Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkness my calling card

6,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:49 am
About 2 years ago I began getting depressed. School, Boys, friends, family, everything seemed like it came against me. I began cutting thinking it was the only way out. I cut my arm at first, people began asking questions and I stopped cutting my arms, I started cutting my legs, stomach, and chest. I cut anywhere people couldn't see. My psychologist prescribed me so many different medicines. One for depression, one for ADHD, one for ADD, one for anxiety, and one to sleep. It only made me worse. I had so many thoughts of killing myself, I wished for death so badly. I then met Christian. We started dating and he began taking me to church. He stood behind me through so much. I finally stopped cutting myself, It was hard and I slipped up a few times but for the most part I was done with that. I dedicated my life to Jesus Christ and started going to church every Wednesday and every Sunday. Finally, when I believed I had enough faith, I asked God to take my depression away completely, he did and I stopped my medicine. Cold turkey with no side affects. God took my depression and gave me my life back. I believe he brought Christian to me to help me get closer to him. Now, I'm on the praise and worship team at my church and I sing every Sunday. I'm really happy with me life. I believe that God has given that back to me.

I hope my testimony gave someone peace or hope with any situation.
I thank God everyday.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:55 pm
You met a boy named Christian, who WAS a Christian, and made you a Christian?

Oh and by the way, that's great that you were able to stop your meds cold turkey, but don't think that God did it.
And I don't suggest stopping meds cold turkey in the future, because that can send your system into shock, and cause oh so many complications.  

Xahmen

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 pm
This is most wonderful news to hear. Whether one believes God did it, or it was just a mental transformation through a medium such as faith, the results are still joyous to hear about. Thank you for sharing your testimony and growing in Christ. Now let us look to future moments of you bringing this light that you have received to others as well.  
Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games