Submit

Best Tennant series so far?
  Series 2
  Series 3
  Series 4
View Results

Dr. Demented

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 am
This topic contains MAJOR SPOILERS for the next seasons, so highlight at your own risk!

Highlight here:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

DT IS LEAVING!!!!

WHY!?!?! He'll be staying for the X-mas, and four other specials, but after that---

DT explains his reasons here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

We'll miss you David!

10th Doctor 2005-2009 =(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:32 am
I'm not sure whether to white-text my response to that or not. D:

Then again, I guess it's common sense that the thread will be about the spoiler warned for. >>

I'm sad to hear that because I really like him, but I do understand his reasoning. While it is meant to be a job and not a hobby, if he's going to stop enjoying the part, chances are, his performances will suffer which means that the show will suffer.

Though I think he's overestimating the "We want a new one now" thing, because I'd rather it just carried on without keep having to get used to new actors, but that's just me so maybe everyone disagrees with me on that.

Damnit, we're getting through Doctors so fast though. My inner-cynic is starting to wonder whether the part is just being used as a stepping stone, but hopefully the next guy will prove me wrong on that. =[

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 pm
Aw darn... nobody voted for 3. Now I feel bad, coz its one of my favorites.

I only voted for 4 because i've only seen the whole season once as opposed to like 5 times.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 pm
I like Paterson Joseph  

CrystalGazer

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 pm
It's not so strange really. I'll miss him sorely but if you check the history, most of the actors who played the Doctor in classic Who were around for 3 or 4 years. He's continuing the tradition.

And I'm amused by the 8 to 1 odds on John Simm as the next doctor. I personally think it should be a bit of a bigger number in the front there. Could he pull off the part, certainly, but he's too closely identified with the master for now. Maybe next time they need a new Dotor, after he's aged a bit. For now, every time he came on I'd be thinking "F#@*! The Master's on the Tardis! Flee in terror!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Plus, everyone would recognize that face. It would not work for the Doctor at ALL. And Runa is right. That was the amount of time. It's just Tom Baker that went for 7. However, things started to get dark, and he didn't feel comfortable with it. And that was why he left. Poor Paul. All he has is the radio broad cast and only ONE TV showing. *Curses the FOX network.* You tried to kill Dr. Who just as you had many others, but you did not succeed.  

Triska
Crew

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 pm
Tennant was (and is) and awesome Doctor.
But, even though I'll miss him, I'm excited to see who'll
they'll bring in as the next Doc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm
PATERSON JOSEPH!!!

We need a black doctor. For reals. And he played Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere, so if he brings some of that character into the Doctor- it would be AWESOME.  

CrystalGazer

Dante Alicheery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:35 am
I expected it would happen sooner or later. He's survived longer then the average life-span indicates. You had a great ride, Tennent. Bon Voyage.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:01 am
I am really gonna miss him crying I started to watch the show because of him - he played in HP and then I found out Doctor who...

it has just been an amazing journey with him and I will be really sad when he leaves, it has been great years some we have had with him ^^^but I can't wait to see who will be the 11th Doctor

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:13 pm
I kind of like the idea of Paterson Joseph
Anyother vote's for Doctor 11? What do you say, who's your personal pick.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Matt Smith. That's all I have to say.  

thisisiausername

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas