Reply Advice
to give up my dreams for God? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iMystere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:04 pm
What most people don't realize it that you DO have to give up what you think your dreams are for God. We are meant to live our lives for Him, doing His work and will.

Just like, at one point I wanted to be a model (Don't even ask), but I felt that God was trying to pull me to something else, because as Christians, we are supposed to live our lives for God.

Then I wanted to open a Christian pre-school, but that still felt like I was doing it for myself, not God.

Finally, my boyfriend decided to learn guitar. Now, I love singing. I do it all the time. It feels like my fire and my soul. When I can't sing I feel empty and sad. Singing always cheers me up.

Now, God gives people talents so that they can fulfill their duties better than others.

So now, we're going to make a Christian band. I feel this is suiting, because how I came to Christ was through music, so I know how powerful music ministry can be.

And I'm afraid. I'm a very shy person. But I can feel that this is the right thing for me to do. And I know it's going to be hard, but anything for God is worth it. All of my life is for God's will to do whatever He wishes.

So, you may not feel great about it at first, but I think you'll soon learn that it is such a huge part of you. God doesn't make anyone do something they truly don't wish to.

And as everyone has said, you're 15. You have time to figure things out.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 pm
Aquiella
I think that if God wants you to NOT be in the military or be a fighter pilot, it means you bloody well better listen to him!! XD

He has your best interests at heart! Maybe he's preventing you from ending up in some concentration camp that you wouldn't have been in had you been a preacher.

Maybe he needs you to minister to certain people where you couldn't had you been a pilot.

Think about the posibilities of what each job may entail. Good or bad.
---
And I think Lordstar meant that God wouldn't give us dreams if he didn't want us to follow them.

Only problem is... Satan can give us dreams and desires too. Should we follow them as well?

God can use him in a concentration camp. Look up Voice of the Martyrs. There are many martyrs, and those who came close to being martyrs because of their faith. Many martyrs have made martyrs of their captors. They prayed for their enemy, the enemy converted, and then the enemy became the one who was persecuted. They continued on the cycle. Look at what Paul had happen when he was in jail?

What you NEED to do is turn your dreams over to God. If He puts you on the path to the military AND service to Him (such as a chaplain pilot like my Marine cousin who is a missionary to his platoon each and every time he deploys or meets with them), then you will be blessed.

We may end up disappointed for a time that a dream did not come true, but as long as we see that we did God's will and not our own, then we will be happy. As it is, I do not like Jr. Highers. They bug me. I have no passion for them. Or so I thought. I went on a trip and the group I was with went to be counselors for a week with Jr. Highers. I had to keep my mind open. I realized that I could work with them in a camp/ mentor/ ministry position, not as a teacher at a school! What wonders God can do when we give it all to Him.

I also went to Japan one summer on a Music Mission trip. I now want to create a summer/ vacation time camp for the youth in Japan!

That is an idea and a dream that I now have. Our dreams change with time. I still wish to be a novelist, and I can still do god's work.

Hand it all over and trust Him fully! Have true faith!

Bless you for wanting the job of a fighter pilot! My grandfather was an aircraft mechanic, and I have a long family background of those in the military. My grandfather was a missionary and in the ministry field as he worked on airplanes! You can do that too!

Keep yourself open to God, and you will be blessed in ways you never thoughts would happen.  

SloanSage

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:01 am
Well you can do both my good man.

My friend iv had all my life is in the canadian airforce ((yes we have one)) His squadren is called the Angels. There all christian ((and one was jewish but not any more)) He once told me on average they pray 5 to 20 times a day together. This includes over there radios in the air! he has become an inprompu preacher over some of the closest people in his life and im friends with them. Me, im an army boy, Blood guts and mud for me =P  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 pm
Yep, God can use your dream to complete HIS will.  

SloanSage

Vondra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:56 am
xp This thread was created over a year ago and he has hardly answered since within a month's time that this thread was created.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 pm
I thought that said October, not November and I thought 2008...

Sorry, my bad. Well... maybe someone else had a similar question and got some advice out of it anyways. you never know...  

SloanSage

Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces