Submit

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

Yeah, when it happens to mine the LED doesn't come on. So if unplugging it for a few minutes didn't work then I don't think I can help.

Well this happened to me last night, and I only left it unplugged for only 10 minutes. It's been plugged in ever since I last tried it. So now, I guess I'll leave it unplugged for an entire day, and then try later.

Thanks for your insight. Hopefully I can get something along the lines of what you said to work. wink

Did this happen after you lost power or anything like that?

I don't think so. Because I remember playing it like a few hours before. And I turned it off properly, by going to the home screen, and pressing the power button on my Wii remote.

It could be your power cord. I find Nintendo's accessories tend to fry. Do you have a friend whose power cord you could borrow? If that's the problem, it should only cost like ten bucks to get a replacement.

It's weird, because like none of my friends have a Wii, but like all of my brothers' friends do. If the "rest for some time" method fails, then I'll ask him to borrow a power cord from someone. Thanks for the idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Sorry to bring this up again, and bump this.

...But if the two hypothesizes resolutions don't work (leave it unplugged for a day and then plug it back in and use a different power cord), does anybody else have any wise words? Should I try and bring it into a professional, if these methods fail to work?  

Dude-LAP

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:03 pm
Dude-LAP

...But if the two hypothesizes resolutions don't work (leave it unplugged for a day and then plug it back in and use a different power cord), does anybody else have any wise words? Should I try and bring it into a professional, if these methods fail to work?
If you call Nintendo (the number is in your Wii Instruction Manual) and deal with the automated system long enough to get a technical support agent, they can walk you through the typical things that can cause your problem; there might be things we've missed. If they can't solve it, they can offer to send you a pre-paid envelope to send your Wii away in. I think your warranty is expired by now, so you will end up getting a bill at the end. If you don't feel like making the drive to the nearest Nintendo Repair Facility (The tech guy should tell you, he told me they're usually done within the day), you can send it away.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 pm
Alright, I left my Wii unplugged for over 24 hours, plugged it in, and I still have no power or get any response.

Next, I'll try a different power cord.  

Dude-LAP

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Dude-LAP

If you call Nintendo (the number is in your Wii Instruction Manual) and deal with the automated system long enough to get a technical support agent, they can walk you through the typical things that can cause your problem; there might be things we've missed. If they can't solve it, they can offer to send you a pre-paid envelope to send your Wii away in. I think your warranty is expired by now, so you will end up getting a bill at the end. If you don't feel like making the drive to the nearest Nintendo Repair Facility (The tech guy should tell you, he told me they're usually done within the day), you can send it away.

Okay, thanks a lot for the tip. Once I try a new power cord, I'll call Nintendo for technical support. I live a train ride and a short walk away from the Nintendo Store in NYC, so maybe they'll tell me to bring it there. If not, I'd be fine with sending in my Wii for fixing, as long as it gets repaired.

Thanks again. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:04 pm
biggrin Yes! It's working! biggrin

...Somehow, it got fixed. After trying a variety of things, I finally left it unplugged for about 4 days. Plugged it in, and it's working now. It's weird, because I tried it with someone else's power cord, it worked, then it worked with mine. Whatever, but I'm back to Wii gaming. razz  

Dude-LAP

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces