Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
What people are most prominent in your country?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:48 pm
What type of people are prominent in your country?
And what do they do?

For example, everyone knows America's president Bush, they know how he looks and sounds...Sadly.

And many people world wide knows Castro in Cuba (( i think most people know him XD )) or Mao in China!

* What type of people are prominent in your country?
* And what do they do?
* What about other countries, do you know their prominent people?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:51 am
The Queen and the primeminister. XD

The Queen does nothing, haha, seriously, what does she do? apart from give speeches at xmas etc.
primeminister lets england go to ruin. (:

Fun times these.  

MAGICALMAO

An Unknown Kunoichi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 pm
* What type of people are prominent in your country? Steve Irwin, The Wiggles

* And what do they do? Deceased 'Crocodile Hunter', Children's entertainment group

* What about other countries, do you know their prominent people? Yeah, but that will take a while to list. =P  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:15 am
Berlusconi. crying OH GOD, BERLUSCONI.
What does he do? He makes himself ridiculous in front of all the other countries and tears away the Italian's law and justice system just to cover up his own and his friends' crimes. scream stressed evil
Being in Spain for Erasmus, I'm learning a bit about the prominent people in the government. You guys are SOOO LUCKY to not have a government chief like ours (bank refilling or not).  

Egrus Dam

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:12 pm
An Unknown Kunoichi
* What type of people are prominent in your country? Steve Irwin, The Wiggles

* And what do they do? Deceased 'Crocodile Hunter', Children's entertainment group

* What about other countries, do you know their prominent people? Yeah, but that will take a while to list. =P

Wow, my niece loves the wiggles!
Had no idea where they were from, i always grab my MP3 player when its wiggles time XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:56 am
Soccer players, actors...

...and Angela Merkel. ********, other countries had better female leaders. Just remember Catherine the great or Elisabeth I...

...*baaaaahaaahaaa*  

Verderbnis
Crew

Daionii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 pm
Pfft... the singer Tom Jones? Or Catherine Zeta Jones? I dunno D:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:26 pm
Daionii
Pfft... the singer Tom Jones? Or Catherine Zeta Jones? I dunno D:

Wow, had no clue she was Welsh XD
She sounds so American in movies :0  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

Verderbnis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm
Til Schweiger, Ralph Moeller, Udo Kier, Alexandra Maria Lara...

...Til Schweiger and Ralph Moeller suck, because they play themselves and not a role. Udo Kier impersonated my favorite villain in "Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2" (Mind control freak Yuri) and he has played in "The ninth gate" with Johnny Depp. Alexandra Maria Lara was Traudl Junge (Hitlers secretary) in "The Downfall".  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:04 am
I am American.

Obama. I don't have much to say about him. I think and hope that he will be a decent president.  

Bellalisa

In Medias Res III

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:40 am
I have no idea. I would suspect most Canadians don't even know/care who the PM is. We kinda just let the government do whatever... we have free healthcare, most of us are middle-class, and we don't have any huge scandals or plans to wage war with other countries.

Wait...

Celine Dion.  
The World Mosaic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces