Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obituary Press RP Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for the semi-literate and literate role players out there! 

Tags: literate, role play, role playing, writing, fantasy 

Reply Character Storage
theonlywayout's Character Profiles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

karidosis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:10 pm
--» Table of Contents «--

Alter City
The Avia
The Unwanted Twist
Closer to the Stars

-----

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:16 pm
We are all that's left in Alter City. And who are we? We are kids and teenagers striving to survive in a crazy world.

Gaian Name: theonlywayout
Character Name: Elena Musette Chevalier
Birthday: February 17, 1993. 5:01 am.
Ethnicity: French father and Ukrainian mother, but that's hardly significant because her entire family is completely white-washed. (Assimilated into the current culture, is what I mean.)
Sexual Preference: She would be completely uninfluenced by gender, if she had any interest in relationships of this nature.
Personality: First off, don't call her Elena; she never responds to it. At least with 'Nell' you can get her attention approximately seventy percent of the time. Nell at first seems rather simple-minded and easily bewildered. But that's because most of the time her head is stuck in the clouds, more like the next galaxy, actually, because that odd little brain of hers travels nearly as fast as light does. She's quiet and unmotivated, not shy and unsociable -- people are interesting to an extent, but the worlds in her head are so much better. When she does interact with others, they find her innocent and childlike, as well as endearingly honest (although this is due to the fact that she never thinks before she speaks, and not out of ethics). Nell is actually quite distraught over the disappearance of her mother and her older brother Julian (who had barely turned eighteen a week ago).
Biography: Her father left before she was born. Nell knows only two things about him, from her mother: he was stunningly handsome, and from Julian: he is a musician who excelled at the piano. Although heartbroken and weary, her mother raised her and her brother strictly but kindly. She especially taught them patience, perseverance, and dedication. Julian took them to heart and truly excelled at school, building a promising future for himself in law. His sister did not share his talent in academics, pursuing art and music instead.
Abilities: Nell can create illusions by carefully placing images into people's minds. Her touch is naturally light, having a gentle soul, and the projections come straight out of her memory or imagination; often they are astoundingly realistic, flooding every sense with the smells and feelings and colors of her mind. She does have to be physically touching the intended person, though, as in touching them in a personal manner, which can be fulfilled by hugging them or holding their hand, which is awfully inconvenient.
Other Skills: Nell is an extremely keen artist, adept in various mediums and at various instruments; she can also sew, cook, and sing passably.
Appearance: the countless STARS of heavens field  

karidosis

karidosis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:28 pm
The Avia use their strange, birdlike powers for good. I hold no part in their glory, save for dismantling it.

User Image
They called me Teresa Alden.
But I am known as Tessa.
I was born female.
• One hundred and ten seasons have passed since the night of my birth. In other words, I am twenty-seven.
• There is no dispute towards to whom my heart belongs... Buzzard. What his heart prefers is, unfortunately, a difficult matter.
My life's calling? Farm wife, mother of three, informal book-keeper. (Although our town now has its own accountants, a good many of the inhabitants still don't trust them. So I keep track of several businesses' expenses and figures, particularly the poorer ones.)
The real me is shrewd and observant, but considerably fair and patient. It's not easy looking after a farm, especially since I was raised middle class and had a distinct background in education. It takes a great deal of endurance and determination to swallow your fears and bury your hands into the unknown. Nowadays I've slipped into a routine, a easy pattern, but I still remember those days of inexperience and surprise at every new encounter. I didn't give up, and I feel well rewarded. I love my husband and children. I'd be the first to admit every one of my flaws, but there is no single word that can accurately render my feelings for them. Catching me in a fury is rare, but if some great injury or injustice were inflicted upon them, the wrongdoer would not ever live to see the sun shine another day.
The mirror will show a wiry, fair-haired woman with enticing sea green eyes and thin eyelashes, waist-length yellow blonde hair usually pinned up, and a baby at her hip. She wears weathered aprons, long skirts, ill-fitting chemises, and scarves or shawls during the winter, for she needs to be able to move with ease in her work. A fairly average sized woman with large hips and small feet.
• There's little to say about the things I have done. My mother was a governess who insisted that I follow her line of work. My father, who had never gone to school a day of his life, agreed because he saw in me a natural thirst for knowledge, which was encouraging to them both. It'd save me from being forced to marry someone of the lower class, which was probable (unless I loved him, as my mother had, but for some reason both my parents frowned upon this). I was well on my way when I met Buzzard. He won me over, I still don't quite understand how, when he asked me to marry him my heart just about stopped as it had never done for any other man. And you know how persuasive he can be; his dream of a warm, serene farmhouse, a place away from all the excitement of his adventuring, eventually became mine too.

User ;; theonlywayout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:12 pm
In the woods lies a mansion, a sanctuary for abandoned, magical children. Unfortunately, it has a ghostly pest...

Mistbringer, Alasdair

You can call me Aly
I look 14
Though, I'm truly 11
Can't you see that I'm a girl and selkie?
I'm a gardener. Fear me!
I just love
^^ Swimming
^^ Singing
^^ the Ocean
^^ Happy People
I HATE
DX Pollution
DX Conflict
DX Enclosed or Really Dry Areas
DX Poachers
I can be... cheerful, good-natured, silly and optimistic.
Ah, but I'm just a mere puppet of theonlywayout
My special talent here... understands animals, incredible swimmer.
See? Can't you see me? Aly
I write in Dark Sea Green.

karidosis

karidosis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:28 am
You only have one quarter and it does cost fifty-cents which makes no sense at all.
How about a NICKEL?

Name: Sagittarius
Once Name: Mercedes Anne Stevens
Height: 5'4"
Equipment: A thick belt with the following items fastened on: a canteen, a sheathed Bowie knife, and a pouch containing a notebook/planner, two pens, a sharpie, and her wallet. A bow and self-made arrows wrapped in an old windbreaker. Some rather stylish sunglasses, a straw hat, and a bottle of apple scented lotion.
Power/Skills: Enhanced eyesight, godlike hand with a bow. Does being on the school's track and water polo teams count?
Bio: Bright, happy, unambitious, Mercedes lived in a small farming community with a large family. She attended a year of college in the big city before realizing that as much as she enjoyed learning, school was not her cup of tea. However, the strong willed gingertop had taken business classes, and after a few loans and a lot of odd jobs, she was able to open up a tiny book store. Then the plague hit. She was well adapted to living independently and on her own, though hiding from the Shade took some getting used to... lucky she's so athletic. And of course with her passionate and righteous nature, Mercedes knows she will not be able to rest if she simply stands by and lets things happen.

Character Storage

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games