace and Love,
Sazzie  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:02 pm
I agree! I have been gardening for as long as I can remember. I love it! That, and it allow's me to cook GREAT things for my freinds!  

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

Metal Wallflower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:24 pm
i can't garden (i live in an apartment with no yard to speak of), but i seem to be collecting stray plants - unwanted because of people moving, etc. they are carefully neglected, and slowly taking over my home. it's a nice, co-dependent environment - they have a place to run amuck, and the air quality is better (the asthma problems are improving a lot).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 am
We had a garden when I was really little, but it was so hard to garden because it was all in shade, so we could only plant shade plants. Everything wilted, and it was just a big mess. Then my dad built a koi pond/waterfall where the garden used to be, and we have planters over the fences that my dad built as well.

We have catnip, grapes (green and purple!), tomatoes, sunflowers, cucumber, spearmint, cilantro, (and a few other herbs I can't recall the names of right now), apples, lettuce, chives, and more. We plant different things every year, depending on how it grows here. Last year, we didn't even plant cucumbers, but we found a huge one growing on our fence.

PoppyPatch
Crew

Account Inacctive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am
metal walflower
i can't garden (i live in an apartment with no yard to speak of), but i seem to be collecting stray plants - unwanted because of people moving, etc. they are carefully neglected, and slowly taking over my home. it's a nice, co-dependent environment - they have a place to run amuck, and the air quality is better (the asthma problems are improving a lot).

same here, i live in an apartment, but my parents would never let collect strays  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 pm
i cant garden either  

Whiteknight01

5,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:06 pm
lol Okay. ^^ You can also plant certain things in flowering pots in your home near a window.
Peace and Love,
Sazzie heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:47 pm
I forgot to mention that I have a pepper plant in a pot in my room. biggrin
Peace and Love,
Sazzie heart  

Sazzie Lotus Song

Stars Flying
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 pm
My family doesn't do much gardening because everyone's busy with work and school and such. But we do grow bell peppers and basil and cilantro.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:28 pm
I love bell peppers! biggrin
We grow tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, squash, peas, and sunflowers. smile  

Sazzie Lotus Song

Stars Flying
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm
Mm-hmm. Bell peppers are yummy. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 pm
We use to have this huge garden with lemons and lots and lots of vegetables but then we had to build another room and now all we have is like lemons apples these asian plants some basil it is alot but it use to be huge  

SW33T_AZN_CANDY

Newbie Elder

16:: Gardening!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces